The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Would a real card cheat really study Erdnase? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
ES Andrews
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ES Andrews
Quote:
On 2006-11-02 13:08, Dannydoyle wrote:
I would also like to say that I think there are far fewer actual "card hustlers" here than the poster may think.

Danny, I may come across as naive, but I don't believe everything I read on this forum.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20179 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nobody said you did. Still does not change my statement.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
Well as docs teacher told scarne the coat tail puller I am a street hustler and this is how I make my money so now yall go tell that you snitchers ! lol
ES Andrews
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ES Andrews
Memph33777, I'm glad you're here, I'm sure you're going to be as helpful as DOC.
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
Doc I want to ask you a question. I have a friend of mine we went to elementary school together. I didn't see him for some years and they next time I saw him we were going to prison together. doc you know I am crazy and when we got to prison there were gangs and 1 of the gang members skipped me in the chow line and I skipped him back and when I got back to the unit they were waiting to jump me. I had to walk down a narrow hall to get back to my cell so I told this guy to go look in my cell and get me a shank. well I have a machete and several shanks in my cell and they guy came back with the wrong shank and I sent him back to get another shank. when the gangmembers saw I was strapped they let me be. later they came to my cell and gathered outside talking trash and I just layed in my bunk with a big knife. a guy came by and told them they had better leave me and my friend along because we were killers and they were gonna get messed up messing with us. well me and dude went through a lot together. now I am still a hustler and he likes to work these punk jobs like $8 a hour. he and his girl are buying a house like lease purchase but I have bought several houses etc. he has seen me break vics for $1,000 at the gas station. but he wont hustle, I cant understand it. he likes to rake leaves, cut grass, change oil any petty thing he can think of but he wont hustle. I cant understand why. he aint sanctified. I don't trust him no more. I think he is a sucker now. he deals with suckers. he went to jail about a month ago and he was there for 2 weeks for driving on suspended license. I could have got him out it only cost $175 but I said let them squares get him out since he likes squares so much. what do you think doc? do you think players and suckers can be friends? this guy use to be a hustler, well he was a paper hanger, credit card worker and a burglar. the judge did tell him one time if he came back to the habitual offender courtroom again he would give him 9,999 days. give me feedback.
memphis jay
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15909 Posts

Profile of tommy
Shouldn’t these fairy tales have a happy ending and contain fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, giants, talking animals and stuff like that.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Hey memph thanks for writing.

Do I think that players and suckers can be friends?

Yes why not? To me (not to others) a sucker is a person who’s not knowledgeable about the con in which is done on him; most likely this person is driven by greed (wanting something for nothing). It is to my conclusion by this definition we are all suckers to something.

Just yesterday I was conned by Sprint and I can’t do anything about it. I was told that in order to get my deposit back I had to call Sprint prior to the month that I signed up for it in order for them to send me my $250.00 back. I did, they said something like they had to get it approved and that they will send me my money in a couple of days. It was approved (they told me this later on) and being that it took so long for it to come my bill came while I was waiting, they took my money instead and placed it on my phone bill. I could have understood it if they took the bill portion and sent me the rest of it but they didn’t.

Being that I went over my minutes because I lowered my plan they told me that an extra $5.00 would be added to each additional 50 mins. I use. I said okay. I go over my minutes to find out it’s really not 50 min. it’s 30 mins. and after 750 min. they would charge me 20 cents a min. for each additional call. They never told me this…the only thing that they told me was that I would pay $5.00 extra for each additional 50 min. They robbed me and I can’t do anything about it. I guess as they say “everybody’s got to eat.”

When the public complain about how they are being ripped off by these phone companies and the phone company has to pay, guess who they pay? Not the customers who they ripped off, they pay the government instead who are the biggest con men of all.

Note: While reading “The American Confidence Man” and seeing how these cons have infiltrated 99% of the big business’ it’s only at matter of time before any of us be conned by something that we know nothing about. You pay when you don’t know.

Who’s Really A Sucker?

Hustling means that you’re not working for the man, in other words, you are your own boss. So by this definition he is still working for him self but in a different capacity.

I see people on the street everyday here in the city (NYC) selling all kinds of stuff from DVD’s to cigarettes. You think that I would stoop this low to do that? Hell no, but in all actuality it depends on the mentality of the person hustling. The truth is, something is better than nothing and who am I to look down on another person’s hustle when others might just be looking down on mine. The ONLY REASON a person should look down on someone else is to help them up off of the ground.

A Playa To Another Playa

You know there’s a saying in the street it goes “why do you think that you have all the sense” meaning to the layman here, why do you think that you know everything and no one else don’t know jack.

In “The School Of Hard Knocks” we’re constantly learning new stuff everyday especially at the Gambling Spot where all the hustlers that do any and everything meet up daily to talk and hustle each other. Memph, I learn from you just like I learn from everyone else here that has info. to give/teach; this makes me well rounded in all areas. This is what a confidence man does.

You write that the judge told your friend that if he comes back to the habitual courtroom that he was going to get 9,999 days, which I calculate to be almost 28 years in jail. Wouldn’t you change your hustle too? Either he’s going to work in jail for about $75 cents a day and can’t get no cooty cat and have nigga’s chasing him around the jail cell all day or he’s going to work on the streets and get $8 an hour and get all the cooty cat that he wants or can buy. I choose the way he chose besides if you’re still pimping just have one of your girls go over and proposition him so that the money he do make will be yours.

Think About It

If your friend didn’t choose his way he would really be a sucker especially after you come to your senses and think about it logically. Imagine him trying to impress you and get caught and go back to jail for 28 years and then when you think about it later on in life, you say to yourself that you were wrong. He’s the one that would still be paying for it being locked up in jail. Why do you think criminals are snitching like it’s legal on others nowadays; it’s because the system start you off with football numbers (two digits = 10 or more years) to get you to thinking what’s more important to you; freedom or jail.

A real playa knows in his heart that only he is going to look out for himself in the long run and no one else. You see you left him in jail and it only would have cost you $175 to get him out. His conclusion to me was a correct one, he chose to stay out of jail and survive by any means necessary. He still chooses to hustle, he’s just going to make less than he’s used to but more than he would be (75 cents a day) if he went to jail.

Always remember this…the object of hustling is to be free (stay out of jail) in order to spend the money that you make. It’s been told to me that millionaires who are locked up would give it all away if they could just have their freedom again. All of us take everything for granted and don’t realize how precious something is until we lose it.

For many reasons I still believe that this man is a hustler because even though he knew that his license was suspended his hustler like mentality told him to take the chance to drive without it because the money that he would make would be worth it.

Memph, each of us come to certain realizations at different times in our life and to me he came to the realization that he’d rather spend the rest of his life hustling on the street for little bit of money than hustling for the man making almost no money for 28 years just to please you.

Respectfully,

Your Partner in Crime

Doc
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15909 Posts

Profile of tommy
A sucker is someone who is deceived.

The guy, who takes a job, takes a deal, selling his time for a an agreed price. He is not deceived by that, so is not a sucker for doing it.

I have nothing against getting a job and working for someone but I am yet to find anyone that can afford me.

A bum who does no work and pays no tax and is an idiot if he can get himself a job and get of the floor or hustle.

A Hustler is a bit of a broad term but, my view is, it’s someone who lives by his wits, and not necessarily by breaking the law.….. Some of the most successful Hustles are executed within the law.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I didn't read this whole thread but I've met many poker players who cared nothing about magic who did read and know the material relating to card play and cheating in Erdnase.
Steve V
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2006-11-09 22:22, tommy wrote:
A sucker is someone who is deceived. The guy who takes a deal.

I'm a sucker because I took the Sprint deal. I was trying to get something for nothing at an agreed price and was deceived.

Quote:
A Hustler is a bit of a broad term but, my view is, it’s someone who lives by his wits, and not necessarily by breaking the law.….. Some of the most successful Hustles are executed within the law.

I totally agree.

Hustling From The Spiritual Side

On a spiritual note for those who believe in God, 99.9% of the world are suckers (deceived) because God is trying to tell us what's going on behind the scenes (Eph 6:11, 12) and we won't listen. I guess this is why He says that "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, because thou hast rejected knowledge I will also reject thee (Hos 4:6)." This is why street (Sol's/Solomon's) knowledge is absolutely necessary besides school and bible knowledge; it makes us more well rounded.

The reason why I believe most of us are here at the Gambling Spot is because we need "to study (whatever we want to learn) to show ourselves approved...rightly dividing the word of truth (which moves are good and which ones are not)." (2 Tim 2:15).

Doc do you really believe this mess that you're talking about?

Yes, this is the reason why I tried to excel in my area because of studying and reading the scriptures. "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work...nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest," (Eccl. 9:10) in other words, be the best that you can be at whataever you're going to do before you die.

Ya'll see that a lot of the knowledge that we hustler's (Sol's) have come directly from (the books of) Solomon the wisest man in the world. Note: For those of you who don't know anything about Solomon he was a Christian (a black man) who turned street, meaning he partied, had ***s/wives galore and did everything he wanted to do all his life and at the end changed back and wrote his books of wisdom about everything he experienced while living the life of a sinner or on the streets; the predicament I'm in.

Quote:
On 2006-10-31 21:50, memph33777 wrote:
I always say there are only 2 kinds of people in the world and that's slicks and tricks and they don't like one another like a lion and a deer they are natural enemies.

Memph in this world we are the vic(s)/tricks and the Devil and his demons are the slicks/conmen and they don't like us just as you said. We are his natural enemy but he's the lion (1 Pet 5:8) and we are the deer. He doesn't like anything that Christ like, even the animals. He wants to kill us but he can't come right out and do it so he deceives us into all kinds of things so that we can eventually get killed, kill ourselves by eating foods that are not good for us, drinking alcoholic beverages to distort our minds, smoking whatever makes you happy, fornicating, adultery...whatever our vices are. God in the process is trying to tell us through his book the bible don't fall for the con, trust me and take hold of me because you can't beat the him on your own, he's just too good; this is why we need a Saviour.

We hustlers also know that sometimes it's not what (skills) you know, it's who you know or who you can count on in the end that will help/save your butt.

Respectfully,

Doc
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
Doc I was thinking to myself tonight what shall it profit me if I gain the whole world but lose my soul.99.9% of the world are suckers and I am a sucker also. I am a sucker because if I hustle for a billion dollars I cant take it with me and I got to stand before God one day. but I feel that I am a slick in this also because I plan to leave this hustling alone one day. most of my vics I beat them for $500-$1,000. There was a time when a $1,000 was a lot of money to me but now it is nothing. Doc they told me when I was a young pimp that adam was the 1st trick, eve was the first hoe and the devil was the 1st pimp. This is true because if you are doing wrong you are hoeing for the devil. he is pimping all wrong doers and in the end if you don't get yourself right with God you go to hell. I guess I just want to accomplish my goals before I die. Doc I am a loner and I believe you are a loner also. Sometimes loners like things not people, they are introverted as I am. Maybe that's why God allows us to be successful in what we do. He knows we don't mean anybody any harm but as they say "everybody needs somebody or something to love" and if you don't have anybody to love you will love something. Concerning my friend back in the day he was a burglar etc. he has a old broad and she be telling him if he hustle with me he is going to get in trouble etc. I think he is just a sucker because the hustle we do is smooth playing, not selling dope or robbing or anything like that. Doc there is a old saying"If it has been done then I can do it", I feel like I am just as smart as any other sob and I want to knock off a million. so when I am gone they will say Jay was a bad mother! He was a world class playa. I have had a interesting life. I have hustled in the apple dapple, pimped in vegas and hollywood, broke vics in d.c.. I just thank God I am still alive. I have been ran over, shot, been to federal and state prison. And still here to tell about it. Praise God and God bless yall

Memphis Jay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Would a real card cheat really study Erdnase? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL