The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Need help. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joshualimm
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of joshualimm
Hi. I've been practising sleight of hand tricks for the past 5 years. However, I'm trying to expand my variety of tricks from closeup to small-scale stage illusions. Please note that I have NEVER tried any gimmicks before. My previous tricks entirely based on sleights.

I'm trying to look for magic gimmicks that allows me to perform illusions closeup or within a medium crowd. Can any of you suggest some magic tricks? Here're some of the tricks that I'm interested, but not sure if I should buy them, since I'm just beginning to explore this branch of magic:
1) Dancing cane
2) Zombie Ball
3) Pen through whatever(Which should I get? Perfect pen?)

I'm going to Perth, Australia soon. I was wondering if anyone of you know any magic stores there.

Thanks!
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
Welcome to the Magic Café!

In the upper right corner of your screen, you will find a link for the "Search" function. Search for each of the items you mentioned and you should find a lot of advice about each.

Good luck.

Paul M.
Isramagia
View Profile
Regular user
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
114 Posts

Profile of Isramagia
Hi Joshua. I like the Perfect Pen but there is bic type pen on the market that allows you to steal out the gimmick and the pen is examinable; I use both depending on the situation.
You also might want to check out Sean Bogunia's Ultimate Dancing Hank. Hope this helps. Smile
Izzy
joshualimm
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of joshualimm
I'll check that out. Smile Thanks.

However, I'm pretty much interested in levitation. Can you recommend a few? I do have knowledge with IT/ITR(dollar, card...small and light objects), as well as the balducci. What I'm trying to look for are bigger scale levitation. I've been thinking of that floating bottle which pours beverage from it while levitating. Here's my outline of new routine I plan to add:

Starting on table: (All my old sleights)
1) Coin Matrix
2) pen through card(I built my own gimmicks)
3) Card tricks and coin tricks(depends)
4) Twisting arm illusion for a grand finalle

Standing up a few feets away from spec:(Future wish)
1) Zombie ball
2) levitation tricks(money/cards/etc)
3) ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS HERE PLS
4) Dancing cane for a grand finalle.

So, please do help me.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Joshua Smile Smile Smile
Your choice of stage tricks are fine. The dancing cane is one of my favourites.Probably you may wish to buy a Fantasio's dancing cane gimmicked vanishing cane or one Jeff Mc Bride type metal Dancing Cane. For the Zombie Vernet is probably the best. Also Buy a good quality ITR to perform many levitation miracles.
Oh by the way let me welcome you with a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
joshualimm
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of joshualimm
Thanks Tora. However, I would like to know if the dancing cane requires a huge set-up stage, and any angle restrictions. If it's fine, I think I would order one really soon. Can't wait to perform some larger scale illusions instead of relying on sleights. Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Joshua , dancing cane does not require a set up and has no angle restrictions.Nevertheless it needs considerable working to perform it smoothly. you may order one cane from http://www.themagicwarehouse.com
they have it. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

joshualimm
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of joshualimm
Is it easily damaged? Or if it is, can I repair it easily without having to buy some expensive refill or something like that? I still do not know the secret to it, therefore, I'm not sure of these things. Thanks
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4986 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Welcome to the Café, Joshua. I see you have a lot of questions and that is why we're hear, however, I'd suggest you take Paul's advice and use the search function rather than try to get answers here. Looks like you are really interested in Dancing canes. Try looking in the finger/manipulation forum. There are many posts there that will help. Don't be afraid to ask, just look for the correct forum to do it. Besides, you'll want to get into the secret sessions soon and posts in the new arrivals section do not count as part of your 50 posts. Enjoy yourself
Where the magic begins
joshualimm
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of joshualimm
Thanks Dave. I'll take your advice. Smile
fishnuts
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of fishnuts
Ah, fresh meat. I think you should try a new style of stage magic. Classics are good, but do something that fits you. If you're an old school kid, then do it, but it'll look funny if you're not. Maybe look into Andrew Mayne or Steve Fearson. They both have some cool stage stuff. Good luck, Jr.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Joshua, Dancing Cane is not complicated and you can do the repairs if needed. In my opinion buy it. It does not cost a fortune.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

amazingboz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of amazingboz
Whereever you live it is important to plug into a magic shop,my opinion. Also,this site
is wonderful for networking.It is important to project where you want to be magically in two years down the road and use that as a roadmap for effects and what you want to purchase.
One effect at a time just like one sleight at a time.
Good luck and keep commong back!

Phil
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Welcome! You have come to the right place. There is something here for everyone. Please do not forget to post, because that is the fun of the Café. Enjoy!
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
hey i just thought i should say that i do the zombie and it is one of my favorite illusions. it is so incredibly simple and audiences love it. as for the cane ive always wanted to do this but havnt bought one yet.
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Need help. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL