The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
273 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
Has anyone found a good use, other than an ITR, for the thumb tip area as of yet?

As a non-ITR user, I am unsatisfied to-date using this area for all items tried, including a thumb tip (dye transfer), D-lite (dye transfer), short Professor's Nightmare (bulky; weaker effect when ropes too short), Z-Ray Vision (must use part of four pockets), Monte Dominoes (an effect suitable for restrictive venues only) and Disc Escape (heavy, inconsistent effect; must use part of two pockets.)

Any good solutions for something nifty to carry in the thumb tip pocket of the Assassin's Pouch?

Thanks.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I own the pro carrier and am disapointed at how tiny it is. the front slot barely fits a business card, and it can only hold 1 deck, if you want it to catch the velcro. I ordered the assassin's pouch last week, and it should be here soon. ill post a video review comparing the 2 ASAP.

PS.
this is not george this is zachmonky, on georges account.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2007-04-16 00:21, Bendy wrote:
Quote:
I would really like to see soneome put out a professional use caliber tool. Not taking away from Jay's initial devleopment, I offer the following upgrade suggestions:

- change the top opening (don't know exactly how) so it opens wider for easier access to the inside
- reverse the zipper, so when open, it does not interfere with the TT
- include an inside divider in the main pocket so one side holds a full deck, the the other can hold a second deck, packet tricks, or other cards
- expand the bellows on the front 2 pockets
- provide a belt clip rather than a loop so the pouch can be quickly and easily put on and off

just my $.02

I agree with everything you've posted here. I would like to add two more:

- Provide a "pocket" of sorts on the bottom of the inside of the pouch, where a magnet could be stored without the risk of it moving around and/or becoming attached to something stored in the pouch that may be metal or have metal components.
- Produce the pouch in a lighter color - such as khaki, (as is shown in the packaging), so that the TT pocket does not turn the TT black! (Or it could be made of, or lined with, a nylon material so that the color of the fabric won't run. The cotton material it is made of now transfers the dye to the TT far too easily.

The bottom pocket would be perfect as I always keep coin effects like Holy Holy in the front pouches and that stupid magnet would constantly stick to them. I love this pouch, by the way, and highly recommend it!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
I can NOT leave home without it!!!!
It is impossible!!!!
It has my life in it!!!

-mike-
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I wear the Assassin's pouch all the time.
As far as the magnet thing I wear 2 powerful magnet clips (left and right side) on my belt so no need for more in the pouch and becomes a seperate area concealed in vest or jacket.
The small pouches always have Killer Key and Holey Moley. The main pouch In A Flash deck. Not all my gimicks are Sankey material, it is a matter of association for remembering where everything is. My pockets carry the other stuff.
I have a Pro-Real in the side pouch but have only really used it a couple of times. I prefer higher on the body area.
The other side pouch I kinda find it ackward for a T.T. or a sharpie. A few times I have stuck things like a rose stem for a flash appearance, but most of the time it is empty.
The pouch is concealled under my vest most of the time so never any questions asked about it.
On my other hip I have a pouch designed for a G.P.S and it can carry 2 decks of cards easily.
Between pouches, cargo pants, and a vest full of pockets I am ready for most ocassions.
Safety tip - do not go boating this loaded.
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Nicholas Spade
This seems like a nice idea, but I am quite happy with my military issue ankle wallet. It's pretty good sized at 5 x 5 inches and contours around the side of my lower calf. Completely invisible when worn. This way my goodies are concealed and hidden on my person. I load up what I need for the day in it and I am set. A private moment alone and I can get anything I need right out. Since I never where shorts, I am set year round.
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
I have been wearing my Sankey Assassin's Pouch (AP)daily for the past 7 months or so and agree with the suggested improvements noted above. Alas, the nylon has worn out and I needed to replace it.

Today, at my local Long's Drug store, I found a great/better (in my opinion) replacement in the camera case section. It's put out by Mobile+Life(?) and cost only $10.99! Here are 2 pictures that I shot of it:

It comes in a variety of colors/print patterns. The nylon is much more durable than the AP and is slightly larger. It easily holds 2 decks of cards in the main/rear compartment, in addition to the placement of a magnet in the bottom. The front compartment has subdivided pockets that hold coins nicely (as well as my toy Yoda, seen in the picture). Sponge balls would fit fine, as well. Furthermore, there is a front velcro flap that holds a mini-sharpie.

I haven't used the AP for my thumb tip b/c of the dye issue and I don't use an IT reel,so this was a really nice find for me. It fits comfortably on my belt in the office and the zippers open so much better than the AP. It's a whole lot sturdier than the AP. (I really like Jay and had been holding out over the past weeks, hoping to hear that perhaps he would have revised his pouch based upon comments in this forum. Alas, I couldn't wait that long.) It's hard to beat this value.

jeff in san diego
http://www.medicine-in-motion.com
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
273 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
Rather than a pouch or a back pack or a fanny pack, you know what would be cool? A magic bandolier!
Pockets that strap across your torso where you can have it behind you or in front of you. Pockets for cards, pockets for Hot Rods and/or paddle tricks. Pockets for TTs. Places for pens, markers, magnets, lighters and other various items used in conjunction with illusions.

You could strap it across your torso - front or back...

Check this out:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113

- David Robinson
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2007-03-11 13:33, mysto59 wrote:
I agree. It was a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience. It is kind of hard to believe but it really did happen. I play the lottery every week and haven't won yet but I'm sure glad to have my bite coin back.

It just goes to show that little "miracles" happen when you least expect them...

I can top that. Many, many years ago I purchased "Fertile Coins" From Lou Tannen's. Back then it was a beautiful mini Kennedy half roughly the size of a dime.

I loved that effect. I did it everywhere!

Then one day, I lost it! Just somehow misplaced it, and was very sorry for my carelessness..

Here's where it gets weird, as in Twilight Zone! Sometime later, I was riding a bus. (This was new to me, as I usually walked in those days)

Anyway, I was sitting there on this bus I had never rode before, and I looked down at my feet, and there on the floor, impossible as it may sound, was my Fertile coin!

I have NO IDEA. Except maybe an Angel felt sorry for me.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2007-03-09 18:39, mysto59 wrote:
Oh, here's a funny story for you guys...

True story. I was at my local quickie mart a few days ago getting some coffee and when paying I forgot I had my bite out quarter in my pocket and accidentally used it along with some other "real" coins to pay for my coffee. I didn't notice until I got home though. Man I was really mad...

The next day when I went to get coffee again and this time used a dollar to get coffee and the cashier gave me my change. As I was walking back to my car I noticed that she had given me my bite out quarter back in the change!!! Is that wild or what?

Unless it is someone elses bite out quater!

I have a friend who used to work in a Bingo hall (as a caller) and he found a coin unique in the till (Eddie Gibson 1p adn £1 magnetic locking coin) - he was given it in a bunch of change after buying a drink. He did not realise until he got home. He then decided to take a magnet in to work - and swept all the £1 coins from the tills. Over a period of a few months he found 8 (acordign to him - I have no reason to doubt him). it makes me wonder how many are out there in circulation..... Smile check your change people!
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
So that's where yoda has been hiding.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I have one and I use it. I am not ashamed to say that. I wear it table hopping and it sits just under y shirt( casuly worn) hidden away. Its a fantastic tool and I would recomend getting one if your a worker
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I just got mine...can I now call myself an assassin:)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay has this as a deal of the week:

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48070

Reg Price: $20.00
Sale Price: $12.99
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay reports this on the Assassin's Pouch sale:

From Jay:

Hi Guys,

Last night we received a ton of orders for the ASSASSIN'S POUCH, but some of you sent emails saying you had a difficult time placing your online order.

Sorry about that. We've been testing some new UPS shipping options and a few glitches have 'magically appeared.'

Please give us 24 hours to work out all the kinks, and place your order for the Assassin's Pouch tomorrow (Wednesday.)

Thanks for believing in Sankey Magic!

:)

Jay

PS.We'll be adding UPS 'STANDARD' and UPS 'EXPEDITED' to the website very soon! Just in time for our upcoming MONSTER HOLIDAY SALE (Nov 24-Dec 1!!!!!!)
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
SplitSpades11
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of SplitSpades11
I ordered one among other things yesterday.What the hell it's only 12 bucks!and I don't have a case or anything for any of my props(just work out of my pockets) and I know it will be totally awsome like everything else jay has ever released!looks way better than the pro carrier (which I also own).Much more space and easy retrieval of porps.I know this one is going to be another winner!
"I care about eating, magic, and holding my children. " — Jay Sankey
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
273 Posts

Profile of dbolan
I came across this thread again. 13 years from most of my comments here, my Assassin’s Pouch has not had any issues aside from the initial dye transfer. The thin fabric has held up much better for me than many in this thread.

Dave

- David Robinson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL