The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Crystal Vision - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hello friend, All that I need to say at this stage:-

Quote:
On 2005-03-04 14:07, Ustaad wrote:

A few incidents have taught me to be ......ure.

. . . it's MAGIC and I leave it there! Smile

Over to - Crystal Vision.

Peace!

With kind regards,

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I believe that when a known technology is enhanced in such a way as to make said method obscure to regular folk's...well then we may have something worth considering.

Ustaad did mention that this(CV)is[I paraphrase]:not recognizable as the original technology.Even Bryn stated that he was going to get this,and yes so will I put my order through.Possible application ideas are disturbing my sleep. Smile

I am sure that there will be further creative entree's down the road using this or similar technology.

Best.

Rich
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
To me the best think about Crystal Vision is that the possibilities are
unlimited. I keep thinking of one idea after another and that is exciting. My sincere thanks to Pieras Fitikides.
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
I bought Crystal Vision for a specific routine I have in mind, and it looks like it's going to work out great.

I like the method and the idea... besides being able to create the prediction even when the card is sealed in packaging, its biggest strength to me is the way the prediction always looks clear, bold and shiny like a hologram, no matter how you apply the principle (compared to the occasional awkward scribble that comes from NW and PW methods.)

The routine in the manual is also pretty foolproof for people who haven't used these kinds of effects before.

There are a few things I didn't like as much:
- The card is advertised as 'poker card sized'. Well, the actual card is, but the lamination protrudes in every direction making the actual handling size bigger.
- The card has a front and a back, but this is hard to discern without using it (creating the risk of your prediction looking, well, weird.)
- It just looks a little cheap in general, a green slate between two cut sheets of lamination (mine is slightly off-kilter too.) I solved this by putting the thing in a black leather picture frame, so it's much better now.
- I don't know how much it costs to produce, but the price seems steep for the materials used (particularly if ordering this oversas.)

That said, I will use this. The end result looks beautifully weird and impossible
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I trimmed the laminating down. I don't reccomend this unless you are very careful and have a good set of scissors.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Everyone at the Café has been very helpful to me, and while I don't post often It is only because I don't always have something worthwhile to say. Hopefully this is worthwhile. My routine with the CV is very different..I believe. I briefly try to explain to the spectators what a "spirit" is. And also say that sometimes spirits like to communicate with us but can only do it in writing. When we see some writing how can we be sure that it was written by a spirit? Simple! Spirit writing can only be properly seen by holding it up to a mirror,which I have available at the time. With the CV in an envelope, my fingers on the front facing the spectators, my thumbs on the rear, enabling the "spirit" to write on the "back" of the card. When the card is removed the writing will not be able to be read without holding it up to the mirror. It works best with words instead of numbers. There is no possible explanation for this. Hope that this has been helpful to someone.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-11-25 12:57, BERMINI wrote:
I briefly try to explain to the spectators what a "spirit" is. And also say that sometimes spirits like to communicate with us but can only do it in writing.

When we see some writing how can we be sure that it was written by a spirit? Simple! Spirit writing can only be properly seen by holding it up to a mirror.

When the card is removed the writing will not be able to be read without holding it up to the mirror.

It works best with words instead of numbers.

Good !DEA. I have given it a try and it works GREAT!!

Thank you for sharing, BERMINI!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Accidently discovered something that may prove useful to someone. I have a 12"x9"
magnetic dry erasure board that I picked-up at K-Mart. Trying to figure out something different for CV my g*****k stuck to the board, enabling me to keep it unattached until needed. Thus hands can be shown clean just before touching the board. I then attached the CV envelope to the board with another magnet that comes with the board. After some by-play (spirit writing) I then set the board down as though nothing has happened yet. My hands can again be exposed as they are empty and then go into a presntation of spirit writing as mentioned above.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I just check the photo, it seems Crystal Vision use the same material as Card Attact. Anybody know about this ?
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I just got mine yesterday, it is indeed same material as been using in CARD ATTACT, except Crystal Vision is coming with little gizmo which make the trick has more wide range application.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I've just stumbled across this...
are people still using it, or is it in the drawer?
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Anyone want to sell theirs?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
May I suggest that you cut the card down in size a bit. You can see where the laminator has stuck around the card, cut about 1 mm away from that, then cut off the corners. It now looks much better, yes. Now just go find a 'Bob Kohler' Black Envelope and you are all set. Bring on the ghosties !!
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I think Vision Supreme has better laminated paper than Crystal Vision. Both came from the same creator.

I'm just wondering if someone has Vision Supreme?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Has anyone performed this with a spectator questioning the gimmick?

Regards,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Crystal Vision - Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL