The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Wiregram Preparations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jkdragoon
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jkdragoon
Heya!!

Just a quick question to anyone that's used to using wiregrams. I'm into the whole "Anyone have a piece of useless metal wire...AHH... Here's one..." patter but I wanna prep the wiregram in a twisted shape rather than it being straight.
Will the wiregram be damaged if I bend it into a basic, conked shape and then straighten it out before applying heat (e.g. cup of boiling water)?
Also, will the wiregram rust if I place it in water?

Thanks!!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I lost the instructions, but I beieve that you can put it into different shapes as long as it's cool. You don't want to bend it when it's hot as it will then remember that shape. So you should be okay to start out with another shape and it will bend into the memory shape.

I don't think it suggest putting it in liquids but on the side of a hot coffee cup.
nbps05
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of nbps05
I thought you could put it in coffee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Wiregram Preparations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL