The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I want to clear everything up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1652 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
His latest ebay listing of X has been removed.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1959 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Ths kid is gonna be just as famous as the masked magician!
rippedandrestored35
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of rippedandrestored35
If not more
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Hard to imagine that a 12 year old kiddo can go all the way . . . .
Cards never lie
rippedandrestored35
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of rippedandrestored35
Is this guy dead yet?(Alex)
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1329 Posts

Profile of Piz
Not yet dead, hemorrhoids never die unless smeared with the proper medication. Almost!! We can say for certain that he is having much more hart problems then usual.....'PIZ'
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Just say no to eBay, Xcellent work Peter. This ripp-off levi will not see anymore eBay auctions. I pitty the fool who tries and sells this X at the Café' It will be dealt with.
If you want a laugh next time on ebay search X levitation.
You will get a book called Invisibility and Levitation by no other than
Commander X. Can anyone say conspiracy theory?

Also check out Alex's website for another bad review of his X.


magicmike30
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
warallthetm
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of warallthetm
Quote:
On 2006-11-27 17:06, BillMcCloskey wrote:
If I can say, I don't have a dog in this fight. I've just been monitoring the thread. It never struck me credible that this guy was 12. I have two kids both of whom where 12 at one time and I've never heard a 12 year old express himself the way Alex does. Also if you look at a whois of his website, he is using Domains by Proxie, which is a service designed to hide the identity of the person putting up the site. I don't believe a 12 year old would even know, or have the desire to set up a Domains By Proxie site. My guess is that he is a scammer and is also using multiple identities.

I'm a newby here, but don't discredit kids who are younger. When I was 12, I was coding in php and html, I was a skateboard dealer and I imported factory direct. My domain was by proxy, and I also has a mirror on the ip2.net network. ( the site is still up, though I have discontinued selling stuff http://sk8te.uk.to/ [not proxied anymore]) Right now I'm 14, I own an online magic shop , and have a well established portfolio.

Anyway.....
First off, don't get me wrong, I think alex is a con artists. But to clarify thjings, its not illegal to use a methodology of something. So alex is only doing one thing, false advertising. I wonder if its worth taking a trip into brooklyn (i live like an hour and a half away) I might go saturday to visit my bro at college. I think we would all be less ****ed if he wasn't selling it for 100 bucks. (Its worth eight, maybe). I had the privilege of viewing the dvd my-self (someone I know has it) and all I can say is that its garbage.
Binary
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Binary
Quote:
On 2006-11-30 17:39, warallthetm wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-27 17:06, BillMcCloskey wrote:
If I can say, I don't have a dog in this fight. I've just been monitoring the thread. It never struck me credible that this guy was 12. I have two kids both of whom where 12 at one time and I've never heard a 12 year old express himself the way Alex does. Also if you look at a whois of his website, he is using Domains by Proxie, which is a service designed to hide the identity of the person putting up the site. I don't believe a 12 year old would even know, or have the desire to set up a Domains By Proxie site. My guess is that he is a scammer and is also using multiple identities.

I'm a newby here, but don't discredit kids who are younger. When I was 12, I was coding in php and html, I was a skateboard dealer and I imported factory direct. My domain was by proxy, and I also has a mirror on the ip2.net network. ( the site is still up, though I have discontinued selling stuff http://sk8te.uk.to/ [not proxied anymore]) Right now I'm 14, I own an online magic shop , and have a well established portfolio.

Anyway.....
First off, don't get me wrong, I think alex is a con artists. But to clarify thjings, its not illegal to use a methodology of something. So alex is only doing one thing, false advertising. I wonder if its worth taking a trip into brooklyn (i live like an hour and a half away) I might go saturday to visit my bro at college. I think we would all be less ****ed if he wasn't selling it for 100 bucks. (Its worth eight, maybe). I had the privilege of viewing the dvd my-self (someone I know has it) and all I can say is that its garbage.

Its immorral, and could be considered to be illegal if it can be classed as a trade-secret.


Also :
Anyone can program PHP when they are 12, but IMO you can't program it well until you are older, you need experience of computers/security. Same goes for html/css, you need to learn about design and usability. (And considering that's the site you created at 12, your definition of coding html seems to be using a WYSIWYG editor, no-one codes that messily, and a switch for your pages).

Also, I note that, as far as I can find, when looking through records, SK8TE LTD is not actually a registered limited company (nor has it ever been), thus adding to my belief that 12 year olds can't run businesses. I'm guessing that its illegal to lie about that. I could be wrong about all this though, so please prove me wrong.

Why am I bringing this up? Because these are examples you are using to represent just how well a 12 year old can run a business.

Any 12 year old can release a piece of magic. Do I believe a 12 year old can come up with a good, workable effect? Unlikely. At 12 you are unlikely to have a lot of real-life performing experience. Not impossible, just unlikely as hell.

Sorry for that to sound like a bit of a go at you, I'm just saying, that I don't entirely trust 12 year olds with running any form of business, I believe you have to be at least a little older to understand how to properly run a business.

This is just my opinion, shout at me if you wish
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
[quote]On 2006-11-30 17:39, warallthetm wrote:
[quote]Anyway.....
First off, don't get me wrong, I think alex is a con artists. But to clarify thjings, its not illegal to use a methodology of something. So alex is only doing one thing, false advertising.

think we would all be less ****ed if he wasn't selling it for 100 bucks. (Its worth eight, maybe). I had the privilege of viewing the dvd my-self (someone I know has it) and all I can say is that its garbage.


First off you are right when you say Alex is a Con Artist better term ripp-off artist. Method? This is a Fraken Copy, taking an exsiting product and selling it as your own.

think we would all be less ****ed if he wasn't selling it for 100 bucks. (Its worth eight, maybe).

I'm a angry villager even if Alex was selling this for $9.99. This X levitation is being exposed freely on the internet. Just ask Icarus owners if they are happy about that?

There is nothing good about this X and more than just false advertising has been done here. LSI can't report what is going on behind the X scenes due to legal implications.
LEts just say get ready for an internal cleansing like never before.
Steps have been taken to remove, stop, and give on big "Xtema" to flush this crap right out of the village.

magicmike30
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
This is the dumbest discussion ever. Its like trying to talk a deranged hobo out of thinking he's jesus or something, just let him be. And sue his parents for any damages... they got dough...
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1329 Posts

Profile of Piz
LOL!! Agree Jessiah, very funny. The truth still remains that this little zit is still not yet popped. He is thieving and taking property away from other inventors and claiming as his. This needs to be dealt with till the little Zit is fully drained of his juices, and the juices seem to be flowing very quickly as of lately, mission almost complete (hopefully)....'PIZ'
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
On 2006-12-01 05:03, Jessiah wrote:
This is the dumbest discussion ever. Its like trying to talk a deranged hobo out of thinking he's jesus or something, just let him be.

Momma always said...
"Stupid is as Stupid does." Just check out his latest project.

Axe Productions proudly presents. "The Gump." Check out the You Tube Video.

Have your spectator pick from a box of chocolates then suddenly their hair changes into the Gump. Illusion uses no electronics or stooges.

Alex thinks he is really Forest and should just run Forest run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWmiO4SavZI


magicmike30
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2681 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 02:48, Timothy Church wrote:
I did not buy this dvd so I cant judge it , but I have something else to say.

I'm not saying he hasnt done some bad things with this dvd , but why all attack him like this?
I see these things a lot with big magicians and shops like ellusionist and penguin,, they promise something that you really don't get, and they steal idea's..and tricks...

here's an example: criss angel levitation,, in the demo you see him do a couple of levitations,, and 1 is where he has his arms out and he floats really high and he is surrounded,, ,,nice camera trick,, but he did not teach you it on the dvd.......

and what about the 3 ring circis bij jay sankey, in the demo he says the rings are examinable,, and when you buy the dvd he says it is examinable after the switch,, ......... itnt that a lie too?

why doesn't anybody attack him or angel?? I'm not saying sankey or angel is a lyer,, I'm just saying it happens a lot just to sell the product,, so why pick on this little boy......... I think every magician has been ripped off more then 1 time buying a magic effect or dvd,, right?????????????


Actually, I've seen "attacks" on this board toward both Angel and Penquin Magic for exactly the things you've mentioned in your post. Penquin more so because they were (are?) taking money for knock off effects that weren't theirs to market.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1329 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2006-12-01 06:51, magicmike30 wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-01 05:03, Jessiah wrote:
This is the dumbest discussion ever. Its like trying to talk a deranged hobo out of thinking he's jesus or something, just let him be.

Momma always said...
"Stupid is as Stupid does." Just check out his latest project.

Axe Productions proudly presents. "The Gump." Check out the You Tube Video.

Have your spectator pick from a box of chocolates then suddenly their hair changes into the Gump. Illusion uses no electronics or stooges.

Alex thinks he is really Forest and should just run Forest run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWmiO4SavZI


magicmike30




Mike that was hilarious!! Man I could not stop laughing, so true brother. Take care.....'PIZ'
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
False advertising on this one sorry guys. LSI does not investigate non levis but we just had to see this Gump. There is a gimmick and you have to palm a Flow-bee. If you do not know what that is just google it. This is not pratical or good for walkaround. The worst part is while there is no stooge you create an instant stooge when you start to cut their hair.

What's next a Quick Change rip off. Hmmm from nerd to Gangsta? Sounds like someone we know.
Sadly we uncovered this also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Zc9NyYH-k

Are mods are the best.
Laughter is a great way to control the rage that dwells within the villagers.
magicmike30
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Im not really feelin all this Weird Al junk either... haha Kill this thread! Its only publicity for this little &*#@$
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Amen to that! This thread isn't just beating a dead horse, it's beating the skeletal remains of a dead horse.

Jeff
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Oh come on - without this thread we'd have to get a life.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Exactly! haha... I'm far to busy to even care that much. If I were ripped off by him, or anyone else, I'd go and visit them wherever they live. That would stir things up a bit! Im sure his parents would be surprised too!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I want to clear everything up (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL