The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » KAOS by Sean Beard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
KAOS it seems very interesting

this is the link
http://www.ellusionist.com/order/KAOS-by......rcia.php
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
Naples, FL & Hickory, NC
202 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
I enjoyed the effect. The people seem to enjoy it.
My only concern, can it be done surrounded?

MBrooks
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
I don't think so. I think there might be slight angle problem but I still think this a great trick. I'll defitinely going to buy this.
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
This effect defenetly seems to have potential to be a very Hard hitting Card through window. The best part about it, is that it is completely impromptu.
crowd control would be something of an issue, but in all reality that's one of the biggest concerns for any magician. Just from the previews it looks great.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
You could probably assure the person holding the cards will not be hurt in any way.....But for "safety reasons", it is best for everyone to stand on the other side.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Nice lookng effect obvously plays very stong with spectators.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Nice lookng effect obvously plays very stong with spectators.
mooch
View Profile
New user
Derbyshire, UK
21 Posts

Profile of mooch
Apparently you cannot have people stood behind you. However I really do like Sean's presentation of the effect. The method may be simple, but I can foresee this getting stronger reactions than other card through window effects, simply because it seems so impossible.

There are a couple of reviews over on the Ellusionist forums, by the way. I'm sure there will be many, many more within the next couple of days though.
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I have pulled the card through surrounded, just takes some audience management.

I love this effect and it really captures the "reality" of the Card THROUGH Window effect.

I hope you guys like it! : )

||Sean ||
//Sean Beard
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I got this as a download and I love it. Congrats Sean. This is a very nice effect which is very practical and not difficult to accomplish.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Friends,

I also purchased this as a download and DVD combo, and after viewing the video I immediately was flabbergasted at how powerful a simple effect can be so deceptive for laymen.
Audience management is vital, but also your role on providing good misdirection with body language and spoken words.
This effect is impromptu much like INDECENT is, and will require you to know basic card sleights to accomplish the effect. I have yet to practice the effect on my glass door and perform it, but Im sure once I do I will be very pleased with the end result.

Sean,
Good job coming up with a killer street style magic effect that is impromptu.

My recommendations: Buy this trick, even if you know or think you know the method, just getting the tips from Daniel Garcia, along with contributions from J.Bayme and Wayne Houchin, this trick is worth the price tag.

Do yourself a favor and purchase this effect. Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
cjl467
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
71 Posts

Profile of cjl467
Just bought mine. Thinkin about starting with DG's MP thing he does with the coin through glass, but on the pane of glass first. Then do it in "slow mo" with the cards. But it might be better as a stand alone effect actually...
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Glad you guys appreciate the simplicity. A lot of magicians fail to understand that something so simple and easy, can be so devastating.

Every review has deemed the effect an absolute killer.

||Sean ||
//Sean Beard
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Can I please hear some more details about what the spectator sees? It appears they see part of the card on both sides of the pane like you're pulling it through but I didn't seem to see that on the video. It comes across like Indescent except rather than pull up a ziploc bag, you'll pulling it up from the window. Thanks.
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Well if done it right, it should appear to the spectator as if you're actually slowly pulling the card through the glass piece by piece. The performances on the download are better than what is shown in the demo video. It looks very cool. It'll take some work to make it look like you're really pulling it through bit by bit, but for me it was worth it. It doesn't matter if the window is double paned, finally. As long as you can get to the other side to pull the card through, it'll pretty much work.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I have an idea....but I have no clue how he does it so you can show your hands completely empty...

I purchased this DVD yesterday (along with many other "hyped" effects)

I'll give my review after I watched it...I'll be honest, I'm a little bit skeptical...maybe it's because this is the second time I'm ordering from E
:-/
~joeKing
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Quote:
On 2006-11-19 13:14, joeKing wrote:
I have an idea....but I have no clue how he does it so you can show your hands completely empty...

I purchased this DVD yesterday (along with many other "hyped" effects)

I'll give my review after I watched it...I'll be honest, I'm a little bit skeptical...maybe it's because this is the second time I'm ordering from E
:-/

Its been taught on the dvd/download,dont worry.
You´ll learn everything you gonna need to pull the card thru the window Smile
For myself its not that visual as it was promised (or maybe my imagination of this effect was too high)it wont fool magicians but you can fool lay people really hard.
Just a bit of audience managment and you got all the cover for the dirty work.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
How is this not visual? You're pulling a card through a window! What's not visual about that?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On 2006-11-19 17:04, Cameron Francis wrote:
How is this not visual? You're pulling a card through a window! What's not visual about that?

As I see on the video teaser, there is a mess of cards just in front !
And the hands of magicien are hidden just behind;
So it's visual because you see the mess of cards, but the selected card going through the window is hidden behind the mess.

Nicolas
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Can you show both hands empty just before moving to the other side (and before touching the other side) of the window? The demo did not show this.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » KAOS by Sean Beard (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL