The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Faux Paul Faux Plastic Cups! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2131 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Bill
you're absolutely right, why bother? We're working on more important things right now and above all in my one post I made a promise not to spin anymore of these, I'm certainly not going to break this promise especially over this.

I may have over reacted, I had a very hard test of faith this weekend, our daughter was involved in a shooting that missed her head by mere centimeters, damaging her hearing and her ear. Needless to say emotions and faith were at a peak this weekend and I think this just pushed me back to the edge a bit. She is home with us after spending a night in observation and since Marcy is a registered nurse, they figured she was better home with her family as there was more trauma than physical damage.

On a lighter note I've spoken with Sam, seems nice, conversations were of positive aspect, but maybe I'm still naive or green, I would figure a commander of a ship would decide what path it takes and whose cargo it decides to carry. Who leads up Penguin and makes the final purchasing decisions? It's a shame because with the customer base they do have they could turn this whole thing around for Penguin IMHO.

Sorry for the earlier rant.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
No need to apologize - hope your daughter has a speedy recovery. If you decide to make an inexpensive set include me in right along with Bill. I only have one question (that's proably elementary to most)...who is the 'angel'?
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2131 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Not sure why Bill referred to him as the "angel" I would look at him more as the "fireman" since he's hosing everyone.

Thank you for your wishes for our daughter, they are much appreciated and taken to heart.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
"Angel" as in person who contributes funds. However, I think your ****ogy is truer.

I am shocked and surprised to hear about your daughter's near miss. I am very glad that it was a miss. I know how loud a gun shot sounds and the aftermath on a person's hearing. With younger people, it can be very painful. I hope she recovers from the trauma soon.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2131 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Thank you Bill, the bullet took the tip of her ear and singed her hair that how close it was. Now a true Angel was watching over her and our family.

Now if all this isn't enough, I found an auction seller on a popular auction site <grin> selling off RNT II Alluminum Monti's. I know he has at least 1 more set or I think he does, the picture he uses is a blurry picture of our brushed alluminum Monti cup, and sells them as Original Rings N Things Alluminum Monti cups. 3 tell tale signs, 1 original Montis did not come in brushed finish, 2 all cups that I'm aware of from the original RNT were MagicPoxied <not sure of spelling> I feel a swatter coming on for that one LOL. Just wanted to give the heads up on this one. RNT II does not have anything to do with this dealer or his representation.

Jake
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Well, I'm not sure how Mike spelled it, either!

Thanks for the heads up on those montis.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jake, wow... a miss... glad it was a miss... hope's for speedy recovery!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
There's nothing wrong with cheap plastic cups as long as they are not marketed as "the best, great, professional only, top quality, or serious cups for the serious performer" ... that sort of thing.

penquin being the straight-shooting place they are certainly wouldn't do anything like that.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2131 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 14:22, Frank Starsini wrote:

penquin being the straight-shooting place they are certainly wouldn't do anything like that.

Is that sarcasm? You do it to your feathered friend but you do not use it with me! LOL Smile
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I bet most of us will get a set just to see what it feels like
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2131 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 15:54, walid ahumada wrote:

Hmmm, looks like plastic, smells like plastic, feels like plastic, hey bet they're just plastic cups Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have a feeling that they will feel remarkably like the Empire plastic cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 16:29, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 15:54, walid ahumada wrote:

Hmmm, looks like plastic, smells like plastic, feels like plastic, hey bet they're just plastic cups Smile

I know bill is gettin two sets, how about you jake? I am gonna wait for e-bay good deal to get some of them for my cocktail parttys
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2131 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Goes without saying, I'm like Bill, they will be part of cup history and thus will have to go in the collection Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I don't know whether I would drink out of these or not. If there is any alcohol in the drinks, it might cause the plating to go into solution to a small degree. I know you are kidding about that.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I was not kidding, now I am not sure if I wanna drink out of these cups.i am thinking what else I can do with these cups.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Make sand castles that look like final loads?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Nuts. they would hold nuts at a party. or dip?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2131 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Sure, you could put dip, start with the dip who had them made.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Did you notice that they ad copy actually does say...

"serious cups for serious performers" ?

tsk, tsk, tsk.
I would say that is a bit of a stretch. Ok, a huge stretch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Faux Paul Faux Plastic Cups! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL