The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad neighbor - what to do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Sorry, I forgot the winky thingy folks.
"Everybody knows that!" means the same
thing in my circle of friends 'round
the fire.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 21:41, mandrake01 wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 15:34, Micheal Leath wrote:
I just love how he is assumed to be on drugs or be some other kind of criminal based on the fact that he refuses to move his car and is home during the day.

I wouldn't immediately assume he was <on> drugs so much as I would suspect he might be <dealing> them!

Yeah what an even better assumption to make.
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Maybe he's just mr. grumpy-messy. a small conversation would not be harmful.. maybe, he was going through some problems when you asked him to remove his car from the driveway.
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
When I have time, I will try to just talk to him. After all, the majority of times he does move his car.

Dai Bato
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Quote:
Sorry, I forgot the winky thingy folks.
"Everybody knows that!" means the same
thing in my circle of friends 'round
the fire.

Ahhh... I thought so. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Home during the day. . . Hmm. . . Magician, maybe?
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 12:12, Jim Davis wrote:
Do you suspect drugs of any kind?

I wasn't assuming he does drugs, or that he even deals, but I have dealt with that a lot in the past due to my line of work.. I have ideas as to how to deal with that kind of neighbor. I wouldn't do anything, if you feel you can talk with him. Sounds like he may be reasonable.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
Hagerman
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Hagerman
Quote:
On 2006-10-30 09:00, CJRichard wrote:
Home during the day. . . Hmm. . . Magician, maybe?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Considering I also keep vampire hours, I sometimes wonder what my neighbors think of me.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 23:57, Micheal Leath wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 21:41, mandrake01 wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 15:34, Micheal Leath wrote:
I just love how he is assumed to be on drugs or be some other kind of criminal based on the fact that he refuses to move his car and is home during the day.

I wouldn't immediately assume he was <on> drugs so much as I would suspect he might be <dealing> them!

Yeah what an even better assumption to make.

Hey! I'm not affecting the guy, so I don't really have to worry about being fair!
(Kinda a nasty attitude, but I have them occassionally!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Get the books, "Get Even" because the books has some really good (bad) things that you can do. The first two books are the best.

Ray
Shakti
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Shakti
Knowing how Condo's operate and all the rules and reg's they have.
I would just complain. Condo folk don't tolerate those types of people and have no problem taking action. In fact, I think its almost a fetish to them because they seem to get off on it so much. I cant remember how many times Ive gotten crap from the condo police.
We often joke that the rules the codo's have make it seem worse than when living with ones parents. Smile

However, if you take that complaint route, you may find that your car has some new lines along the side or maybe some air will magically escape from your tires.

its a tough situation where the first step should be you talking to him in a very nice tone while at the same time making yourself clear that you aren't happy. Maybe some indirect-hypnosis convincing him how happy he will be if he complies.

or

You may want to have him see you load your truck with your hunting rifles/guns. Smile

Do let us know the outcome.
Always keep 1 eye open
< >..
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
Thanks to everyone for their responses.

It seems that my wife's comment about accidentally scratching his car if he doesn't move it has done the trick.

So far, he hasn't parked his car outside his garage since then.

Dai Bato
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2006-11-09 00:16, DaiBato wrote:

It seems that my wife's comment about accidentally scratching his car if he doesn't move it has done the trick.

Dai Bato

Yeah, that is a very mature thing to do.
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Simple solution here, actually:

1) Learn his schedule. When you KNOW he's asleep-

2) Quietly remove his screen door and screw a piece of sturdy plywood to the outside of the house, covering the spot where the screen door once was. Leave a 6 inch gap at the top. There is now approximately 3 inches of dead space between his main front door and your plywood.

3) Via the gap you left at the top, quietly but quickly fill this space with dirt, mud, and/ or concrete.

Viola! Problem solved.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
As the bad neighbor where I live I must warn you, you could get hurt.
Steve V
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
We had a "bad neighbor" like that who lived next door to us. Seldom spoke to us. Had several different sets of license plates which he changed on his car from time to time, thinking nobody noticed.

Turned out he worked for the Health Department. The extra plates were used to keep the lookouts from spotting his car.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 21:58, Bill Palmer wrote:
Turned out he worked for the Health Department. The extra plates were used to keep the lookouts from spotting his car.

That's the best meth excuse I have ever heard... multiple, stolen plates is a dealers practice.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-11-10 00:50, Micheal Leath wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-09 00:16, DaiBato wrote:

Dai Bato

Yeah, that is a very mature thing to do.

Depends on how she phrased it; "You're not leaving a lot of room and I might accidently scratch your car trying to get out." might work.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-11-19 12:52, Jim Davis wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 21:58, Bill Palmer wrote:

That's the best meth excuse I have ever heard... multiple, stolen plates is a dealers practice.

No, he really was a legitmate inspector for the health department. We're talking 1950's here. Meth labs and stuff like that were unheard of around here.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Brent
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Brent
Just because your neighbor might not have 'gotten' the obvious message already, and just because he seems to be not an especially classy or caring individual, did you ever think of trying to work things out in a civil and diplomatic way? Talk to him at a time when neither of you are rushed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad neighbor - what to do? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL