The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Al Schneider's LA Street Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Just about the time you think you have seen it all, Al Schneider proves you haven't.

First, go to http://www.worldmagiccenter.com/clips/video.htm and watch the video of LA Street Cups, then come back here.

Now that you have seen it, admit it, it fooled you, didn't it!? It fooled me, too.

This is a very clever standup routine that you can perform without stealing a load from your pockets, a servante or a pouch. You can get it two different ways. One is just a series of well-illustrated PDF files, the other, a set of video clips.

Get them both. They are well worth it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Just watched the video. Sold me, I like that alot. Thanks for sharing the link Bill!

Jake
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If it wasn't Al, I would have said trick photography. Beautifuly performed!!

It feels good to be a lay person!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
That's really good. I believe it can be reset in just a few seconds.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Really cool Cups and Balls. I love his classic CaB and this one even better.
Thanks for sharing this, btw does the clips containt the instruction or only the performance clips? Thanks.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Thanks for the heads up, that routine is really good. Al does it again
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I was definitely fooled, and I loved it. Has the idea of having the final load in play throughout the routine, ever really been explored before?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Quote:
On 2006-11-08 19:28, Bill Palmer wrote:
One is just a series of well-illustrated PDF files, the other, a set of video clips.

Bill,
Does the video clip shoot in multiple angles?

Thanks,
Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Quote:
On 2006-11-10 10:25, Danny Diamond wrote:
I was definitely fooled, and I loved it. Has the idea of having the final load in play throughout the routine, ever really been explored before?

I can't remember exactly where I saw it, possibly in Hoffman's "Modern Magic," but I do remember seeing a cup with a bed of sharp needles set into the bottom of the cup. The needles would supposedly hold a cloth ball in place, sort of the forerunner of a "chopped" cup. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Scott York's X-Rated Cups & Balls Routine from the 70's exploited the idea of pre-loaded finish balls and working around them. His routine ended up with the usual three big balls finish and only one was actually ever "loaded." It was cleverly routined so the one actual load did not come from your body or lap in any way. In fact, the title "X-Rated Cups & Balls," made reference to the fact that you could perform the routine completely naked if need be. For most close-up workers, myself included, I hope that situation never arises!
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
Quote:
On 2006-11-10 10:25, Danny Diamond wrote:
Has the idea of having the final load in play throughout the routine, ever really been explored before?

Jim Ryan's cups and balls routine also spent a lot of time with loaded cups although they were loaded during the rouine.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:

Jim Ryan's cups and balls routine also spent a lot of time with loaded cups

Not appreciably. Jim's routine was heavily based on Johnny Paul's original routine; the double load (as in the Ireland manuscript) was ignored.

Jim Ryan's routine was great in Jim's hands, but there was no pre-load or much of anything going on (a sponge ball in the hands) before the finale'. The point and focus of Jim's routine was the show immediately before the production.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2006-11-08 19:28, Bill Palmer wrote:
Just about the time you think you have seen it all, Al Schneider proves you haven't.

First, go to http://www.worldmagiccenter.com/clips/video.htm and watch the video of LA Street Cups, then come back here.

Now that you have seen it, admit it, it fooled you, didn't it!? It fooled me, too.

This is a very clever standup routine that you can perform without stealing a load from your pockets, a servante or a pouch. You can get it two different ways. One is just a series of well-illustrated PDF files, the other, a set of video clips.

Get them both. They are well worth it.

I was blown away.

Here it is, now with youtube technology;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4xbc-FOx0&feature=plcp
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Al Schneider is one of the few magicians, who make me feel like a layman again. He makes tricks look like real magic. His moves and his handlings are above and beyond suspicion.
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Does anyone know where you can purchase this? If so can you please supply a link

Thanks in advance

Baobow
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
"Al Schneider Magic" from L&L Publishing has that routine in it. There might be cheaper options if it was ever sold in another form, but the book is really a good value when you consider all the great information in it. It was one of my favorite purchases last year when it came out.
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
LLepub are selling it as a ebook, I will probably get the ebook as I can copy it over to my ipad to read while commuting to work

Thanks for letting me know

Peter
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Al put the LA Street Cups routine on DVD:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14800
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Al Schneider's LA Street Cups (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL