The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Advice from those who have 'served their time' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
I would be interested to hear what advice any entertainers who've crossed the 10 year barrier would give to others. We've crossed over double this and I would say - stick at it, - it get's easier with age and kids entertainment is a lifetime of endless cashflow; and (for the full time pro's) - utilise all that spare time and energy you have with other business ventures! Smile Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
1.Something I have learned the hard way is to make sure you keep family above the magic.

You can't hug a deck of cards.

2. Keep accurate records of expenses and
income

3. Have fun and put yourself into your program. Don't just do stock lines.

Nearly Normal since the 1980's and Magic by Harris, Mime over Matter and other Magical "handles" since 1976.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Harris, you make such a valid point about family (and also not getting into trouble with the taxman). We were never going to let 'the business' get in our way of having a family, and it's nice to hear about another contributor having another child. As one Jewish customer of mine put it so well: "a home without children is like a garden without flowers" Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Either you've been doing it 10 or less. Always go to The Magic Café. They will help you with everything.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
After 50 years, the best advice I can give is:
Have fun yourself, and your audience will, too.
Smile
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
After 22 years, all I can do is agree with Peter and Harris

Smile
braddevant
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of braddevant
After almost 30 years Of performing for children my only advice is the 3 L's. Listen, Learn, Laugh. A child speaks volumes about what they like if you're careful enough to listen. If you stop learning you're dead. Without laghter there is no life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Advice from those who have 'served their time' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL