The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Oct. 31 Houdini Tribute Escapes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
Is anyone else out there doing some escapes in tribute today?

Personally, I couldn't help but do a straitjacket escape at the law school today.
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Ya I was planning on one tonight, but I was so bussy with work, I never got around to advertising or anyhting of the sort, except for face book. So I will be doing some magic, if I get a nice crowd from that I might go ahead and do the escape. If not I will save it for later.
Russell_LA
View Profile
Regular user
Van Nuys, CA
101 Posts

Profile of Russell_LA
Good going, Doc! That's the spirit!

Personally, I just managed to escape my job (which on that day felt like a straitjacket) after a thirteen hour struggle.

So much for my Halloween, next year I'll have to plan a little better!

;-)

Keep up the good work.
"You cannot kill the boogeyman."
- Halloween
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
It wasn't Halloween, but the Sunday before Halloween, I watched a performance of magic and escapes. The fellow closed the show with a very interesting rope tie and then a device I had never seen before. Some sort of clear plastic box that fit over his head and locked in place. The box steamed up almost immediately and I could no longer see his face. He was also handcuffed behind his back. His assistant stood by as a time-keeper counting down from 60 seconds or it might have been 90 seconds. At any rate, it was very unique and a thrilling exhibition. I spoke with them afterwards, a very nice couple.
Harold White
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Mr. White,
If that was in Virginia, then it was me. A lot of folks came up afterwards to buy posters and DVDs and say hi. Wish you had introduced yourself.

We had a great time. The audience for the show was just incredible. The closing routine was the first time we presented it before an audience. And yes, it sure did fog up very fast. Denise and I were both surprised at how quickly it filled up with condensation, but the effect was great.

The rope tie was our rendition of Steve Baker's Tug of War Rope Tie, used with his blessing. A side note, once the show was over, we packed up and flew to Chicago that night for a TV deal the next afternoon in which we also used the Air Tight Acrylic Cube Escape.

Carnegie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Oct. 31 Houdini Tribute Escapes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL