The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » One Liners (post all here) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 00:03, Dannydoyle wrote:
A good cover band makes more money. A good original band makes money as well. The key is to be a good band.

Nope....actually the key is to bring in more people.
Most of these cover bands are complete crap....but they have a ton of friends who come out every weekend.

On the contrary I know a bunch of brilliant bands who cant even get in to play some of those bars....

In fact I bet you could throw the best musicians in the world in one of these bars, but if they don't play Livin' on a Prayer followed by Pour some sugar on me, people will leave.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Bottom line...

I don't realize the sin in quoting another performers lines.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
To hack or not to hack that is the question?

Comedy is as egocentric as magic is. Most comedians start off in their career parroting successful comics. Magicians do the same. As do singers. BUT once they rise to a level of competence they are encouraged to write or think for themselves. More often than not most comedians find a formula that works for them.

Formula Comics are Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Engvall, Jacky Mason, henny Youngman.

Comic geniuses are people like Mitch Hedberg, Richard Pryor, Lenny Bruce and Steven Wright.

With formula comics they can take Hack or Stock material and make it their own. Geniuses twist the basic joke till it doesn't recognize its self. This is where magic needs to stride.

saying a line like "No the clean one" if not said with heart is just mean. Many times as in art it is not the space you color that makes a painting but the space you don't. Learn to use silence to your advantage.

Wow .... I feel so Zen
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
Quote:
On 2007-07-16 22:39, toomuchmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 09:47, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 00:52, toomuchmagic wrote:
Youre right...but on the same token, most places have to pay to even play the radio in their establishment.
I wonder...does this cover live music.

But back to the subject at hand...is it really a crime to rip off a line or two...
especially when some people make a very nice living as complete copycats.

Wait, you are asking if it is a crime to steal, because others steal?

Is it a crime to steal someones money, when others make a great living stealing?

Are YOU SERIOUS?

This place scares the crap out of me some days.

Apples and oranges...

exceeding the speed limit is a crime too.

The speed limit is not absolute in all states. It is presumed too. Meaning if you can safely handle a vehicle at a higher speed than posted and conditions are well enough to, then you may speed.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
A couple of my favorites that I heard a few comics say...

"My girlfriend has crabs...I bought her fishnet stockings."

"I used to date a little person, but we broke up because we didn't see eye to eye."

(this one above can also end like this)

"I used to date a little person and we broke up. I miss her greatly. I was nuts over her".
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Take out your next trick Cards or whatever say : This next trick I learned in Prison (Pause) Just kidding I was never in Prison . This gets a great laugh before you go on with your trick great for kid shows ...
Tophatter
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I was going to predict the future but I have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.
"But there isn't a door"
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
The next trick has been passed down the generations to me...I guess no one
wanted it....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » One Liners (post all here) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL