The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Specializing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blue_Bike
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Blue_Bike
Hello all,

I am a relatively new "Card Shark" and was wondering if I could get some of your thoughts and opinions on which moves would be good to focus on.

I am able to do some basic stacking, false cuts, second dealing, glimpses, base dealing, etc. Altough I can perform most of the moves at least to some extent I'm going to need a ton of practice before I could use them in any sort of live setting.

I guess what I'm wondering is which moves work synergistically together. For example should I focus on Bottom dealing and false shuffling or second dealing and peaking/glimpsing/marking cards.

Thanks.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Bottom dealing and false shuffling.

I would focus more on getting the moves good than having a lot of them. Most moves at the table are worthless unless there preformed well.

Are you going to be using these in a game or is it just for magic?
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Blue_Bike
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Blue_Bike
I want learn these primarily for use in a game but I will probably end up using them in a magic routine sometime down the road. It doesn't really matter to me though whether or not these moves work for magic.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I would learn stacking first.

For me it was the best way to start since the risk of getting caught is low.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
gump
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gump
In addition to what was mentioned above...

I would learn the rules & strategies of whichever games I was to be playing -- knowing how to play well and beat the game on the square will assist you in making the right moves/plays so you can remain above suspicion and not draw so much heat when you get, uh, lucky.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Quote:
On 2006-11-05 23:16, gump wrote:
In addition to what was mentioned above...

I would learn the rules & strategies of whichever games I was to be playing -- knowing how to play well and beat the game on the square will assist you in making the right moves/plays so you can remain above suspicion and not draw so much heat when you get, uh, lucky.

So true.

Sometimes you cant cheat and don't want/cant leave so you have to play straight.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1901 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I think the first thing you should learn is how to wooop some ass really good...no joke
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Or run really fast. that's my forte
readit
View Profile
New user
jack barrows
1 Post

Profile of readit
Hi guy...for what it's worth. For years, Harry Lorayne has offered some great stuff along the regular card effect line and also some excellent gambling moves. There's also some very good books out on gambling techniques...which you have undoubtedly been exposed too. Guess it really depends on who you are performing for and what you want to accomplish. I've never leaned in the gambling sector much but have always enjoyed watching the presentations by those that do. And there's no question about a person that is proficient in gambling moves, is also very well strengthened in most of the other card effects he uses. Thanks for reading my thoughts, hoped they have helped in some small way. jbincolon@earthlink.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Specializing? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL