The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Best And Worst Magic Promo Videos??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
This, in my opinion, is exactly the style of video which will hurt a performer rather than get him/her work.

It's what I call an "ego" video, crafted to make the performer feel good about themselves. They are usually derivative in style ("Look, I'm like Copperfield." "Look, I'm like McBride.") and often the presentations, costumes, and even effects are knock-offs or presented with out-of-the-box routines.

This one features English text taken out of a language dictionary, so it does not even make sense.

A true promo video needs to be brief, original, and show off the act the client is buying.

Magically,
Walt
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
A promo video also needs to show how well the magician entertains the audience. We never saw that in Tercero's video. Did he even perform for an audience? Also, it seems more of a video catalog of his illusions. So what!? Maybe I'm a little too harsh because I've been reading Maximum Entertainment. But if you're reading this and looking to make a video, that is what NOT to do. People (and clients) respond to people. Show the audience reactions, or better yet a video testimonial.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Best And Worst Magic Promo Videos??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL