The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Darryl Vanumburg's FLY levitation coming soon. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey Guys,

Just saw the demo, and it looked phenomenol.
By far the best levitation above the rest.
Good job Daryl for creating a wonderful piece of art.
Does anyone know the song that is on the demo
I would like to know if anyone has that info

I will be getting this baby soon.
Cant wait....thanks

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
[quote]On 2006-12-01 18:28, Hogle wrote:
Sorry, but I'm not that impressed.
Sure, it's nice but we talk about 1.600 US$!
If you could really levitate, it wouldn't look like that.

Greetings from Germany
[/quote)
Hoogle you are certainly entitled to your opinion, not impressed? Boy I would love to see some video of you performing if in all honesty you did not appreciate what you saw.

I guess that a levitation that makes good on all its promises is not impressive.
Levitate anytime anywhere still not impressed. No get ready, no funny moves, start clean and end clean, float again and again. Still not impressed. Created by a well respected magician Darryl.

Sorry Darryl would never say this but I will. The Magic Man you might of heard of him. I can't say his name but he brought the streets to life. The Magic Man has this levitation and said it is the best levitation on the market. He wished he could do it for a little t.v. show but had already done levitations. Also a certain Angel is interested in doing this.

"It's always fun to read this kind of stuff. :-D
It's not the height, it is the way it looks.
Way to mechanical."

Now I don't believe we are viewing the same demo here. Are you serious? Too mechanical? Please do LSI a favour. What ever levitation you feel that impresses you go out and buy it. Don't tell anyone and please keep it to yourself.
I make my living doing magic and I would have not purchased two of these if it looked mechanical. Now we are just getting crazy.

Blindside I have this levi and I work with a 120 degree angles. I believe that there is an error on the site and I have e-mailed Roy about it. Darryl told me with my custom Nikes it was a 120 but with these new Docs it might be possible but we will wait for Darryl or Roy to clear this up.

This is for the working pro. This is for the passionate magi who can save money. Methas said it well. I bought my first pair and paid for it with in a Month. The second pair I bought was the Docs and the day after I told Darryl make it Fly. I got a gig at the carwash you see on the demo from performing the Fly. They hired me for Christmas promotional work and I paid for my second Fly.

magicmike30
Entertainer
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
On 2006-12-01 20:23, ScottLeavitt wrote:

I'm not a "working professional" but still plan on saving up for this baby. You can ask "is this what I'd look like if I could really fly," and I admit the answer is no -- you'd be soaring over buildings with a red cape on, or at least doing tumblesalts over the audience ala Copperfield. Assuming you don't have real super powers or Copperfield's budget, can't see an "imprompto levitation" looking any better than this. No set-up. No holding a jacket next to your feet. Nice rise followed by rotation. No clean-up. Created by a respected/proven magician...not some unknown kid making a cool youtube video.... Not sure how you could improve on this

Justifying the price for the non-professional? How many of you spend at least this amount each year on gimmicks/books/DVDs that 1) you never use; 2) don't work as promised; or 3) leave your audience thinking "not another coin/card trick." Personally, I'm wiping off my wish list for 2007....sorry Hocus-Pocus! sorry Hank!....and investing in something I KNOW I will use, I KNOW will bring gasps, I KNOW will get children believing in magic...

guess you know where I stand on this....

S

Scott thank you for getting what I have been saying all along. Now I just want to say that this was aimed for the working pro but also anyone who is serious with their magic. I did say this a couple pages back befor the release.

magicmike30
The working pro who wants to add a killer piece of workable magic.
The part-time pro who aspires to do more with magic.
The levitation nut who has to have every levy regardless of what the cost.

So If I told you that for only a mere $50 000 dollars you could FLY like Superman with no wires, tricks or gimmicks. Would that be too much for you? No way I would do what it took to get that 50 grand so I could really Fly like Superman without the tights.
magicmike30

It is funny that you brought up Superman, yes the Fly is a play on words;)
Darryl wanted a bug theme to his magic.

Scott I did not know Darryl from Adam in the past. Just called him up and asked if he consider selling me a Fly? We met and he floated. I handed him over the Cash and the rest is history. Little did I know I would become friends with Darryl and field test his Fly. To be lucky enough to cordinate the Demo and get it done.

So there you have it this is for those who want more and are willing to do what ever it takes to get it. You do have too at least like the idea.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I would just like to remind all that I "have" witnessed this levi in person in Nike,never Doc's (as posted in one of my previous post). It is everything advertised and then some. There is no justifying this levi unless witnessed in a live situation, and even then it goes far beyond just that. I personally talked to Darryl a while back about getting a FLY out to me (after witnessing this miracle), unfortunately at the time he was just a little to busy to meet my request. I am glad to say I am very happy Darryl turned me down at that time, because now I get all the new modifications and extra research that has went into this product. All I can say is I cannot wait another 4 weeks, I am pulling my hair out already just thinking about the opportunities I will be getting with this. I have had this excitement in me ever since seeing this with my own eye's. It is truly an amazing feat of magic that comes along once in a blue moon, can't WAIT!! I feel like a kid on Christmas for the first time since, well , being a kid........'PIZ'
nbps05
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of nbps05
I saw the demo for this and I still think the icarus is worth more bc mainly I guess the icarus you can get much higher and it is a fraction of the price
supratuner1
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of supratuner1
What is everyone's opinion when talking about Nikes VS. the Docs? Lifespan of shoe, parts, presentation, etc...
supratuner1
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of supratuner1
Oops, Docs only. Sorry my mistake!
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Nbps05 First question I would like to ask you is do you own the Icarus?

I do own Icarus and happen to know Aaron too a real nice guy. The Icarus you get some amazing height for sure. Now there is one thing with Icarus that I have tried to modify and Icarus owners will know what I'm talking about. I feel there is a chance of being caught if you are not spot on with your magic. the main thing is to remain in control.

That said the Fly is Stealth. What you did not see in the demo was a guy at the mall basically Pat Darryl down like he was being arrested by the police. He was looking at the back of Darryls legs, asked to see the bottom of his shoes. Then just started to freak out. He could not describe what he experienced?

So I agree and have stated in the past this won't be for everyone due to different factors.

That's whats great about magic we have so much choice.
Sometimes it is good and sometimes it ends up the junk drawer.

magicmike30
Entertainer
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
No worries Supratuner1. The Fly is only available in the Docs right now. I was very fortunate to get a custom pair of Nikes. When I made some suggestions to Darryl after field testing this he was like o.k. Then I see his new shoes the Docs and I was so impressed, yes that would be very impressed with them I had to have them.

magicmike30
Entertainer
myc0re
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of myc0re
Okay, I really like the way device is done. And whole levitation procedure itself.
You can be surrounded and so on, that's all great.
But,
What if somebody will have a cigarette in their mouth and after watching you lifting off the ground, let say "suddenly" drop it, eventually near you.
What if you will perform, already having an audience being "disarmed" of any fire usage. Then someone will just invite somebody screaming ahead and the person one again comes/runs to you with a cigar/cigarette.
Well, I won't explain what would happen with these two things such as fire and device would mess around with themselves.

Still, concept is made to be perfect for "magic to happen" due your "holy powers"
You can impress people by doing simple Balducci, and if you really up to performing and acting it will totally cover your "invisible toes", but real name - no gimmicks. You can now understand my stance about other "preorganized" levitations, such as "king's rising" or CA's.

My only one question is - Do you Really need to perform amazing levitation just because to show that You can Do it?
Rising up a few inches, when somebody from your audience would seen Copperfield flying above his head, that would remind "a magic ahead"

Darryl is a great inventor nowadays and I would give him a big credit for making magic society to act differently to illusions. That reminds me of "Black Widow" device, which is awesome invention.
Personally, I recommend you buying it rather "levitating" few inches off the ground.

P.S. If there would be ana1ogy of "Black Widow" gimmick with no sleeves involved, I would definitely recommend it to buy. But for now, just know, that real sleight of hand art will never obsolete versus mechanical props.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
MYCORE: OK, what was the purpose of that post. Cigarettes, Balducci,cigars,fire, running!??!!?? I think what you are trying to say is that you don't have the money for this!! I am all for Balducci levi, nothing wrong with that, totally impromptu, David Blaine performed this levi on a TV special back in the stone age. Actually not to long ago I had this 12 year old kid come up to me and show me this levi (Balducci) at one of my gigs, he did a good job of it, I was really proud of the little feller. Well, I will tell you one thing brother, when I have children coming up to me at my gigs showing me levitation's that I use-to perform, for me, this is a time for change. I want a levitation that I can be certain will not be shown to me by anyone other then my-self, no 12, 14, 16 year olds coming up to me showing me what Mommy just bought them for Christmas, No daddy thinking he's cool with his Criss Angel levi. In fact when I had my Criss Angel levi for sale on e-bay back in August, do you want to know who bought it off me?? A mommy for her 'son', honest to him above. I want a levitation that is practical, I want an anywhere, anytime levitation that can be performed at a moments notice. I want to be able to levitate upon the request of the client. Lets see, I believe I have just purchased this sort of levi, and it goes by the name of FLY. I think you act like you know more about this levitation then you actually do (no offence)......'PIZ
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
It's not the fact that you start clean and end clean. It is also not the fact that you don't need much preparation.
It's the fact, that in my opinion (!!!) this levitation doesn't look real and natural. My idea of a levitation is different from yours. It's that simple.

Greetings from Germany
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Hogle: I have seen this levitation performed in a room full of magicians. I can promise you that not one of them magicians thought at the time that this levi looked even close to mechanical , fake , or unnatural. In-fact is was the exact opposite, there was nothing but praise going on in that hall. Like Mike already said, a certain someone by the name of "Magic Man" (from the streets) has already claimed FLY as the greatest levi he has ever witnessed and also purchased. Until you have witnessed this levi for yourself there is nothing more to say......'PIZ'

Greetings from Uzbekistan
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
OK I am convinced now.
It's the greatest Levi I have ever seen.
Where can I preoder it? ;-)
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Hogle: That's the spirit. Go to http://www.axproductions.tk/, you can preorder there. Take care.....'PIZ'
LWright
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
146 Posts

Profile of LWright
Maybe in real life it's better...hopefully

I think that it still looks mechanical though(in the video)..it definitely doesn't look 'smooth' anyway. It's cool that you can rotate..but still..levitating for real wouldn't look like this, it would look like the 'Lighter than air' video that's on youtube, and that's for 50 dollars. Albeit there's a good bit of preperation and gimmickness about it...and that's where F.L.Y shines through.

I don't think how good this effect looks justifies it's price. I think the work that has gone into it and the craftmanship does but..that's all. Sorry =/
Maybe I just don't have a passion for self levi's.
-Lloyd Wright
"Take what you take, give what you give, just be what you want just as long as it's real.."
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Quote:
On 2006-12-02 06:51, ShallowVision wrote:

I think that it still looks mechanical though(in the video)..it definitely doesn't look 'smooth' anyway. It's cool that you can rotate..but still..levitating for real wouldn't look like this,

I totally agree!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
[quote]On 2006-12-01 23:51, magicmike30 wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-01 18:28, Hogle wrote:
Sorry, but I'm not that impressed.
Sure, it's nice but we talk about 1.600 US$!
If you could really levitate, it wouldn't look like that.

Greetings from Germany
[/quote)
Hoogle you are certainly entitled to your opinion, not impressed? Boy I would love to see some video of you performing if in all honesty you did not appreciate what you saw.

I guess that a levitation that makes good on all its promises is not impressive.
Levitate anytime anywhere still not impressed. No get ready, no funny moves, start clean and end clean, float again and again. Still not impressed. Created by a well respected magician Darryl.

Sorry Darryl would never say this but I will. The Magic Man you might of heard of him. I can't say his name but he brought the streets to life. The Magic Man has this levitation and said it is the best levitation on the market. He wished he could do it for a little t.v. show but had already done levitations. Also a certain Angel is interested in doing this.

"It's always fun to read this kind of stuff. :-D
It's not the height, it is the way it looks.
Way to mechanical."

Now I don't believe we are viewing the same demo here. Are you serious? Too mechanical? Please do LSI a favour. What ever levitation you feel that impresses you go out and buy it. Don't tell anyone and please keep it to yourself.
I make my living doing magic and I would have not purchased two of these if it looked mechanical. Now we are just getting crazy.

Blindside I have this levi and I work with a 120 degree angles. I believe that there is an error on the site and I have e-mailed Roy about it. Darryl told me with my custom Nikes it was a 120 but with these new Docs it might be possible but we will wait for Darryl or Roy to clear this up.

This is for the working pro. This is for the passionate magi who can save money. Methas said it well. I bought my first pair and paid for it with in a Month. The second pair I bought was the Docs and the day after I told Darryl make it Fly. I got a gig at the carwash you see on the demo from performing the Fly. They hired me for Christmas promotional work and I paid for my second Fly.

magicmike30

No more to say after reading this quote. A working professional booking gig after gig just from performing FLY for potential clients (and mind you paying off his FLY(S) because of FLY). Proof is in the pudding my friends. The evidence in this testimonial speaks for itself. Does anyone honestly think Mike would be booking gig after gig if his clients thought FLY looked fake or mechanical?? Of course not (unless they have money to give away)!! Mike's testimonial and the reaction's seen in the FLY demo speak for them selves. I called my fiance up last night and told her to hop on here computer and check out this levitation I had seen on the Internet. The first words out of her mouth (honest to God people) was "WOW, This is better then your levitation" (she was talking about Icarus effect). I have yet to tell her I am getting this, she knows nothing of FLY other then seeing the Demo. She commented afterwards that this was "the coolest looking levitation she had ever seen", and "loved the spin". Now this is a layperson talking , mind the fact that the magicians who witnessed this with me "live" all felt the same way. This levi killed and I am already planing more gigs in the near future just from this one effect. As a witness to this levi I can honestly say who ever owns this effect will immediately see the financial potential awaiting to greet them soon after.......'PIZ'
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1
Uhmmm.. That didn't look like magic to me... Hmmm Balducci looks more magical in my opinion? Also the bulky shoes... YUK, are you appealing to just the older audience? (sure you can get custom designs, but that costs extra $$$ ON TOP of the already heafty price...)

All in all, not magical looking, large price for low levitation and bulky looking shoes... Not for me!

Good luck
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I pretty much said what I had to say about this already. I do not understand some of you people on here. I honestly think the Price of this levi got some of you expecting to see Superman Flying into the clouds, lifting up cars while floating 5 feet in the air. As someone who owns mostly all the levitation's on the market, and then after seeing this live, and now the demo, I was beyond impressed with this levi (enough to buy one). I think we all need to take a step back into the past for a moment and reflect on how far we have come with self-levitation's. The "Elevator", loved it for it's time, and nothing against peter, but looks a tad bit outdated, not real workers material. Criss Angel levi, just not practical in the real world of professionals. Icarus Effect (which I love), great effect, great concept, but again not practical in all situations when dealing with the working pro. I can keep on going, but there will be no end. FLY takes care of all these problems, and even adds it's own little twist (no pun intended) to the mix. As stated 100 times before, this is for the working pro who want to baffle there audiences on a split second notice, anytime, anywhere. Whether in a club, a bar, a school, back yard walk around, restaurant, an air-plane, where-ever there is ground, there will always be the opportunity to levitate. As a working pro my self, I am ecstatic about this levi, and it will be Christmas all over again once my FLY arrives.......'PIZ'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Darryl Vanumburg's FLY levitation coming soon. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL