We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Indecent by Wayne Houchin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Theoriginalman, Are you refering to the Tabled revelation version? Hmm didn't think about it much. Really, a Deal Sealer?
Ed Garcia
View Profile
New user
Lindenhurst, IL
35 Posts

Profile of Ed Garcia
Since getting back into performing magic, I've never had an impromptu effect garner as much reaction as Indecent. It has quickly become a favorite among those I've shown it to.

The simplicity of the method and the reactions have made this one of my favorite effects to perform.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
This is a great effect. Could be done close-up, parlor and even stage. Simple, direct. You don't even have to talk!
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17177 Posts

Profile of joseph
Agreed....This can easily be the trick of 2006.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Just received Indecent via the holidays (the first half of that sentence looked very similiar to the one I posted over in "Greed" for those of you who just thought dejavu). This is probably the strongest impromptu effect I've ever seen. I performed it twice todays on some extremely close friends just to test the reactions and its no joke. It doesn't even deserve to be called impromptu - this is the kind of effect that is usually only accomplished with extensive gimmicks and setup. Kudos to Wayne for such a great effect and detailed dvd to cover every little detail of the routine. I am not disappointed in the method at all. As someone has already pointed out here, why should the magician care whether or not it was in the bag? It is in the bag to the spectator no matter what you see, and the handling of the "clean up" is absolutely perfect. There can be no doubt that the card was in the bag when the magic happened. I love it!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3087 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yes I agree this may be 1 of the best tricks of the year I have floored people with this . A magician fooling the wife now you know it's good she went for the bag thinking a slit in the bag NO everything can be examined Excellent effect !
B0bbY_CaT
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of B0bbY_CaT
Consistant with Sinful's powerful impromptu impact, Indecent is fantastic. as has been stated:
yes the bag and the cards can be borrowed
yes the bag and the cards can be inspected before
yes the bag and the cards can be inspected after

clean up? 2 seconds
angle sensitive? only mildly and easy to overcome
ease of peforming? (1 = super easy/5 = very difficult) with a little practice, a 1 - 1.5
impact on specs? extremely powerful
reset? after a 2 second clean up, immediately ready to go again (although not recommended)
value? 1 trick for $25... but a very powerful trick you will do repeatedly

overall, extremely well explained by Wayne Houchin. very clear instructions and heaps of helpful tips.
9/10.
rippedandrestored35
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of rippedandrestored35
AS sadi before this is a great impromptu trick. I like to do it alot.
metal213
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of metal213
Wen I do it the card comes off the bag any tips
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-01-07 15:45, metal213 wrote:

Jeff Richards has a great suggestion if you scroll up a bit..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
Quote:
On 2007-01-07 15:45, metal213 wrote:

Use more (you should know what this means) and/or wait a few extra moments before picking up the bag.

I'm pretty much in agreement with most people that this one packs a nice bang relative to how simple it is to perform.
My only complaint about the DVD is that the method taught to control the card seemed needlessly complicated and unnecessarily risky.
thecogito
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of thecogito
This is a great effect and well worth every penny!!!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-02-10 12:57, thecogito wrote:
This is a great effect and well worth every penny!!!

So far, that's the majority of opinion! Smile
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
INDECENT DVD :: Reno Outtake
Greetings!

I just posted an outtake from the INDECENT DVD on You Tube - I thought you guys might enjoy it. It ended up getting cut from the DVD because of audio problems, but the reaction was GREAT! It just keeps going... and going... and going... If you are interested, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7YkF8WOYns

I'll talk to you guys soon!

Wayne Houchin
http://www.waynehouchin.com
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
NICE OUTAKE....good reactions...

anyhoo, just wanted to say that this effect K I L L S.....LOVE IT...great job bro...been doing it all day, from the moment I watched your tutorial...........
Intuition
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Intuition
The first time I saw the demo I thought Indecent could be a great alternative to any 'Card Through Window' effect.
Tiramisu
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Tiramisu
Indecent is what got me started into magic and is worth every penny. I have since purchased several of Wayne's DVD's and I cannot wait for his next release. My favorite routine is his rendition of the Paul Harris classic The Invisible Palm which I am learning now. Not an easy trick for the beginner but it has been fun learning several card controls.

Thanks to Wayne my wife is always ****ed at me for all the dough I have been blowing on magic books, dvd's, cards, coins, gimmicks...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, in Lee Asher's "Witness" there chosen card is IN the bag and they can remove it.

If you follow thta with Wayne's effect where the card is signed, they will already beleive that you can get the card in the bag. They won't doubt it and you can remove the signed card.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2007-03-05 00:44, Tiramisu wrote:
My favorite routine is his rendition of the Paul Harris classic The Invisible Palm which I am learning now. Not an easy trick for the beginner but it has been fun learning several card controls.

Did he release his handiling? I saw it a while back on his site but was not aware of a release.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-02-17 01:31, W:H wrote:
INDECENT DVD :: Reno Outtake
Greetings!

I just posted an outtake from the INDECENT DVD on You Tube - I thought you guys might enjoy it. It ended up getting cut from the DVD because of audio problems, but the reaction was GREAT! It just keeps going... and going... and going... If you are interested, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7YkF8WOYns

I'll talk to you guys soon!

Wayne Houchin
http://www.waynehouchin.com

Wow, thanks for sharing the Reno Outtake! Her outcry of disbelief really made my smile - Indecent is that potent. People asked me about Indecent months later and said that's impossible..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Indecent by Wayne Houchin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL