The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Parody and satire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of impossible man
Sometimes I get the urge to describe fictional tricks that run askew, such as cutting an assistant in half and getting her back together slightly off center.

Or making fun of the bad patter we've all heard, just by exaggerating it. "Now a piece of rope has two ends and a middle..." It would be a big help to my wife if I could get it out of my system here instead of taking it out on her. Plus, it could be the start of some comedy routines and patter.

I don't necessarily see it fitting into the comedy magic section because it wouldn't always be effects described, but maybe that' where it should go. Or maybe this is not even appropriate for this forum?
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Dean,

What you are describing won't fit into one area, but you can use multiple areas for your postings. For patter ideas, check out "The words we use". For tricks, there are several. Quite often it is pretty subjective where something will go and we, as staff, grant a lot of leeway. It's also quite a job balancing the forums so that there is diversity of topics, but not allowing it to get too large so it's difficult to navigate. So use your good judgement and place it in the closest thing you can find. If you miss, we will gladly move it and let you know where it went.

Steven
Kym Diamond
View Profile
New user
Garden Grove, CA
14 Posts

Profile of Kym Diamond
Now, I like this idea. Rather than having things spread around like jam on toast, maybe a "woodshedding 101" header for working patter and routines may not be a bad idea....

Just a thought...

Kd
:cool:
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
Paul Harris calls it "conversations from the edge"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Parody and satire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL