The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New book on magic and spirituality (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trickyvicar
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of trickyvicar
Hi all,
It's a long time since I've been on the Café.
I've been working on something and I'm now glad to announce the news of a book, soon to be published by O Books/John Hunt Publishing. It is an attempt to try to combine my two loves (magic and spirituality) from the perspective of priest who is (how shall I say) more liberal/inclusive than what we usaully come across in 'Gospel Magic'. It is called 'The Gospel of Falling Down' (sub title) the beauty of faliure in an age of success, and is (among other things) a critique of the current 'success culture' we live in (especially within the church). It uses many magical effects with stories (without exposing the effects) and takes the reader on a journey which I hope will enable many to discover their own inner gold / inner magic (which is REAL). Though I am a Christian priest it is NOT a book set to influence in a narrow way. It is not an effort to convert, and could be read and made sense of by people of all faiths or none. The truths it proclaims are universal and not tied to one particular religion or ideology.
The reason I am telling the magical fraternity about the book is twofold:
1) I would love to hear what fellow magicians/mentalists make of it, and
2) I do not think I have ever come across a book by a CHRISTIAN member of the Magic Circle (or any other magic community) that comes from the liberal/universalist tradition. My approach (in what I call my 'Magic of the Soul') is to use magic, story, ritual etc. to open folk up to the child-like-wonder they have often forgotten how to experience, and leave them with a deep feeling of connection to something bigger than themselves.
If anyone is interested in checking it out it is already up for pre-order on Amazon.com / co.uk or can be found on the http://www.johnhunt-publishing.com site.
It is to be published very early next year under the title of-
THE GOSPEL OF FALLING DOWN
Many thanks to you all,
Bright blessings,
Mark Townsend
'Bringing Wonder back to Life'
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
326 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café! The book sounds interesting. I will bookmark the website to check out later.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
trickyvicar
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of trickyvicar
Thanks Jeff. Really appreciated.
Mark
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Very intriguing. Sounds like quite the accomplishment actually.

...and welcome to the Café. Smile

Neil
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Welcome to the Café Mark
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Hi Mark,
Welcome to the Café! Your books sounds interesting
trickyvicar
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of trickyvicar
Hi Neil, Hi Mike, Hi Rory,
Well thanks guys for your welcome, and for taking the book seriously.
Means a lot - really it does!
Mark
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Just a note that this book is out now, and available via Amazon. It is great, and I wrote a small little review in the Good News section.

RevJohn
Gary Richards
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Gary Richards
Mark, your title alone is intriguing. Good luck to you, and welcome back to the Café.
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, Lincolnshire, England
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

Welcome to the Magic Café!

Hope to see you around!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)

PS We are both called Mark! lol
http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, all-round entertainer and lover of Christ!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New book on magic and spirituality (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL