The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with drinking straws? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
fredrux
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of fredrux
"TRICKS WITH YOUR HEAD" by Mac King and Mark Levy includes "Straw From Nose"
and "The Impaling Straw" (the last is through chin)

Quote:
On 2002-12-30 13:51, 0pus wrote:
Finally, although I have not checked recently, I suspect that there are straw tricks in Martin Gardner's Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic.

There are fifteen straw tricks/puzzles in the above mentioned book.
fredrux
genemccarthy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of genemccarthy
You can find an appearing straw from the mouth in Magic as Interpreted by Reed Michael Lucas DVD

That is a good effect.

Reed Lucas also invented Raven. Not Chuck Leach. The origional had REed's name on the instructions.

A great skilled performer. And quite creative.

gene
threeofclubs
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of threeofclubs
Daryls Fooler Dooler volume 2 has a cool effect where straws can be used
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17040 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-05-08 05:36, what so ever wrote:
Once I found a trick with a drinking straw melt thru a another drinking straw it was a free trick I found it on the internet if any one know were I can find it please tell me!

One method is HERE ......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1924 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Michael Ammar's easy to master invisible thread video has a section of the rising straw from a bottle effect.
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
Any version of cut and restrawed looks really cool.
You may find restrawed slightly more relevant to restored
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
I once saw a magician handover a straw to a kid, showing it's clean . He then shown both hands apparently empty, "linked" fingers together (I don't know how to say it in English, insert right hand's 1st finger between left hand's 1st and 2nd finger, right hand's 2nd finger between left hand's 2nd and 3rd finger, so on so forth).

behind his palms, the straw levitated. simple trick, but works great for kids.
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
In a small manuscript called Effects With Flash Paper, an impromptu version of a bullet catch can be done with a straw and its wrapper......
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
John Calvert owns the penetrating straws..........right?
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
"Effects with Flash Paper" ...When was this published? By whom?
Frank
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Flash Paper Tips is the name of the book, published by D. Robbins and Co in 1937. It was put out in 1976 by EZ Magic

I apologize for the mistake in the title.....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Flip Stick might be a little difficult, but worth a try. Straw up the nose?
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Heavy thick mcdonald straws would be fine for flipstick
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Cornelius, John, "Dartanian's Release", The New York Magic Symposium - The Collection Four by Stephen Minch (The New York Magic Symposium 1985), pp.79-80. A cocktail-garnish sword penetrates a small cocktail straw while its ends are being held by a spectator.

Goodwin, Bill, and Kosby, Ray, "The Camel's Back", The New York Magic Symposium - The Collection Four by Stephen Minch (The New York Magic Symposium 1985), pp.88-91. The paper wrapper is taken from a straw, torn into four pieces, and restored. The restored wrapper is balled up and tapped with the straw causing it to vanish and reappear back on the straw (in an unopened condition!).

Harkey, David, "Spotweld", Simply Harkey by David Harkey (Clandestine Productions 1991), pp.203-205. The performer spotwelds a straw, still sealed in its wrapper, by gently pinching the straw with his fingers. The spectator can examine the wrapper and will find no sign of tampering. When opened, they will find the straw heat fused with the performer's fingerprints visibly seared into the plastic.

Sankey, Jay, "Cut and Restrawed", 100% Sankey by Richard Kaufman (Kaufman and Greenberg 1990), pp.25-26. An ordinary paper-wrapped drinking straw is snipped into two pieces and restored.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
PenguinMagic has a straw effect by David Harkey called The Sizzle. The specs EXAMINE a straw. They CHOOSE a spot on the straw. You RUB on that spot, and the straw starts to MELT. Unwrap the straw and HAND EVERYTHING OUT FOR EXAMINATION!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
From "Magic for Dummies" by David Pogue: "Straw through the Jaw", where a straw penetrates the chin and comes up into the mouth, and "The Astonishing Straw-Wrapper Restoration", where a straw and its wrapper are placed side by side on a napkin, the napkin is rolled up, then unrolled and the straw is back inside its wrapper.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of wally
Does anyone know the drinking straw in mouth which spins. let me know .
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1606 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Magic magazine has a straw production from a paper or plastic cup.
Show the cup empty, and all of a sudden there is a straw.
Richard.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Mike Powers has a great straw effect in Power Plays...

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of wally
Does anyone know the spinning straw in mouth/ from mouth. not where you tape 2 straws together.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with drinking straws? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL