The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Night into day. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
In the Bizarre forum I posted a daydream effect in the 'Sword fighting in magic' thread. There's quite a long story involved, so please feel free to look it up, but basically, it's alfresco bizarre theatre centred around the story of two soulmates, reincarnated through history, always parting. Anyway, after a broadsword fight with an invisible opponent, lots of clangs and sparks, and an asrah vanish in the middle of a moor, we'd go back to a farmhouse, where another story about these star crossed lovers would be played out.

At the end of the dark evening, with the audience crowding the kitchen, suddenly it would be DAYLIGHT outside, as viewed through the window. The garden would NOT be lit up, it would be DAYLIGHT. And if this were not weird enough, if it was summer in real life the daylight garden would be now an ice palace dream, and if winter, the garden would be full of summer blooms.

At the end of the garden, gesturing to me is the beloved of the stories, and as I started to sob the audience would realise that I WAS the other unhappy soul. Just as suddenly, it would be night outside again. And my beloved gone once more. It seems a poetic way to express the awful separation.

Now I've thought of using screens and projection, but any other ideas?

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Diarama? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Night into day. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL