The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Watch Jeanne-Pierre Vallarino (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Watch the master at work here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObYqcrpZlCM
Magic is a vanishing art.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Hmm was the four coin thing Hypnosix by Gaston Quieto, or just very similar effects?
TheFortitude
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of TheFortitude
I don't know about Gaston Quieto, what you just saw was Jean-Pierre Vallarino's FISM act, which he performed many years ago. It is taught on tape somewhere, it's titled "Champagne."

-David
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Daegs,

Gaston Quieto gives credict to Jeanne-Pierre in his Hypnosix routine he performs in one of his dvd.

Mano.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Elegant magic!!! Smile

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
I think the effect and method was detailed in Apocalypse, pre-dating the Vallarino routine. That is where I originally learned it from anyway.

I was surprised when I saw Vallarino present it at one of McMillan's lectures in London, as I had been performing it for quite a while before then.

Regards,
Alan
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
Which four coin thing are you refering too? the backfire or the production

Both moves have been around for awhile, but Vallarino does it better than most other people in my opinion.

Throughout Vallarino's act has has extra movements with the cards and stuff, that in other people's hands look suspicious and unnecessary.
That is why I think Vallarino is excellent. Everything he does is beautiful elegant and very unique to him even though many of those moves are very old.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I love Vallarino's work, he's very graceful. Not too many close-up cats have that in their act. Armando Lucero and Rene Lavand come to mind, but not many others. I hadn't seen that particular version of his act before. The deck production he used is great. It's based on an idea by Steranko, and elaborated upon by Gary Oullet. The act is probably best suited for competition or television. Very difficult to pull off a lot of those moves in the "real world." Never the less, it's top notch.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Well this IS his FISM winning act.. so
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Vallarino is one of those magicians whose material I'll never perform but I enjoy watching him work. As Pepka mentioned, the stuff Vallarino does is perfect for TV.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Well done... lots of Slydini influence there.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
Lovely magic. I especially like the coin work. I agree about the Slydini influence; it's nice to see. Was he a student of Slydini's do you know?
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
ELEGANT PERFORMANCE. Old moves..........sheesh, absolutely beautiful !!!
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Who says real magic does'nt exist Very beautiful magic!
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I have been a Vallarino fan for a long time since I saw his beautiful live act in Tokyo. Thanks for sharing the link to the video, I am now a kind of drunken with joy of seeing an art.

A little regretable thing is that he produced the glasses and the large coin, which I think is emphasising his use of Lapping.

Hideo Kato
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
191 Posts

Profile of Cheety
Magnifique
Mostly Harmless ^_^
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Watch Jeanne-Pierre Vallarino (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL