The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2006 entrée: Paul Kozak » » Vegas Baby! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
Hello everyone, what an honor to have been asked by Steve Brooks to host this forum. I hope to share my experiences truthfully so that the young people may find something to help them on their journey as a Magician.
It is going to be a very busy week here in Las Vegas, with my commitment here on this forum, and my nightly performances in The World's Greatest Magic Show, I will also be making appearances at the Comedy Festival which starts today at Caesaers Palace for the week and... I am announcing for the first time to the public a very special project that I am Producing, which will be filmed on Nov. 20 & 21...so I am busy getting ready for this as well...
"The Madmen of Magic" in Las Vegas
Starring:
Kozak
Michael Finney
Mac King
The Amazing Jonathan
This project has a Feb. release for network TV and DVD
Plus I have a commitment to feed Shimada's doves while he is on tour in Australia and feed The Majestix Tigers while they take a vacation from a gig in Cyprus.
Very busy... so please be patient with me this week, forgive my spelling and ****ing cussing!
It is going to be a fun week, Live, from Vegas Baby!
Kozy in Hawai'i
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Hey Paul, hope to meet you. I live about an hour from Pittsburgh. Just recently took over Tabmantables from Tabby. I have his web sites still up and running and you are still listed on magicdmv.com. Just wanted to say hello and hope to be able to keep in touch with you. Ray Witkowski
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
I knew a Ray Witkowski from Pgh. are you related? How is Tabby? I really Love that man and hope he is well.
Kozy in Hawai'i
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
Mr Kozak,
Your performance on Caroline's (the one with the baseball bat) inspired me.
I watched it (and taped it) and said, that's what I like. I don't mean I wanted to be you, nor did I want to do your tricks(both being very polished and having GREAT routine-ing).
What I mean is, I liked making people laugh, I liked being me , I am not the guy with long hair pulling bikini clad girls out of big boxes. So when I saw that I went, whoa!
Larry
http://www.justlarry.com
Ps. There is only trick that I ever tried to do from that show was the watch trick/gag I thought, and still do think, that it is hilarious. But after 2 months of doing constantly around my friends, they became so annoyed with it. And that's when I learned not to **** off your friends doing magic for them all the time, and save it for the real audiences!
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
If you want to keep friends, do not do Magic for them at all. Even if they beg! That creates Mystery and that is the kind of Magic that will keep you friends.
Kozy in Hawai'i
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hi Paul,
We met only briefly many years ago when Tabman was working with you and Johnathan on your show "Mayhem."

Have you worked with Johnathan since then? Or is this a "reunion show" of sorts?

David
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
Hey David, no this is not exactly a reunion, it is a project in the same vein as the Blue Collar Guys, The Kings of Comedy...together yet seperate, with some ensemble pieces in the future.
Kozy in Hawai'i
ncarifo
View Profile
New user
Burbank, California
56 Posts

Profile of ncarifo
Quote:
On 2006-11-14 14:40, Kozak wrote:
I knew a Ray Witkowski from Pgh. are you related? How is Tabby? I really Love that man and hope he is well.

Paul.. Ray Witkowski may be the guy you know from Pittsburgh, he's been an illusionist in the area for a long time and tho is New Wilmington, PA, has been active in pgh magic for a long time adn recently took over Tabmans company upon his retirement.

However, you might also be thinking of Ray Wozniak, who used to work with Collectors Magic Studio in Greensburg, PA.

Either way... both great guys.

Nick Carifo
-----------------------------------------
Nicholas Carifo
Modern Magician Productions
nicholas@modernmagician.com
www.modernmagician.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Paul... I used to attend different magic meetings in the Pittsburgh area. To busy to attend any more. Saw Tabby in August when we went down to finalize taking over the business. He looked good. I keep in touch with him when I have questions on any of the things we sell from his line.
Ray Witkowski
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Quote:
On 2006-11-15 06:43, ncarifo wrote:

However, you might also be thinking of Ray Wozniak, who used to work with Collectors Magic Studio in Greensburg, PA.

Paul & Nick,

Ray passed away on Labor Day weekend after a couragous battle with Cancer. He was still active at Collectors until he couldn't travel any longer. There was a Broken Wand listing in the November Linking Ring.

~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
kretzy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of kretzy
Paul ... Any chance of coming back to Pittsburgh to do a few shows at the Funny Bone ... a few folks from St Phil's grade school want to see your show again !
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
Kretzy!!!!!!!!!!! which one???? Mike , David.....Holy ****....when did you get into Magic???
Kozy in Hawai'i
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
Sorry I confused the two Rays... I remember that Ray Wozniak passed... saddened me, as well as Bob Miller and Jim Swoger recently...these guys all had a treamendous affect on me. I love them.
Kozy in Hawai'i
kretzy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of kretzy
Actually, I'm the youngest one, Greg. And sorry, no, I didn't get into magic. We just always enjoyed your Thanksgiving show ... so every year I search the net around this time just to see if I can find your schedule on the off chance that you might be coming back to the 'burgh. We always had a blast seeing the show the night before Thanksgiving.
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
Greg, tell your family I said hello, I will not be coming to PGH. anytime soon. Here in Vegas full time. Stay in touch....KozaktheMagician@aol.com
Kozy in Hawai'i
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2006 entrée: Paul Kozak » » Vegas Baby! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL