The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » "Bottle Production" by Johnny Ace Palmer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HDMAGIC
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of HDMAGIC
I have always liked the "Coin in the bottle. I have performed some version of this effect most of my life in magic. I guess the more contemparary version of this effect is the "Cap in Bottle" In any case, I would like to now produce the bottle, rather than just taking it out of my jacket pocket. I have been told that Johnny Ace Palmer has a very good "Bottle Opener and Bottle Production" from a scarf. I have never seen this. I have also heard, but never seen a bottle production called "Splash Bottle Production. I'm looking for a very visual bottle production with a reset that allows me to do it on the run. I do not want to have to vanish into a room or somewhere to reset. I would like to hear from all of you with your thoughts on this. Any and all help is very much appreciated. I might add that the bottle that I use is not a very large bottle, but rather on the small side. It stands about 7" tall and about 21/4" across.

Thanks for all your help.

HD
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Hi HD,

Try the new David Stone DVD. He shows TWO bottle productions which are ideal for walk around magic. The first (actually a glass of beer produtcion) is easy to reset ect and could easily be adapted to use a small bottle such as coke etc. The second is a wine bottle production. This is really cool as the spectator thinks you are performing a coin trick using a large silk. When you producde the bottle its a real eye popper. I think there is a demo on his website for the wine bottle production. The only other prop required besides the silk is a servant (I think that's what its called) for holding out the wine bottle.

Chris
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
I don't know where to find Johnny's bottle production, but I can tell you it is a very good effect. It's amazing to watch him perform.
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
HDMAGIC
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of HDMAGIC
Yes, I know. I have been pm'd several times indicating that Johnny's production is very good. I wonder if its for his own use, or if its available for purchase. Anyone know?

HD
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Johnny ace palmers bottle production is on the first tape of his Trilogy of magic. NOT on the second one as some ads say!! I ordered the second one just for this production only to find that the bottle production was not on it.

Also on his website there is a democlip of Johnny doing his bottle production.
The gimmick you need for the david stone bottle production is called the Splash bottle and is available from any magic dealer. This is an amazing gimmick which makes the production very easy, either from a silk or from a baloon. The misdirection is perfect.

The bottle from balloon prodoction is on the dvd David Stoe live at FFFF. I prefer the handling with silk and I'm gonna use this effect in conjunction with a silk production at the beginning of my stand up act.

also Fabric manipulation sells a gimmick to produce a small open bottle. This gimmick is called the beer bottle gizmo.

Hope this helps
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
I don't own one "yet" but Kozak sells one as well.

JIM
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Jim,
I sent you a pm.
Patrick
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Get Splash bottle. You can use this for production from balloon, lunch bag, silk & so on.

I use it to produce a balloon pump.
lucas
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Canada
30 Posts

Profile of lucas
You can see Johnny Ace Palmer's production at:
http://www.johnnyacepalmer.com/pages/video.html
Lucas Kavanagh
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Michael Ammar has a bottle production using the topit (See his Magic Castle lecture DVD). That method has the benefit of also vanishing the bottle at the end and is resetting (a must if you're doing this table hopping.)

I also saw the Bob Read bottle production in a Merlin Lecture this summer. He said the source was out of print, but I believe it's on a Jeff McBride DVD somewhere.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Did he just dump a card that had been "in his shoe" on their dining table? Oh lord forgive all us boorish performers.

Quote:
On 2006-12-02 00:07, lucas wrote:
You can see Johnny Ace Palmer's production at:
http://www.johnnyacepalmer.com/pages/video.html
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I like the david stone version
only thing is
if you are strolling, what do you do with the bottle?
I couldn't use it as a closer as I would not be able to keep it hidden during the other tricks, due to specs going to my pockets to get cards etc...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just put it back where you stole it from.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Quote:
On 2006-11-02 19:31, HDMAGIC wrote:
Yes, I know. I have been pm'd several times indicating that Johnny's production is very good. I wonder if its for his own use, or if its available for purchase. Anyone know?

HD

LOL..."It's a classic," There is no gimmick and the concept has been around for close to 100 years. You can find it in one of the Tarbell books and I think it's also in T.Nelson Downs The Art of Magic or the Stein & Day Book...I have known Johnny for a long time and we have even worked together. And I have been with him in the Close up Gallery after one of his performances’ at the Magic Castel. And I have watched him reset and reload his entire act a bunch of times. And when I saw the Bottle reload for the first time, I said, "Are you Kidding me...is that it" and he looked and laughed and said "That's it...Tarbell Course." You can email Johnny on his site and ask him, he is one of the most generous and giving of men you will ever come across. I'd bet the "farm" he will tell where to find it for sure, if he dose not explain to you first.

Later
RJ

PS

I was laughing because I remember the night I saw him reset the bottle and it was too funny.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
So you are seriously sayng just pop it back in the holder in front of everyone, and make a joke of it????????????
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
NO... not a joke... you would turn away, do something to misdirect. Think about it. You could be putting something else away with the bottle in your hand, and after all it is going INSIDE your jacket.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
In Carneycopia, John has a coin in bottle routine that starts with a bottle production.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Quote:
On 2007-01-15 19:10, Pete Biro wrote:
NO... not a joke... you would turn away, do something to misdirect. Think about it. You could be putting something else away with the bottle in your hand, and after all it is going INSIDE your jacket.

Perfect motivation...dont worry they are lay folk. And if you are worried let them see you put it somewhere the causes them to think, "How in the heck did that guy get that bottle out from under his pant leg and out of his sock so friggin quick..."

Here are my methods for dealing with a produced bottle I use in my nightclub/sushi bar type restaurants. And can be adapted to almost any strolling environment. I am just going to give an outline. The effects are not mine but the motivation, set-ups and methodology are mine. And I have spent a lot of time and effort coming up with these plots. This is also the perfect place to share a little bit…so here goes.

1.Produce the bottle (In my case it was usually a long neck beer bottle green or brown)

2.Open the bottle and take a swig (The Bottle has been refilled with club soda, 7-UP or even water, if using water it’s a good idea to have half and Alka-Seltzer palmed and drop it into the water, This gives the sleight effect or beer foam also a good idea to mimic the “pssssst” sound while twisting the cap off if using water)

3.After taking a second swig go to set the bottle down on the table (This is not a problem if everyone at the table is drinking and having a good time.) I may even encourage a toast. (Good icebreaker and helps confirm the bottle you just produced is real and as far as they know you are drinking beer and having a “good’ol” time too. a huge physiological advantage)

4.I go into my routine and all the while toasting and sipping on my club soda or water which ever it is.

5. I close with either L. Jennings’ card to bottle or D. Roth’s coin in bottle. Both effects get a huge reaction, but the coin in bottle is just a bit stronger because there is more magic happening. I have come up with a method for setting up the bottle and making it perfectly safe to drink from. If you are not familiar with the Roths’ coin in bottle, I would strongly encourage anyone who works bar/nightclub style restaurants’ you to study this routine. It is a knock’em out effect.

Benifits
•I have both effects ready (Only do 1 at a given table) sometime a 3rd effect. See below.
•Its 2 different bottles (I use a brown bottle for the card and a green for the coin)
•Each one resets in a matter of seconds.
•I don’t worry about what to do with the bottle. If it’s the card I let them keep it.
•If it’s the coin, I have several outs. I prefer not to share at this time.

Some things to consider are:
•If you are working in a family establishment switch the beer bottles for something like Perrier Water Bottle (Kevin James has a killer coin in bottle using Perrier bottle) you can also set it up for the Roth routine.
•Both of these routines are perfect closers and the James routine resets.
•I use the James coin in bottle when I have done the Roth version for a group that may be sitting close by and watching to see what I do. Change it up a bit…Keep’ em guessing…and stay’in Sleightly Dangerous…

Things to study:
•David Roth’s Coin-in Bottle inside out. (Philly Lecture)
•Larry Jennings card in bottle (The Classic magic of L. Jennings)
•Kevin James coin in bottle (Not sure where to find this…Kevin taught it to me back in 1983)

Good luck I hope this was helpful and you can get something from it. And if you do just remember where your got it….wink

Later & Out

RJ
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
There is an etire artical in genii about Bob Reads Bottle Production. When I get home tonight ill post the issue, unless someone else finds it first.

The artical is very informative and also talks about the psyc behind the effect.
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » "Bottle Production" by Johnny Ace Palmer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL