The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Master of the Streets: David Blaine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
That's an understatement if I've ever heard one.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-11-11 11:45, Scott Xavier wrote:
Here's what D's doing next...

I don't really care. (Although, I'm impressed with his charity work.)

In truth, when David Blaine can go out and draw a crowd, entertain them and be able to collect his fee <from> the crowd, <THEN> he'll be "king of the streets!" Until then, Gazzo's crown rests securly!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Does anyone know if this'll be televised?
chris311
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of chris311
I don't know if you guys have heard, but he's gonna be strapped into a gyroscope for 2 days. so that means he'll be spinning around and around and around for 2 days straight. I just read about it on Yahoo! news.
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Here is some more info on the stunt

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061117/ts_......17200455
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
chris311
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of chris311
And then after spinning for 2 days, he'll try to get out of the shackles
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
"I don't really care. (Although, I'm impressed with his charity work.) In truth, when David Blaine can go out and draw a crowd, entertain them and be able to collect his fee <from> the crowd, <THEN> he'll be "king of the streets!" Until then, Gazzo's crown rests securly!"

--Uh his fee which is paid due to the advertisers paying him due to name recognition and the MILLIONS who watch his special far out ways gazzos. Mention gazzo to a lyman and they haven't a clue. Now JUST WALK with david down a new your street and he gathers a crowd.

Mandrake, seems like you're so negative and anti blaine. Why? If you don't like him change the channel and don't post in a thread about him. Negativity only breeds negativity as my post proves. And if you truly did not care you would have posted the negativity in the first place.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2006-11-14 22:04, Scott Xavier wrote:
Davids ]...] a wonderful showman.

sry, but I have to disagree...he's not at all a great showman.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Yes he is... but I guess it depends on your definition of a showman (For example: If your definition of a showman is a flamboyant, high-energy trickster then I guess he isn't a showman, to you. Perception is reality).

And I don't understand why people take the time to post on something "they don't care" about. Makes no sense.
unorthadux
View Profile
New user
NB, Canada
6 Posts

Profile of unorthadux
I'm waiting for David to get back to doing actual magic. I find that both David and Cris have been doing these "stunts" more and more, and magic less and less. David Blaine's "magic man" special was a big influence on why I stayed in magic.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
So wait before this becoms a bickering thread. Did this air already? Or Was it Aired? My Two cents. I love to watch magic, that is what got me into it.
giochi
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of giochi
Heres the commercial for the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE3bbIdU7OE
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
I think that looks incredible. I never get sick of his stunts. And there's something authentic about Blaine that Angel lacks. But does anyone know when/where/if this'll be televised?
expand your consciousness
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of expand your consciousness
Wow! Like I said Blaine is the one of best magicians of the modern era.
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Will there be a special on this, if so, when will it be on.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 13:25, Scott Xavier wrote:
"I don't really care. (Although, I'm impressed with his charity work.) In truth, when David Blaine can go out and draw a crowd, entertain them and be able to collect his fee <from> the crowd, <THEN> he'll be "king of the streets!" Until then, Gazzo's crown rests securly!"

--Uh his fee which is paid due to the advertisers paying him due to name recognition and the MILLIONS who watch his special far out ways gazzos. Mention gazzo to a lyman and they haven't a clue. Now JUST WALK with david down a new your street and he gathers a crowd.

Mandrake, seems like you're so negative and anti blaine. Why? If you don't like him change the channel and don't post in a thread about him. Negativity only breeds negativity as my post proves. And if you truly did not care you would have posted the negativity in the first place.

Free country, I'm allowed to post where I want, on what subject I want and how I want positive or not. All the Café asks is that I not get obscene, which I've slipped on once or twice but never deliberatly.

I'm not saying Blaine isn't going to make more than Gazzo. I'm not even saying Blaine isn't more widely known than Gazzo. I even like a lot of what he does (although he seems to be doing less and less actual "magic" and more and more stunt work)

What I am saying is that Blaine is not a true "street magician." That's is and will always be Gazzo's claim to fame.
Ain't life unkind?"
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Maybe to fellow magicians, but definitely not to the world at large.

Posted: Nov 22, 2006 10:12pm
So, for anyone who cares, it's only airing in snipets on the target website. Kinda lame, and to bad.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-11-22 22:01, raphlo2 wrote:
Maybe to fellow magicians, but definitely not to the world at large.

There are always people who are the best at their fields but don't get the recognition of the world at large. It's sad.
Ain't life unkind?"
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
He made it! lol. Kind of disappointing actually. What'd you all think?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'm glad the kids got their shopping spree!

Most of his stunts have been anti-climatic when they've ended.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Master of the Streets: David Blaine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL