The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Stigmata or Ashes on arm? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Hello guys.

I would like to hear some thoughts on this. Both effects are great.
But which effect you think is stronger for the lay audience. Stigmata or Ashes on arm?

thank you
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
Without any doubt in my mind, it is Ashes on Arm.

To me, it is so much more visible, and since you can display your arm for some time prior to the effect being performed, it looks really clean. All you do is a force, and right in front of them it appears with use of ashes, coco powder, sugar, etc...

I have also incoporated the business card force of Stigmata for a prediction on one arm, and a card force on the other arm. Before show, the card force is there. During the show, I do the business card force, turn my back while they show the prediction on the card to the rest of the audience (misdirection), and use the ashes to arm gimmick on the other arm, like you would do Stigmata.

I have only seen open mouths with this routine.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I like Stigmata. I do, however, incorporates some aspects of Ashes on Arm to perform Stigmata. Buy Stigamata as you'll learn one of the best peeks in the DVD - which I think is very worthwhile.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
robert bianchi I didn't ask which one is more visisble. I asked which one is more powerful.

visual or visible doesn't mean it's more powerful
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Ashes on arm. The reveal of Stigamta is too obvious.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1353 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Both are very powerful effects.
it all comes down to your presentation.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
Quote:
On 2006-11-19 17:31, killermagic80 wrote:

robert bianchi I didn't ask which one is more visisble. I asked which one is more powerful.

visual or visible doesn't mean it's more powerful

I was giving you my opinion, as to why it is a better "more powerful" effect, and that is one of the very important reasons. If you believe that it does not answer your question, than so be it, but I think that it does answer your question. In other words, I believe that it is more visible, therefore, I think that it is a more "powerful" effect. The inference here is obvious.

In any event, if you do not believe that having the effect appear more visable on your arm makes it more powerful, than you have that choice. But, it very much answeres your question as I see it.
unorthadux
View Profile
New user
NB, Canada
6 Posts

Profile of unorthadux
I have never had anyone question stigmata, although I have ran into a few situations were the laymen have known the secret to the ashes on the arm trick... I prefer stigmata to the ashes, but that is just personal preference
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Robert bianchi maybe you are right.
but sometimes when you double lift a card and place it face down on the table, and after you "change" the value of that card, it maybe more powerful than a visual colour change.

my idea here was different. yes I agree with you that it is much more visual (and maybe more powerful yes) but I wanted to see how people feel when they see smothing weird starting appearing on your arm. although it may not be as visual, they may perceive it as something spooky, scary I don't know maybe black magic, and though it will be more memorable and different for them.

that was my idea and I wanted to make a discussion on this
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Sigmata all the way.it looks cooler and more entertaing for audinces.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
I think stigmata is by far better in my opinion is less likely to get cut and presentation you can more options
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
I think its more weird. especially if they are influenced by exorcist or stigmata movie!!

but sometimes when they squeeze my erm the redness remains and though the revelation doesn't appear Smile
nbps05
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of nbps05
I like stigmata bc it evolves nothing to carry with you or anything and when done correctly it is amazing
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Do you think performing stigmata often is not good for your skin?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Stigmata or Ashes on arm? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL