The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
I've recently purchased Fraud and have a slight problem with it. I followed the instructions as instructed. When I attempt to open up the file that contains the letters and try to print them, they print at about 1/3 the size of the original letters. Has anyone had the same problem and if so, what did you do to correct it? If this information is sensitive, please feel free to PM me.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
I've had this same problem using the same method DG does on Fraud. I was told by E online help desk that you should print using Internet Explorer. However, haven't been able to try since my ink went dry. I really don't think it will work but let me know if it does.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
There is a way to get around using the files. If you take the "gimmick" that you cut out, and simply put it in a copy machine. Follow the same steps as before, marking the paper, etc. and your set.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
It must be an ink jet source and not laser toner.
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
Hello, all.

I found that you must open the file with a photo editor.

When you "explore" the dvd and open the file, it launches a Microsoft picture viewer that doesn't have things the right size.

If I launch my photo editing software, and then open the file from the dvd, everything is sized perfect.

Hope that helps.
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Great. Thanks for all the ideas. I'll give it a try.

One other question. I've followed the instructions to the T. I still see a shadow/ghost where the seal used to be. I was wondering if there is a way to age the bill to remove the newness looking area. Pm me if the information is sensitive.

Thanks
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Do you have Document Viewer? When I first did it it would print the Whole Page Black. BUt Document Viewer works Perfectly.
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
I've done fraud many times, and the thing is. They DON'T notice the area where the seal was gone.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2006-11-12 08:34, paisa23 wrote:
Do you have Document Viewer? When I first did it it would print the Whole Page Black. BUt Document Viewer works Perfectly.

Mine was also printing all black. Was there anything specific you did to fix this? I stopped trying after running out of ink.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Go online and look for a free photo editor if you don't already have one installed, I was having the same problem (all black)

I used a shareware photo editor program and it worked perfectly.
Tony Chapparo
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2006-11-11 22:14, close-up wrote:...<- snip ->...I still see a shadow/ghost where the seal used to be...<- snip ->

Try Nail Polish remover. Apply using cotton swab.

;-)

Doug
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
Quote:
On 2006-12-07 20:26, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-11 22:14, close-up wrote:...<- snip ->...I still see a shadow/ghost where the seal used to be. ...<- snip ->

Try Nail Polish remover. Apply using cotton swab.

;-)

Doug

I tried the nail polish and it didn't work. I don't want to work it too hard for obvious reasons. Would using an older or newer bill help?
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
under the table
View Profile
New user
Detroit
81 Posts

Profile of under the table
Actually, I try to leave a small, let me reiterate SMALL "ghost" of the s*** on the bill. I use some sort of patter that goes something like "oh, sorry, I guess I forgot to get it all......damn these new bills," and/or "*** "these new printers." And while I say that, I casually put the bill in my left hand and give it to them as the right hand goes away......to never land.

*glances to make sure no one is looking*

Ian
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
Mine was also printing all black. Was there anything specific you did to fix this? I stopped trying after running out of ink.

I had the same problem, and read on another thread that the newer printers have
a Money print protection that does this when it sees paper money...sounds
logical....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Anyone else having an issue where the new seal looks REALLY dark compared to the original? I was wondering if an eraser would lighten that up or should I just change the color in the seal file to more of a grey.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I would not do either, I would however change the print quality on my print. try some different settings. personlly I use "fast draft" on a different printer just draft was good enough. do some experimentation
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Has the "ghost" actually been a problem for anyone? My bills always have it, but I never mention it. Isn't it logical that some evidence of the s*** would remain if you are actually doing what they think you are? I think it might ADD to the "selling" of the effect.

In any case, no spec has EVER pointed it out, in my experience.

Don't run when you aren't being chased...
Jonathan Fetzer
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Fetzer
I strongly disagree that a "ghost" remnant of the seal adds to the effect, and it is possible to make the bill perfect, though you may have to go through a few bills to get it. If your seal is smearing, then print a few and wait a month before using them. If you can't seem to make the bill perfectly clean, you can autograph over the "goast" at the end of the performance.
football2136
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of football2136
You can print it out without a photo editor. when you open the folder from the disk there is a panel going down the left side. here you will find a print option. use this option to print them out. a wizard comes up and just follow the wizard.
hiwese1
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of hiwese1
Just let it dry a little longer and don't rub it. I haven't had a proble with that. I did get busted having a newer bill then the spec and you can tell the difference. I gues I will make a newer and older one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud Help (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL