The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with drinking straws? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Here is an old gag. You cut off a piece of straw and place it in your mouth. You take another full straw and you pretend to stick it through under your chin into your mouth. Straighten the piece in your mouth so it lines up with the chin straw and it looks like the straw was shoved through. Be careful around children as they will try to do it (same as straw through ear).
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
Garcia has a routine with a straw and a bill. Also, he has one where the straw moves up at the finger tips, and then the paper at the tip jumps off the straw by itself.
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
Sagar
View Profile
New user
India
36 Posts

Profile of Sagar
There is a splitting straw effect in "G's." Corner Project Dvds, by SMProductionz.
There is one force I can always - ALWAYS - rely on - gravity.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
The Psycho Straw by Phanthomas is a great mentalism effect.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Michael Close has a neat little effect with a straw and a shoelace in one of the Workers books (can't remember which one) It's nice, and the two could be borrowed as there's no preparation.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Blow a sponge ball thru a straw
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-08-09 11:11, vinsmagic wrote:
Blow a sponge ball thru a straw

There is a sponge routine called the "Gobefores" from Frank Balzerak which can be found out the World's Greatest Magic - Sponge Balls DVD. Sponges coming from the straw are a part of that routine and it is really quite commercial. Why am I mentioning a sponge routine in a thread for soda straw magic? Because in this case, the straw is part of the effect, and although it is not the main focus of the effect, it does get used and it makes sense.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Self Bending Straw by Max Adlercreutz, on the 21 DVD. This is the DVD of Swedish magicians. Looks very cool.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
A few things I remember using straws.

1. Void by Daniel Garcia. A straw penetrates a bill 3 times. Very clever method for all, but especially the third.
2. Organic by Dan and Dave Buck. Published in their book "Organic" Your hand is ran along an unopened straw and the rapper disappears and reappears in the straw. Very very simple.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with drinking straws? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL