The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Crystal Vision - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
You never cease to amaze me Ustaad,with your encyclopedic knowledge.

The routine you described is very nice.I think you are correct about the 'form of the prop' being better and less known.

Another thing that amazes me is your new avatar...You actually look the same today as you did back in 2003. Smile

Best.
Rich
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Rich, I highly appreciate the kind words. Thank you so much!

Glad you liked the Magna Doodle method & routine.

With warm regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
My "Killer A.P.P.S. PAD from several years back:

http://www.mindmagic.myfoolmoon.com/contact.html
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
The Doctor,

No offence taken friend. Although I'm interested to know if you have actually used/examined Crystal Vision before the review, as you mention the use of a TT which is not an item used with Crystal Vision and indeed would give you very bad results. Not having a go at you here, but would just not like customers to think they are getting a TT with the pack ( important to mention this after the PKmagic mention of 'printed' rather than 'written' caused confusion, so I hope you understand why I highlight this point.

Mindhunter,

Really like the look of your pad. Does something HAVE to be written down by the spectator or magician for it to work or can the pad just be held and the worlds or numbers appear like Crystal Vision?
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
Just received this in the post today and thought I would add my two pennith. Like others on initial inspection you may feel a little disappointed with what you get.
This is such the thing with magical items as we all know this and hence this item could end up in your bottom draw, if you don't apply theatricality to it.You need an angle to your presentation. A straight foward prediction just doesn't quite match with the revelation appearance,it needs a context, because of its overall eerie feel to it.The idea of thought assimilation by the crystal is on the right lines as mentioned in previous posts, or seance type reveal would work. It doesn't really look like a prediction that you would make before a show etc. Nevertheless do not dismiss it because of this.The method is effective and flexible. How powerful this is to you, depends on you, like anything in magic!

Hope this helps

mike
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
I'm not saying that a gimmicked TT is used specifically merely that that was the method that myself and others have used in the past. The simple and broader fact is, this film is written on using a gimmick. Where it is hidden is irrelevant. The clarity of it and the problems with the medium itself render the device next to useless except for certain applications, predictions NOT being one of them.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
O.K. so maybe it's not your standard "office supply store prediction" but if you think out of the box a bit there definately are applications.

I'm now referring to it as my"Ectoplasmic signature card".

Perfect for a kicker to a "Living and Dead test" and really nice if you combine it with Ghost Vision and Sinister or Homicide.

The "victim" or the killers initials appear on the card. Or even the year they were
murdered.

Maybe not for everyone, but if you want to do a seance or you want to show that their dead uncle is in the room...

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2006-11-07 05:00, Dominic Reyes wrote:

Mindhunter,

Really like the look of your pad. Does something HAVE to be written down by the spectator or magician for it to work or can the pad just be held and the worlds or numbers appear like Crystal Vision?

Thanks. No, nothing had to be written down with the APPS Pad. The writing appeared on the "index card" inside the leather wallet, that was still new in the packaging, and was further secured inside an addressed, sealed, envelope.

I see the methods are very similar but use a different medium.

Good luck with your product!

Bryn
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Mindhunter,

Oh I see. When looking at the image of the APPS enlarged, I thought it looked like the magma doodle method.

The Doctor,

I've added a few more pics to the site, so you can see that it is indeed effective for written text. I agree with you though that using a TT would be very poor, probably why its been abandoned in past methods. I think the point is that it does not have to look like ink on paper within the context of an actual presentation. Most of the feedback we have had reports that the green' glow is very 'magicial' and fits well with the presentations it is framed within.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-11-08 03:44, Dominic Reyes wrote:
. . . the green' glow is very 'magicial' and fits well with the presentations it is framed within.

So true Dominic! Also in conjunction to this, one might like to give a second read to Roth's post, three posts above this. Good thinking Roth!

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
I just received Crystal Vision.

I purchased a few effects lately that left me with buyer's remorse.

...But I really like Crystal Vision!!

The description for Crystal Vision is accurate. No bold or illogical moves. And the writing appears exactly how I INITIALLY thought it would; Creepy.

I WILL be using this.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2006-11-10 14:48, Kevvy wrote:

I just received Crystal Vision.

I purchased a few effects lately that left me with buyer's remorse.

...But I really like Crystal Vision!!

The description for Crystal Vision is accurate. No bold or illogical moves. And the writing appears exactly how I INITIALLY thought it would; Creepy.

I WILL be using this.

I also recieved it and will be posting a presentation on my product forum that utilizes CV with Sinister.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Mine's for sale ($35) if anyone wants it. As advertised but not my style.

eric
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2006-11-10 15:17, Roth wrote:

I also recieved it and will be posting a presentation on my product forum that utilizes CV with Sinister.

Rick

This also enhances the presentation for Homicide. The victim's name could be revealed this way.

Looking forward to working with this and Sinister.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
The more I work with Crystal Vision, the more I like it.

It is sooooooooooooo good.

Here is an idea; Place the card inside the envelope that is included with the effect....

And put that envelope inside a slightly larger envelope.

I realize this isn't necessary, but I like this extra bit of impossibility.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
Mindhunter,

Oh I see. When looking at the image of the APPS enlarged, I thought it looked like the magna doodle method.

If so, it’s a combination of THIS & THIS.

Smile
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2006-11-12 08:41, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
Mindhunter,

Oh I see. When looking at the image of the APPS enlarged, I thought it looked like the magma doodle method.

If so, it’s a combination of THIS & THIS.

Ustaad: I respectfully submit that your above two links border a little too much on exposure. I had been making my A.P.P.S. Pads almost as long as the "technology" has been out and have been selling them on my site for a few years. However, I'm not griping about MY product being exposed (heck, I'll even tell anyone how to make up an A.P.P.S. Pad if they want...about $15 and an hours work will do the trick.) I'm no longer making these for sale anymore and have no dog in this. However, others still do, obviously. A couple have been mentioned above, El Duco & John Cornelius have versions, etc.

Crystal Vision seems to be another good variation in a nice manageable (pocket/wallet) size and is one I plan on purchasing, and soon. I have a couple of ideas for this and will be PMing Dominic to see if they are viable and worthy of expanding upon.

Knowing the modus of Crystal Vision, I can say there is a LOT of room for creativity here and I look forward to working with it. Below is an old review of my A.P.P.S. Pad and as most everything said can easily be done with Crystal Vision I don't mind him using it for his product, and I wish him a lot of luck with it!:

[quote] braveneil wrote:
My usage and experience of APPS Pad (Anything Prediction Pad System)

If almost any prediction is possible, then how about a headline prediction? So I decided to try it out first by mailing the pad in an envelope to the manager of a restaurant where I frequently performed at. In that actual performance, I requested for the mailed packet followed by asking one of the staff for that day newspaper. While the attention is fully on that staff looking for the newspaper, I have a great deal of time to write my prediction down.

When the newspaper is brought forth, I asked her to read to the rest of what the headline news was about. It says "Singapore's Temasek buys 5% of Telekom Malaysia". I signal the manager to come forth. At this point I hand the entire envelope to him to open it up, within it wasa bi-fold card(greeting card), and clasp within it was a pad(can't tell you what it actually look and feel like). On it was written "5% Telekom". Of course, protest came in saying that it wasn't complete. Well, my response was that the words "5% Telekom" came to me in a quick flash during a meditation session of mine. Period.

Common method of headline prediction involves a switch or load, and some byplay. This pad allows you to do a last minute writing together with some misdirection. Very simplistic in handling. The method is pretty genius indeed. But due to the surface area limitation of the gimmick pad and the gimmick that is used to write the message, I can't write too many words, else they will be illegible. That is the only gripes. But heck! The pad can still be passed around for examination by those who are visionary impaired.

Another performance was at a home gathering in a friend house. This envelope was once again whipped out. I laid it on top of the TV set. It was while in the midst of a friendly chatting I asked four persons among the group to each give me a three digit numbers(i.e. 359), and another person write them down on a piece of paper, do a big scrambling on the numbers and finally total it up. While the totalling is going on, I ask one of them to reach for the envelop and pass it to me. Once the total is derived, the numbers are then read out. No sweat for me to write it down, I simply delay the person during reading by saying, "what? Say again." So that I can catch up in writing without rushing. Hey, I am in control And I will even say, "Repeat the number please." If I still need more time, I will start to tell mother story. Cool, no sweat. I simply pass the envelope to any volunteer to open it up. Of course, I am right and all of them are puzzled.

In fact, two methods of handling and showing the revelation are put forth by Bryn. Those two performances that I did uses only one way of handling, which is also slightly harder than the other method. You can use it to reveal a person car license plate numbers, date of birth of a person or simple drawings. This is extremely useful for last minute writing of a short word or numbers, but not for longer sentences. Practice is definitely needed though.

Truely, no stooges, no carbon, no psychological force. Quite straightforward and relatively ease of use.

I call this the A.P.P.S kit rather than A.P.P.S pad because, I am truly amazed with the effort of the maker and creator of this kit. It is really a whole lot of utilities. It is clearly that Bryn is all out to help and bless those who buy it rather than making money out of it. My big thanks to you Bryn.
[/quote
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Mindhunter: The Magna doodle is a well known toy & hence I had very clearly mentioned in one of my above posts suggesting that the CRYSTAL VISION is a much better and less known prop (as compared to Magna Doodle) for such effects. And I quote:-

Quote:
On 2006-11-06 21:40, Ustaad wrote:

However the props used in Crystal Vision is not known to most people & it is a GOOD prediction tool especially when in laminated form. . . .

. . . .This is a good effect worth considering. Imagination will be the only limit when using such props (tools).

You might kindly like to refer the topic - Magna Doodle CHALLENGE!!!

Peace!

Regards,

Smile
P.S. I liked the !DEAs/ methods (real world performance) by braveneil.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Yep. Nice applications
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Hello.
Thanks for the link. (I missed most of 2005's posts due to a military deployment.)

I do wish I had seen it as I CERTAINLY would have had something to say back then....everyone of the suggestions and concerns are things I addressed in the APPS Pad construction, included special accessories, and accompanying booklet that came with it. The accessories I devised would work well with Crystal Vision and I would be willing to help anyone with them via PM (with Doninic's permission, of course, and some sort of control to ensure you own the effect.)

Again, I certainly have no stake in any exposure at this point since I no longer make many of these but I can't speak for others offering similar products.

And, yes, braveneil certainly came up with some nice idea starters...I'm sure with some thought many could be applied to Crystal Vision!

Bryn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Crystal Vision - Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL