We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Christmas wish list - Please find it in your heart to spare $950.00 for jeans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Yep, Neiman Idiot Marcus has them! Dolce Gabana low-rise jeans for men one pair for only $950.00. Guaranteed to make your rear end look scrumptious - if that's what you want.

Currently only available in size 52 and 54! I suppose anyone with a 30 inch waist would be too young, lean, and poor compared to a fat cat with mouth-watering bankroll.

I can't help but wonder how many third world country kids in sweat shops turning out these jeans that $950 could feed. Oh that was perhaps a bit below the waist and uncalled for so I apologize.

Oh well, maybe I'm crazy but it's always seemed the more $ I made or had (not a whole lot anyway) I was able to spend less and less of it on such things. I guess frugality and being practical comes easy when you had to get your bum out of bed and go earn it.

On a lighter note, I recently (this is the truth) purchased a couple of jeans and a "retro" shirt at the Children's Home Thrift Store all for $9.50 and didn't even have to break out the platinum card.

It was, without tax, $940.50 less than the cost of one pair of those jeans.

If still interested, knock yourself out here:

neimanmarcus.com

It all still blows me away.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
They may have your size, 52 and 54 are European sizes.

So.. thinking about going embroidered for your spring look?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-11-17 19:50, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
They may have your size, 52 and 54 are European sizes.

Shhhhh....I was trying to do some damage and have those dumb enough to buy D&G wander off and stick to American made.

I'll add that to my list of dreams to never come true.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I tend to 'jazz' up my own clothes, and I swear I have a pair of jeans that look almost exactly like those, embroidery and all.

the total cost of MY jeans, about 50 bucks, still a bit much for pants...but it wasn't my money. Smile

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
A friend just e-mailed and even specifically stated his "33 American size waist":

"i wear size 33 american..plz.send these to me..include the receipt so I can get cash back and buy a used yugo...thanks!"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2454 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I'd give you the cash, but I spent my life savings on a PS3 reservation.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Will they get me the chicks?

Just bizarre, man.

I can't think of anything I would spend $950 on right now. Nothing at all. I suppose if we were discussing stock options, T-Bills, Series E savings bonds, or real estate, then I'd go for it.

But $950 for that pair of pants? The pants don't even look good! Maybe if they came with a money-back guarantee that I'd get the chicks... well, then... maybe.

Laughing out loud.

Thanks for the smile, Randy!
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Christmas wish list - Please find it in your heart to spare $950.00 for jeans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL