The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sharpie Fire-Tip Marker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
You know sometimes I come up with a good idea or two. Not all the time, but sometimes...

Sharpie Fire-Tip

It looks like Rick Haslett (of www.ahouseoffire.com) has really done something special. I can't wait to see it.

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jamie, the webiste says a thank you to you for the idea. It looks great!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1136 Posts

Profile of APC
Looks great! Would definitely help me as I'm always a little scared to get to close to the flame, etc. I may pick this one up. Definitely more magical then a match or lighter and saves pocket space. Great Idea Jamie!
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Finally a practical way to light flash paper at the restaurant!
Logic Defied
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
What happens when the Sharpie ink runs dry? Is there an easy reload method or does one have to dish out another $70,
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Sharpies are refillable actually, try it yourself!

Tug on the black part and it will come out of the gray housing.

So while you might need to "cut down" the refill to make room for the electronics, this thing should definitely be refillable.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
A great !DEA converted into a good multi-utility device (prop). In the vid the Sharpie Marker looks good & performs great! Congratulations Jamie!

It would be great if it came with a dry erase marker (a better utility for the Magician as well as the Mentalist) - Just a thought! Smile

'Sharpie FIRE Point Marker' is worth considering.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Hiya,

late night diner,

I sent your question over to Rick and he answered right away, "It's very simple to refill, it's all on the instructional cd-rom."

There you have it!

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1136 Posts

Profile of APC
Is it easy to spot the device or is it well camoflauged and able to be looked at pretty closely. I'm very close to buying this as I think it helps so much with "In a Flash" as it will be used to sign the coin and card as well as light the fire. I'm in a battle with myself to see if I should order this...just too many items to choose from!
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Great Idea! The wand looks very nice also. Is ahouseoffire.com know for quality products? They have some interesting items.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
I'm getting FIRED up about this effect !!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2963 Posts

Profile of niva
Rick Haslett's products are top notch. My friend and I are happy with two of his products. So this should not be any different.

Great idea by the way.
Yours,

Ivan
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Quote:
On 2006-11-14 09:18, niva wrote:
Rick Haslett's products are top notch. My friend and I are happy with two of his products. So this should not be any different.

Great idea by the way.

Thanks.
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
Quote:
On 2006-11-13 01:03, Ustaad wrote:
A great !DEA converted into a good multi-utility device (prop). In the vid the Sharpie Marker looks good & performs great! Congratulations Jamie!

It would be great if it came with a dry erase marker (a better utility for the Magician as well as the Mentalist) - Just a thought! Smile

'Sharpie FIRE Point Marker' is worth considering.

Smile

Just install the gimmick into an Xpert
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
Doc,
great advice...
must be why you are a DOC.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Well,

I just received mine today and I couldn't be happier. It writes, it looks totally normal, and it ignites. I couldn't ask for anything more! Rick also includes a CD-ROM that explains how to change the battery and the ink.

I'll be using this at some gigs this weekend! Well Done!

jamie
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Hi All,

Just wondering if many people have picked one of these up...

Cheerio,

jdg
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Iv wanted to, but the price has been so high.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1140 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
I have one. I like it. I've been using it within a routine along with the Quantum Bender. It's been getting great reactions. Here's a tip that I have discovered to protect the end containing the heating element when not in use, put a second cap onto the Sharpie. Just thought I'd pass this onto others who own this. I hope it helps.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
I got mine...and I love it!
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sharpie Fire-Tip Marker (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL