The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheating... is it worth it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There are many ways to cheat and some are very safe and require very little nerve at all. Personally I like playing the turn which is the safest way I know.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2006-11-19 19:29, silverking wrote:
I have to agree with Glenn, when you bring "guts" into a conversation it quickly becomes a conversation that nobody takes seriously.

Running into a burning building to save somebody takes guts or "courage".
Executing card moves whether you're a hustler or a magician takes self-confidence: Courage and self-confidence are really two different things.

Thanks silverking.

I really don't agree with the attitude that I have heard over the years about magicians and they are said to be bathroom card cheats, or that magicians are to chicken to cheat and other such nonsense.

Performing magicians that I have met over the years really don't have the "need" to cheat at the card table. They get their money by performing. Most performing magicians have the "need" to perform magic and perform, not a need to cheat at the card table.

Frank Garcia once said about a magician once they get well known, “Gamble and lose and they question your ability. Gamble and win and they question your honesty.” But then again, there are a lot of people on the web today that like to act like that they know how to handle a deck of cards. They claim that they are privileged to do the real work. And some say they make a living cheating.

I tend not to believe everything I read on the web unless I know the person writing the post or story.

Just some thoughts.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
From an old book on gambling:

"A planter went to a gambling house, accompanied by one of his negroes, whom he left at the door to wait his return. Whilst the master was gambling the slave did the same with another whom he found at the door. Meanwhile a Mexican came up and stood by looking at the game of the negroes. By-and-by one of them accused the other of cheating, which was denied, when the Mexican interposed and told the negro that he saw him cheat. The latter told the Mexican that he lied -- whereupon the Mexican stabbed him to the heart, killing him on the spot.

Soon the negro's master came out, and on being informed of the affair, turned to the Mexican, saying -- `Now, sir, we must settle the matter between us -- my negro's quarrel is mine.' `Agreed,' said the Mexican; they entered the house, proceeded to a dark room, fired at each other, and both were killed."
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
I am waiting on the punch line.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Many fine intellects among players have been brutified by loses; others, in greater number, have been so by their winnings. Some in the course of their prosperity perish from idleness, get deranged, and ruin themselves after ruining others.

:)

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Cheating is it worth it?

“Yes! It was me that cheated, I lied. Afterwards I got on the masters horse and rode off to freedom.” Said the other negro.

:)

Tommy
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
Guys, you forgot to discuss one vital topic: how fast must you be able to run...
under the table
View Profile
New user
Detroit
81 Posts

Profile of under the table
Cheating is SO worth it. Ive literally gotten 100's upon 100's of dollars from people. I tell them up front before we play though (always a must), that they are not going to win and I'm to good for them. But if they persist, I have no choice but to take their cash. Search through the deck and stack the aces in my favor....classic. Triple queens....classic and my favorite winning combo. The trick is when you cheat someone, bring a friend with you.

1. so they can vouch that you were not cheating.
2.they can (hopefully) stop anyones violence.
3.If someone chases you, you don't have to outrun them, just out run your friend! (old joke lol)
gump
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gump
In my opinion, the trick is when you cheat someone, to do it in a manner that leaves you above suspicion. Being a jerk, constantly giving yourself strong hands, and just beating someone to death is a surefire way to not only burn up all your action but get your head busted in the process.

Is cheating worth it? That's a personal choice. But if you're going to do it, at least use some common sense.
mentalskeptic
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, CA
148 Posts

Profile of mentalskeptic
From what I have studied, the vast majority of people who cheat, do it because f the psychological payoff, not just to pay their rent each month. If you want to make a good income, and not just a few hundred here and there, as has been said before, there are much better ways than cheating at card games: investing in the stock market over the long haul, for instance. Or getting a good education or training and getting a steady job in biotech (a growth undustry). Cheat only because it turns you on, and because you like to match you skill against the challenges of the table.

Cheat at cards for the same reason some people play tennis or golf: because its fun and personally—if not actually financially—very rewarding to do it well.

Am I right about this?
"Few have the courage of their convictions; fewer still, the courage for an attack on their convictions." — Nietzsche
under the table
View Profile
New user
Detroit
81 Posts

Profile of under the table
Your right on the money about me man. Although I don't mind leaving a game with a heavy pocket.
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
I was just reading about medicare/medicaid fraud. Man you got people knocking off billions of dollars and you got guys running around thinking a 3cm/3sg mob should be locked up! go figure!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheating... is it worth it? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL