The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
Rampage
View Profile
New user
Florida
62 Posts

Profile of Rampage
Currenty I carry Cards, Coins (Morgan Dollars, Kennedy Half's) Thumb tip and Rattled.
runt_jorden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of runt_jorden
Cards and ID.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Four Kennedy Half Dollars and a sh..l, two rubber bands, and ID.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Duplicity by John Bannon, deck of cards, Mullica wallet, Standup Monte, Drink by Nathan Kranzo, iPhone for iPredict.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Departure as well as ignition.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
CGillusionist
View Profile
New user
Harrison, NJ
18 Posts

Profile of CGillusionist
I would expect this forum to have a lot of replys lol I carry

-Deck of cards
-rubber bands on my wrist
-loop on the other wrist
-black sharpie
-gimmick cards and flash paper in my wallet (gimmicks for cannible, lit, rapture, duplicates, red cards)
-zippo ace lighter
and if I'm wearing a jacket
- an omni deck
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Hip Pocket Mullica, Coins Across, Extreme Burn and 1/5.
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Up date ,my second departure fell apart , twice shy .
So now it has been replaced with Ring flight revolution .
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
ahattrick
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ahattrick
I usually only have a deck of cards, but I keep a few duplicate cards and a couple of different colored ones in the box as well so I can do a large variety of tricks
ummer21
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ummer21
SS Adams Coin Box ALL THE TIME! Deck of Marked cards. Sometimes a thumb tip.
204rags
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of 204rags
I always carry a couple of different rubber bands to do the jumping rubber band. This is impromptu and easy to do/learn.
murphey
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of murphey
Extreme burn, Ignition, FOB, Iforce, and most importantly my hands.
MagisterFreud
View Profile
Regular user
The 18
135 Posts

Profile of MagisterFreud
Eight tarot cards, a deck of bikes stacked for Fulves' Quick as a Wink, a gaffed coin, a lighter in my coat pocket, business cards and a pen for lots of impromptu mentalism.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I always have a pen with a cap on me, spare change, my business cards with a prediction written on the back, and sometimes go out with a few rubber bands on my wrists....

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
theamazingsauce
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of theamazingsauce
Lately I've been carrying:

A eagle quarter
A jumbo quarter
Captain and Coke 2.0
Pointless, which can be used for Recapped and ungimmicked pen through dollar
TT w/ 6" Silk
and The Amazing Jumping Arrow

Sometimes Sponge balls and bikes if I know someone's going to ask me to perform. Which is almost always.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
4 half dollars, 2 2p coins and 2 2euro coins (both exactly the same size and perfect for transpositions in their hands), a napkin, a silk handkerchief, a ring, rubber bands, strawberry laces, a shoelace, a TT and a deck of cards. If I'm not wearing a jacket, just coins, bands and TT.

However, I am most likely to do borrowed coins effects or TT effects with borrowed objects if I'm asked to perform. A salt vanish while out for a meal is incredibly powerful! This way I don't seem like a weirdo who carries loads of magic around! If they really want more (and I love to perform all the time atm), then I bring out the other stuff, but I've already proved myself by then.
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
I really appreciate the posts. I have recently come back to magic after being away for about 20 years due to being too busy with business and life.
Recently, I have been caught many times without being prepared to perform. In spite of what people say, the best "impromtu" magic, is to me, done with secret preparation or gimmicks.

So I need to decide on a minimal and changing small list of goods to carry with me.
Thanks for all your posts. What you carry reveals more about what works than just about anything else.
Hats off,
Scott
cardsrosescoins
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of cardsrosescoins
Exact change, hundy (of various denominations, can't afford to carry $600), a $1-$5 transpo, THREE by Steve Valentine, and Kolossal Killer (using phoenix double decker cards so my wallet isn't insanely thick). Occasionally I will carry key master or freakey if I feel it's likely I will be performing. Then I can do various tricks with spare change and bills, pens, and whatever is indigenous to the environment.

I used to carry WAY too much in my pockets and it was getting to be absurd. I would carry at least two decks (one gimmicked and one not, at least one or two packet trick wallets, several different coins, it was ridiculous) Then I decided it wasn't worth it to weigh myself down with all the stuff that I wasn't using as often as would justify the bulky pockets.
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
Harry and Preston's comments are worth a re-read ... Prepared but not 'loaded'. That said, I don't think it hurts to have 1 or 2 items knocking about one's person Smile
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
WHAT YOU 'CARRY' IN YOUR HEAD,IS A LOT LIGHTER THAN WHAT YOU CARRY IN YOUR HANDS (OR POCKETS)!

Generic props,(rope, silk(s), coins, cards, balls,TTetc.thatcanbe used to perform many different tricks are a lot more practical than specific props. The 'exception' proves the rule, of course, but, for me, it must be a REAL EXCEPTION!

I've noted that in a lot of the situations that I met in hospitality suites, cocktail hours, etc., "eye candy" effects were the best choice. For example, Out Of This World is an excellent effect, but more suitable for individual close up or parlor programs.

Physical involvement can be a challenge, too. A hospitality suite situation: Spectator is holding a drink in one hand, an hors d'oeuvre in the other. --"Hold this (sponge ball)' or, "Please take a card."!!!

Generic props help me to meet a situation like this.

I once did a 60 minute corporation cocktail hour, with a TT and a book of matches. Bits like Percy Abbott's "Perpetual Balls" have helped me make a living for many years! A 27" 'poly' (not silk)can provide 'knotty' fun. Ditto a 4' piece of rope. Sponge balls are almost limitless in effects! A deck of cards and a routine of fans and flourishes (fancy shuffles and cuts)is one of my (and over the years, many audience's)favorite"tricks".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL