The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Three Shell Game! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I have been checking out this city Coberhagon, Denmark.

Today I sore a gang working the three shell game, empty match boxes they were using.

I did not stop for long but long enough to feel the magnetic draw of their presentation. If I did not work this myself, today I am sure I would have been a suker.

As I watched one woman swoped in and banged 1000 croner on obivious empty box. The boxes where shuffled agian and then this guy banged 500 croner on an obivious empty box. Obiviuos because the operater was flashing the one with the rolled up paper in. The whole thing is a work of art, He pointed to me and said have a go just practise.
To which I declined and just walked on. Both pepole that put their money down were part of this gang I could see their look outs at the cornner of the streets. From a distance I wathched them flece cash out of a guy, don't know how much but 5min latter they were gone.

Mario
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
All the streetcons, shells, Monte and Fst & Loose can sure take you in a hurry.

And some of these gangs will roll ya if ya don't wanna play.
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Was this the guy?

Click here
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Nope, but it looks like the same matt.
Mario
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I've seen these guys in Berlin and Budapest. When they were working Berlin, the operator had his left arm in a cast, and he was "accidentally" flashing the ball. His arm had healed by the time he got to Budapest about 8 years later. There are five men in the team. There is the operator, two shills, and two lookouts. They are really smooth.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
You got it Bill, thier was five in total.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Sore these guys again Friday but his time they were out in force, three gangs in total. Sore the guy in your photo as well Dave. That night I teamed up with some buskers and drank the night away. They were telling me some horrow stoires about these guys. One mark refussed to pay up they ended up battering him and then disapeared.

One of the buskers was telling me about how he got on the wroung side of these guys. So they took him to the side and threatened him with a knife.

Their are other stories that they shared and after watching these guys it don't surprise me.

The bottom line is it may look harmless but these guys are real bad news.
Mario
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Mario,
In my time in the Military ( the other MOb) when we were in foreign ports, one of the "commandments" was never leave your wingers behind. A single sailor, soldier or airman in a strange land sticks out like a sore thumb and is more than halfway to being a statistic.

Hanging around watching a Monte gang puts you in exactly the kind of danger you want to avoid. Anybody who thinks these guys won't roll ya has never been to places like old san Juan.

Getting clipped is not my idea of fun...
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks buddy I apprecate your concern, talking about sticking out like a sore thumb I was wearing my kilt. I do no what you mean thoe and I have kept a good distance between me and them. I have to walk pass to get to my pitch, your only a sucker if you get sucked in.
Mario
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I watched these guys take an American fellow, a young guy who was traveling with his wife or fiancee, for about DM 1500. My wife and I were watching them from the window of a tour bus on the Kudamm. I asked my wife if she thought I should go out and tell the fellow there was no way to win. She said, "No, he needs the lesson. It will be cheap in the long run."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I wish I could meet up with those guys. I would be glad to teach them a lesson.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Three Shell Game! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL