The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » New Magic Course - Dugdale/Jay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
Is this related to the overpayment scam? I have read about this a lot on magicweek.

I am glad I have been warned about this as well as I don't want to send $800 to nigerians involved in drug tarffiking, counterfeiting, illegality etc.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I must agree with the statements above regarding reviewers letting us know their relationship to the creators of the product being reviewed. Richard and Frederic are in business with Chris and Phil. They should have said so. Of course they are going to give this item a glowing review.

As I said earlier, it is always suspicious when new members logs on and their ONLY posts are in topics like this, giving glowing reviews and testimonials. I think now it is fair to say:

SUSPICIONS CONFIRMED!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
Quote:
On 2007-03-25 15:41, Baggins wrote:
Is this related to the overpayment scam? I have read about this a lot on magicweek.

I am glad I have been warned about this as well as I don't want to send $800 to nigerians involved in drug tarffiking, counterfeiting, illegality etc.

Crikey!!!

I was going to send them nearly £400. A near miss there. I've seen first hand the trouble that drugs can cause.
wallythe wizard
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of wallythe wizard
I am on the course it is good and I am not a part of said "group"
wether you buy it is up to you but it is not a scam and the performers Phil Jay and Dugdale are top working performers,
wally
Best of British
View Profile
New user
England
25 Posts

Profile of Best of British
Quote:
On 2007-03-25 18:01, wallythe wizard wrote:
I am on the course it is good and I am not a part of said "group"
wether you buy it is up to you but it is not a scam and the performers Phil Jay and Dugdale are top working performers,
wally

I notice from other posts you have made you sign off as Phillip (Phil is short for Phillip).

Is this yet another coincidence? Or perhaps a slip up on your part?

Once bitten, twice shy. As Kajagoogoo or someone once said.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

I can vouch for the fact that wallythe wizard is not Phil Jay.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
wallythe wizard
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of wallythe wizard
http://www.chrisdugdale.co.uk/
http://www.philjaymagic.com/magician.htm

Hi,
thanks Scot for confiming that , I think the rest of you guys have a bit of a bee in your bonets about this course , I am not trying to promote it, I have no stake in wether it is a sales success or if I am the only person that bought it. all I can say is that I am happy with the contents of the course so far I paid up front based on my knowlege of the two Authors Phil and Chris (see there websites above) . I only posted here because someone wanted an opinion from someone who shelled out for the course and was not in any way involved with it and secondly I posted to confirm that it is not a scam. I am not looking to get into arguments or having snide remarks made .
wally
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2007-03-24 05:34, fredericsharp wrote:
Chris has a stamp of excellence on his passport (for "oustanding performance" I think it is called) and I believe he his the only magician from the UK to have this work permit.

What is this Stamp of Excellence? Any US guys know what this is that is given out from the US Government?

Jon
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
I think its a stamp given by the magic circle.
Art Vandalay
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Art Vandalay
Hello everyone. I found a photo on the internet of Chris Dugdale picking up his certificate of excellence (at the same time his passport was stamped). I think it was the same week as he went to pick up the award for Dexter's Bar and Grill best family restaurant in Wandesworth... quite a week!

Click the pic for full size

Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
Crikey!!!

I didn't realise the course has a stamp of approval. I take back every negative comment I've made about the course. Thanks Art Vandalay for providing the proof.

I'm going to take my PS3 back to the shop, claim a refund, and invest in the course with immediate effect.

I expect to be earing a six figure salary within 12 months. I will report back here when I've made my first million.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Boo Hat
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Boo Hat
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 21:24, Jon Allen wrote:

What is this Stamp of Excellence? Any US guys know what this is that is given out from the US Government?

Jon

His is probably referring to an O-1 visa (or earlier equivalent) which allows people of "extraordinary ability" to get visas to work in the US. The standards of qualifying for an O-1 visa are generally lower in the performing arts than they are for science and other areas, but usually involve providing some evidence of receiving awards, having critically acclaimed performances, having high earnings, etc.

BH
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
I can see where all the conflict is comign from....the only guys who are giving it good reports seems to be new guys without identities, and only a few posts each.

I can tell you now, I'm nearly 6 months into the course and it has been well worth my money. the knowledge I have gained would have took years and years of trial and error.

Quote:
On 2007-03-24 15:17, mag1c kev1n wrote:
I want to hear what the REAL pros think of this. I'm talking martin cox, mike keech, ash marlow, sean heydon, martyn rowland, stuart watkins, max butler, dave bonsall, ian hamilton, richard penna, barrington powell, jim langley, alex lodge, jimmy carlo, jordan o grady, tj spencer, bruce munton, simon grant... The real workers!

Are these guys the real workers, or just a list of guys you know? What about some of the top earners? Sanderson, Zap, David Penn, Sav, Chris Priest, Peter Wardell....is this going to turn into a who's who of british magicians? If they are 'real workers' as you put it, then perhaps they would not need to invest in this course as they already earn a steady income. I personally have made the investment because I would like to become a 'real worker.'

People are here slating the course when they havn't even seen any of it. So what if you've never heard of Phil Jay and Chris Dugdale, so what if you don't like their style. If they can go out and earn big bucks and perform for celebrities week in, week out...then I'd like some insight as to how they work their gigs!

I think it was volume 3, Chris gives an detailed account as to how he got to perform in front of Her Majesty the Queen. How he worked the contract, the timings, the effects he used, the words he used, the follow up contacts, etc. Everything is detailed. Now obviously we cant all go out tomorow and perform for the queen like he did, but the knowledge can allow me to aim for audiences of a high caliber that I am performing for now!

The course isn't bout learning new tricks, it is about taking the tricks you already know to another level. Yes they do include a couple of DVDs and effects, and I think they are first class. The dvd on the classic force was very very good. I havn't seen Paul Greens, so I cannot compare. But I have been itching to put the classic force into my repetoir for months now, and with the help on the dvd I am slowly introducing it into my act.

And yes Danny, the US and the UK markets are VERY different and hard to master both. But the pair of them (Chris and Phil) seem to spend a lot of their time in the USA, and appear to be enjoying a wealthy lifestyle. $50,000 a year just from restaurant work? How many of us earn that?? Add to that the trade shows, the parties, and all the other events, you can imagine how busy these guys are. And yes, that's $50,000 EACH not between them.

It seems that whoever gives a good comment on this course is regarded as soliciting, or is working for Chris and Phil. I am not, I hope I have been around on the Café long enough for people to know that. You can check out my website, but don't expect anything big. No, I am not what you would call "a real worker" and most of the guys have never heard of me. But with the knowledge I have gained already, I have aready started earning higher fees and peforming better magic.

In a way, the less number of people who are on this course...the better. I'm glad that I'm one of the lucky few who knows some of the secrets, and I intend touse them to my full advantage.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

I, for one, never intended to come across as critical of "whoever gives a good comment on this course," nor of Phil Jay or Chris Dugdale. If I did, I apologize here and now. I was just suspicious, as you noted, Flec, of brand new members whose only posts were in this topic giving glowing reviews, and who, as it turns out, have business affiliations with its authors and therefore a vested in the sales of the course.

I'm sure it's a good course, and I wish you nothing but success. The only reasons I won't be purchasing it are as I've already stated: The cost and the fact that the seminar is only in NYC or London.
My Lybrary Page
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2007-03-21 10:27, wonder pefomance wrote:
Chris Dugdale and Mike Jay have produced some of the most expensive PDFs out there. This is to be applauded. I heard that C. Dugdale has implemented futuristic technology in the PDFs that automatically calls his copywright attorney in NYC if one of the course subscribers goes bad and makes the files available via P2P DL.

Umm..."Wonder" aren't you the same guy who wrote in January: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4860785

"Hey hey - Luke has been working on this new book for the last few years with every spare minute that he's had. The layout, binding and general look and feel of the book are tip top. Great material direct from his Vegas one man show all wrapped up in an awesome package. The books are now back from the printers and when they ship in just a few days time everyone will see their glory."

It's funny that this "book" turned out to be nothing more than 44 pages, double sided, that was held together by a ribbon...

Now considering that your conception of what a bound book is, as opposed to the rest of the world, should we really rely on you for such up to date information?
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2006-11-01 11:31, paymerich wrote:
I read the advert on the web site and its a bit lacking of the types of magic it will teach ( other than cards). It seems like a great idea. It sounds like great information will be included in this course. But the claim to get some PDFs totally up to 300 pages and some DVDs does not make me want to shell out $600 USD. For $600 you should be getting the equivalent of the original tarbell course( over 1000 pages) already printed out for you! I just re-read and it said props and effects are included buttttttt what are those effects ? In this day and age a table of contents would help answer a ton of questions . I understand Mr stone you have benefited from direct contact with Mr Jay but we will not be so lucky. I think until an independant review comes out I will hold off .

I have to agree, with the avent of print on demand surely it would be better, given the overall cost to have hard printed books?
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20426 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lets restate my position as it seems to have been misinturpreted.

First off I said the under 50 post crowd SO happy, and the only posts they make are to say how happy they are, make me a bit shy.

I said that the 2 markets are vastly different, and from what I have seen they have no real idea what they are talking about in America.

I said you can tell a lot from the ad copy. I also said that the claims seem to be inflated.

NOW let me state that these guys have been exposed for what they are good or bad. (Told ya so).

Oh and the whole passport thing is so idiotic as to not need comment. It shows a huge misunderstanding of how immigration works, and makes me wonder HOW MUCH such a person could possibly work in the country. But I digress.

They obviously had a marketing idea here. Not a great one as they were too arrogant and felt they were smarter than everyone else in the world. If this is how they sell THIS product, to people who are LOOKING FOR IT AND DESPIRATE FOR IT, then how good can they be at selling products to people often reluctant to buy the idea in the first place?

THAT really is the central quesiton. IF these are the techniques they have to resort to in order to get this thing sold, how great can it be? If this is their idea of a "good marketinig strategy", which it obviously was a contrived plan, then what is their idea of a good marketing strategy? See THESE are the questions you have to ask.

Forget the reviews for they are tainted, every one of them. Forget the ad copy for it is designed to excite you. Look at the ACTIONS of those involved. Sorry guys POLICE WORK 101. Old habits creeping up. But it is fun to see this stuff happen LOL.

Would I consider buying it? Oh god no. It is not even about content or if it works or does not work, it is about the guys putting it out and their actions alone.

Sorry guys but you biffed it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Daniel_Alexander
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Daniel_Alexander
Hey guys

A lot of emotions flying around this thread, is it such a big deal that Phil and Chris's friends said the course was good? They admitted in earlier posts that they were friends of Phil and Chris, whats the big fuss?

I bought the course when it came out, on the strength of a lecture I had heard from Chris at the corporate zone magic day, and the fect that so many punters had quoted phil jay to me saying they had seen/hired him at an event.

I have not been dissapointed, the secrets inside are phenomenal and include a transcipt of a conversation between Chris and Steven Speilbergs marketing guy (i may have the exact title wrong but he was that kind of ilk) where the guy gave Chris advice on how to market himself for 4 figure gigs. About half way through the course I very conservatively estimate the information has already gained me £2000 worth of money ($4000) that I would not otherwise have made. If I take the overall mindset shift it has created in me and advice on how to tap into new and top markets I don't know what figure to put on it.

Seriously as said before, one gig more than covers the cost I cannot believe anyone could read all the material in the course and not gain one extra gig, I cannot believe anyone could read one episode and not gain an extra gig from it. The stuff is real business advice that you would only otherwise get from decades in the business.

I am happy to talk to anyone about my experience of the course on +44 7930 530 638 or at Daniel@charismagic.com

Regards,

Daniel.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
I am utterly astounded and disgusted at some of the garbage spouted in this thread in the direction of people who are giving their honest opinions on this course and it's content. Some of the posts don't just border on the libellous, they ARE libellous. (Simon Hughes - if I were Fred you'd have been hearing from my solicitor.) DannyDoyle - Why do you doubt Fred's abilities if he was able to learn something from the course? Do you know everything there is to know about the magic and entertainment business? Do you know everything about sales, marketing, performing? Just because someone learned something from the course you assume them to be a neophyte! Nonsense. I am a sales professional who has been doing the job succesfully for 10 years. Do I learn something new every time I spend a day out with my manager? Yes. Therefore your comment is invalid.

I am a friend of Fred Sharps, whom I have known for around 10 years. He is a highly entertaining, extremely busy and successful magician in the UK and has been for a long time now (as other people who know him have also testified). I have not seen the course (although I am thinking about getting it) but for me, to hear that someone as good a magician as Fred and as successful as Fred has gotten true value from it, then I feel it must be worthwhile. For the record, to the best of my knowledge Fred is not an associate of either Phil Jay or Chris Dugdale.

Also, why is the opinion of someone who only has a couple of posts any less valid than someone who has 2 or 3 thousand posts? IMO, if someone is able to spend the amount of time online to rack up a huge number of posts, then I doubt that they are out there in the real world, performing magic and running a succesful business.

I have seen Fred perform in the real world. I have seen other performers (on DVD) who have "contributed" to this thread and who have cast aspersions on Freds opinion or performing experience. I know who I'd rather pay to come and entertain at my functions! It would be Fred every time.

On an anonymous BB, the opinion of one peron is no more or less valid than any other unless you specifically know the person involved. So lets remember that before we start throwing around accusations and blatant untruths.

This has got me so riled up, I can't believe some people. Sheesh!

Fred, Iain, Kevin - you are all gents and I am glad to be able to call you friends! The rest of you can go forth and multiply in short jerky movements!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » New Magic Course - Dugdale/Jay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL