The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » How long would it take? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fanwun
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of fanwun
I'm doing some research on dove magic. I'm in the process, thanks to what I've already read here, of learning how to care for doves. It's clear that I have to be knowledgeable of that before buying a dove, let alone creating a routine. I've always been interested in it, but I'm not completely sure if it's something I want to keep doing.

In any event, I'm getting married next June. I want to produce a dove for the wife-to-be. Is it feasible for me to get everything I need, train the dove and create a mini routine in that time frame? I don't want to rush things and give a haphazard performance, so what should I do?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4959 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Fanwun, first, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Dove training will usually take at least 6 weeks. If you're serious about doing dove magic, then get some of the vids suggested through out this forum. Tony Clark, Andy Amyx and Greg Frewin are all excellent resources. After viewing those vids, you should be able to determine if dove magic is what you really to do. Be sure it is before you get a dove. Don't get one if you are only going to do that one effect for your future wife. Dove magic is time consuming and takes a committment. If you decide that dove magic isn't for you, you could always hire a magician to do the effect for you. That of course depends on where you want to have the effect performed.

To actually answer your question though. Yes, between now and next June, you have plenty of time to get everything you need, train a dove and develope a routine.
Where the magic begins
fanwun
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of fanwun
Thanks Dave! I am seriously considering getting into dove magic. It's one of the things that got me interested in magic as a child. I attended an ICE McDonald lecture, seen both Gen Grant and you perform at Bob Little's and I've seen Ice and Puck perform. Seeing all of you perform was really inspiring as each of you have a unique style of performance. The lecture that I attended with Ice was quite informative. It wasn't his dove lecture, but he went over a few steals and displayed a few of his harnesses. Unfortunately, he didn't go into dove care and things of that nature.

My next step is to get some of those DVD's that have been recommended. I also found some great resources for learning how to care for doves while searching these threads! I'll be back here and there to keep everybody, including myself, posted on my progress. Until then... it's off to studying and research.

Thanks again Dave!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4959 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Great. If you're going to Bob's in a few weeks, be sure to stop me and say hello.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » How long would it take? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL