We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
MJM Magic will have this in December.

Go here for a video clip:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/assassins-pouch-p-3616.html
"Wear it on your belt OR clipped to the belt loop of your pans with the black aluminum carabineer clip OR even just keep the pouch in your case so all your favorite magic and mentalist props are perfectly organized for the next impromptu performance.

With a total of five custom-designed pockets, you'll be amazed by just how much stuff you can carry in the Assassin's Pouch. At the same time, you'll be freeing up your pants and jacket pockets for even more stuff!"
____

What's everyone think? I use The Pro Carrier by Joshua Jay myself. Is this an improvement?

As a side note, Jay didn't do any antics on the video demo. I'm gussing, he reads the Café comments and is listening.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1170 Posts

Profile of APC
Looks interesting...I do need something to hold my little peices of magic for easy access, and I love the TT holder w/ ITR possibilities! I haven't seen the Pro Carrier, is there a link?
Adam
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-11-16 23:45, baskitboy5 wrote:
Looks interesting...I do need something to hold my little peices of magic for easy access, and I love the TT holder w/ ITR possibilities! I haven't seen the Pro Carrier, is there a link?
Adam

Here's a video demo of the Pro Carrier:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1422

I like it because there's a pocket, with a window, for your business card.

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
As with most "puches", I don't like the look of it. There's something more organic about working from your pockets. Maybe it's because I associate pouches with those things that tourists wear. People think magic is geeky enough. I don't need to wear a pouch to make myself come across any more geeky.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
When I wore my calculator on my belt in my youth, people called me a geek. Now it is fashionable for magicians to wear a similar item? What's next, the pocket protector card index?

Tony
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I think the TT slot and the eyelid hole for IT are quite smart addition to a pouch! Only from the mind of Jay Sankey.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I use Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier, but it's under my jacket.

As far as pouches go, buskers use them and considering Gazzo's income, he must be doing something right;-)

RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I have Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier, but it's a drawer somewhere.

I agree with Cameron that using your pockets looks more professional. I keep my TT in my pocket and never have to worry if the $100 falls out... 'cause if it does, it stays in my pocket.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hey, Rick!!! Hope all has been great with you.

Rick, did you ever try out the Pro Carrier? It's small and is quite convenient for some extra's and it's hidden nicely with a jacket ( they never see it ).

Chris

RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Hi Chris,

Things are well, thank you for asking.

The only time I've ever used it is in the summer and I'm out & about, without a jacket (and usually a T-shirt).

I like it and would never part with it, but would never use it when doing paid performances (ie: corporate, pubs & restaurants, etc)

It's perfect for when I'm booked to perform at a poolside event, where wearing a suit is out-of-place.

I can see the Sankey pouch being handy if you use an I.T. (but I don't use one).

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

I was half joking. I personally wouldn't use a pouch simply because it doesn't fit my style. If I performed on the streets, I probably would use one as it would be quite convenient to hold magic and tips without a jacket.

The pro carrier looks a little different, though. It looks like something that you could slip into your jacket pocket or put on you belt buckle. I have considered getting that for management purposes.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Looks like a nice neat way of carrying around a few effects. Jacket pockets can get a bit "baggy" after a while.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Depends on how much you carry.
PR_Magic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of PR_Magic
The pro carrier case is very nice and has a better look than the assassin's pouch but the assassin's pouch can carry more items. it doesn't just hold coins and 2 decks of cards, it carries a TT and/or ITR. I don't know if it carries both but you get the idea. if I were doing my usual walk around gigs, I'd probably wear some sort of pouch to add a touch of professionalism (like the ad said) but if I were to do a street performance then I wouldn't use any pouches of any sort. that's just my opinion.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
There is another option now with the "Strolling Pouch" from Frank at the Ambitious Card. I don't own one but I do have a number of Frank's other leather products and they are all excellent. I'm sure this item is excellent as well.
xformer7
View Profile
Veteran user
Central NJ
311 Posts

Profile of xformer7
Quote:
On 2006-11-29 12:28, Mitch Schneiter wrote:
There is another option now with the "Strolling Pouch" from Frank at the Ambitious Card. I don't own one but I do have a number of Frank's other leather products and they are all excellent. I'm sure this item is excellent as well.

Frank's may be a quality product, but you will lose that ultra-sweet coin-ditch feature and dedicated Sharpie holster Smile
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
I think this is great.and for the price of only $20 it is fantstic!that coin vanisher and thumb tip holder with the thread reel thing is great.
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
I ordered it just for the fun of it... Smile

I've used the Pro-Carrier for a long time but found that the clue keeps coming off... so I have to keep fixing it. Otherwise this is a smart looking case.

I much prefer to have a pouch hidden under my jacket than have a jacket that is warped because of full pockets.

Cheers

Ola
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I have the Sankey pouch, thank goodness Sankey finally has a winner after soooooooooooooooooooooooo many duds lately.
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
This is without a doubt one of Sankey's best releases. He's been holding it back for years....until now.

Vanish a coin...Boom. Make something float...Boom. Pull out a deck of cards...Boom.

This is an honest to goodness utility device that is one of Jay's top 3 all time favourites.

That's why I'm steering clear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL