The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » ALEXANDRE video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
And it was fun. I liked your three card monte effect.
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Good fun... but how many fingers does King Kong have?
“You are what you pretend to be.”
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Smile
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2006-10-28 20:47, Malchat wrote:
Good fun... but how many fingers does King Kong have?

Naturally just my attempt at "suggestion."

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 11:18am
-------------------------------------------
I'm sure most of you guys know the effects I was performing. Any different performance ideas on those? I posted that to share different presentations on some old (and new) routines.
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Very nice, nice suggestion script as well.

You tube is a gret place to showcase yourself.
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I love the three card monte trick - where can I get that?? The poker chip trick was great too. Also, that mini crystal ball is excellent! Where can I get that???
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
For wondering minds....

Just a note that I didn't put these in any particular order. In fact you'll see two back to back effects where I ask if you are susceptible to suggestion.

The first effect is called Psychic Crystal Ball and it's a bonus on one of my $5 eBooks called Psychic Destiny. If you send me a message I'll tip you off to the method. This one is easy though ... shame on you if you don't know it. Works great and people seem to love the visual effect it generates, crystal ball can be thoroughly inspected.

The second one is a Mark Spellman Peter Nardi effect called Mind control with my presentation for it (usually anyway).

Third one is a very old, fairly known effect (my presentation included in The Black School) I've driven people nearly insane with this presentation of it where people SWEAR they saw the red card with the red back! Try it and you'll see that an old effect suddenly becomes a very effective new one.

Fourth one is my presentation of Mark Spellman's "Glimpse".

Fifth is our own Jaxson's OUTSMOKIN (www.magicjax.com). Fantastic!

Glad you guys are getting something out it.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
The first effect is called Psychic Crystal Ball and it's a bonus on one of my $5 eBooks called Psychic Destiny. If you send me a message I'll tip you off to the method. This one is easy though ... shame on you if you don't know it. Works great and people seem to love the visual effect it generates, crystal ball can be thoroughly inspected.

--------------------------------------

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, please don't, this is too good to give away. Smile

Candini
Cristobal
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaga (Spain)
288 Posts

Profile of Cristobal
I like the effects but... Don't you think that this type of tricks (of suggestion) loses all the effect in video? Everybody can watch it again, pause the video and see that is not a hallucination.

It's only a comment Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Really, really nice job Alex!

Bill
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
The crystal ball effect is lot's of fun. With little observation it should be no big mystery to us in the community, but great on everyone else. Play around with it and you'll see.

Cristobal, you're absolutely right. It's still mysterious, though. I don't think most would believe my "suggesting" techniques anyway. It's all in fun!

Bill, thanks. While we're at it, I enjoyed your column at wizardsapprentice.com. For those that have not read it, here's the link: http://www.wizardsapprentice.com/cart/st......enews=23
Cristobal
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaga (Spain)
288 Posts

Profile of Cristobal
Alexandre, I have "Psychic Destiny" and the Crystal Ball effect is very nice. You can use other things instead the ball, a little bottle of glass with water for example.

I have performed "Mind Control" and most of the audience believe I used suggestion Smile But you are right, the three card monte effect is very fun like this.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I will usually perform Mind Control with a more traditional presentation:

Sit a spectator down with his eyes closed while holding a big black envelope.

Show the audience the blank cards while verbally claiming I'm showing that all cards are different to the audience. Very fair.

I begin suggestion.

Spectator opens eyes and peeks at a card from the deck.

I confirm that the spectator saw a card. Audience starts to shift in their seats.

I ask spectator to open big black envelope to see that I had predicted the card he would see.

Audience is shocked.

Now at this point I will sometimes leave it at that, while at other times show the spectator that he only saw what I had suggested he would see because all cards were in fact blank.

I had a guy corner me after a private performance very disturbed at my ability to make him see a card that wasn't there.

This effect can be very powerful and one must be careful in presentation not to drive a spectator out of their mind.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2006-10-30 12:07, ALEXANDRE wrote:
I will usually perform Mind Control with a more traditional presentation:

Sit a spectator down with his eyes closed while holding a big black envelope.

Show the audience the blank cards while verbally claiming I'm showing that all cards are different to the audience. Very fair.

I begin suggestion.

Spectator opens eyes and peeks at a card from the deck.

I confirm that the spectator saw a card. Audience starts to shift in their seats.

I ask spectator to open big black envelope to see that I had predicted the card he would see.

Audience is shocked.

Now at this point I will sometimes leave it at that, while at other times show the spectator that he only saw what I had suggested he would see because all cards were in fact blank.

I had a guy corner me after a private performance very disturbed at my ability to make him see a card that wasn't there.

This effect can be very powerful and one must be careful in presentation not to drive a spectator out of their mind.

Very nice. Reminds me a little of Memory Loss by Sankey in theory only.

I use suggestion with Al Koran's Magic Medallion regularly. Just a casual quesiton of how many in the audience believe in power of suggestion and go from there.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Here's another video I uploaded. This one has a slightly quicker presentation of EX NIHILO, but overall it's a longer video. Making these is so much fun, but this is it for me for some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRdQK8Hec
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Nice. Enjoyed this. Very strong.

PS: Diceman I made up my own set with business cards. Nice.

Candini
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I wonder how your Diceman set with business card is working for you, because the Diceman I have has been through the ringer and it still works great. Good quality stuff.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have two sets of Diceman with my business cards Alexandre. They are still doing fine. I had to redo a certain something once or twice but the lamination is holding nicely.

Actually I only made it up with business cards after I loss the original Diceman. Afterwards, I thought it looked more casual with the cards though.

Good effect. Story line can change like the weather, so many uses for this.
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Quote:
On 2006-10-30 23:37, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Here's another video I uploaded. This one has a slightly quicker presentation of EX NIHILO, but overall it's a longer video. Making these is so much fun, but this is it for me for some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRdQK8Hec

Alexander
Good job. Funny impromptu with David Blaine.

Is that a true story about Duke University and the Para-psychology department?
Is so, what are the doctors names?

Thanks,
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » ALEXANDRE video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL