The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bury or Cremation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Funny stuff Skip...thanks for that. Knowing Vandy like I do,I'm sure hes rolling on the floor by now..
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
LOL! That's the idea Skip!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Here's one for you ..... The Captain of the Local Golf Club died and his last wish was for his ashes to be placed on the Mantel piece above the fireplace in the Club House so he could be with his friends. As they do, the guys used to stand around the fire after a round in winter drinking and smoking and it wasnt uncommon for a member to knock his cigarette ash in to the Cask of the Honoured gentlemen using it as an ashtray..
During one of these get togethers they were talking about the ex Captain and telling tales from the past and remembering him with fondness. Suddenly one of the members lifts the Cask and says.." Well, I don't think we should feel too sorry for him , he must be OK..he's putting on weight!"

Boom ! Boom !

Howard
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Regardless of your choice, just be careful who you are dealing with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_Crematory
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I also REALLY loved Bill Palmer's idea with the spring snakes. I can see myself doing something like that (Wish I'd thought of it!!) and a year later my friends are shaking their heads saying, "Dang it! Dead a year and he's STILL getting us!!" Dang! Who said death can't be fun!

As I recall, nearly EVERYONE at Andy Kauffman's funeral were fully expecting him to spring out of his coffin at any moment and shout, "HA! Gotcha!"
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2006-11-19 12:46, Skip Way wrote:
I'm in for cremation. My wife wants to put the ashes into sealed keychains so everyone can have a piece of me. Smile Silly Catholics! Ewwwwwwwww!

Skip

Don't laugh! When my brother and his wife came through town on their way back home from her father's funeral, she saw my nitro tablet container I wear around my neck and she asked what I had in it...I told her pills for my heart. Then, she pulled out a smaller container and said, "guess what I have in mine...my daddy!" I was taken aback, and didn't quite know what to say!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Viking funeral!
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Oh...I wish!!!
Except for the part where they send an innocent female along for the ride.
Burning ship, sure.
People screaming for their lives while I am trying to take a nap, not so much.
Gwyd
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I told my wife to creamate me, and she told me "if you die first you will go where I tell them to take you".
AND THAT'S THAT
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
This entire thread kinda reminds me of one of my favorite Hudson & Landry comedy routines: Ajax Mortuary. "Pretty busy, huh? Well, as stiff as that sucker is I don't suppose there'd be any problem balancing him on the back o' my Honda."

:) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
In my will, it has provisions for organ donations and cremation.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
All you who are going to be cremated are going to contribute to GLOBAL WARMING!! do we really need to have your gases in the atmosphere?

I already have a plot next to my sister.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
My mom's neighbor was cremated and buried.

Cremation does not add to global warming!
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My gases are already in the atmosphere. In fact, my wife calls me the KH.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Creamation for me.
I don't care for fire but embalming scares me more.
Save the space for the living.
Jax
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Jax
Cremation for me then my ashes put in a home made rocket and fired off into space - instead of a wake it'll be a Launch Party :o)
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
On 2006-11-21 16:59, Jaz wrote:
Creamation for me.
I don't care for fire but embalming scares me more.
Save the space for the living.

See, now I agree with this. After this life-changing event, we're little more than no deposit-no return empties. What is the corpus being preserved for? Fewer cemetaries...more parks.

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Someone mentioned something similar to what I've always wanted: I wanted to be frozen, but no for the purposes of eventually coming back... I just want my friends to hold a party every year on the anniversary of my death and take me out and use me to cool the drinks.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hey, Greg:

According to some news reports, that 'freezing' idea is not far off the mark. Evidently a new disposal technique being vetted is dipping the deceased in liquid nitrogen, then shattering the corpse into powder. Don't know more than that (caught a snippet on the Science Channel recently) but it seems less macabre than other methods I've heard about. Not that the 'Soylent Green' approach isn't looking more and more trendy and Earth-friendly, mind you...

That bit about the kid in the HM at Disneyland -- complete fabrication. Ask a Cast Member and watch them laugh...or surf on over to snopes.com

Me? I'm a cabinetmaker...guess who's gonna build my little packing crate? As a lifelong gardener, I then anticipate being buried and turned to compost.

Leland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bury or Cremation? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL