The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Latex Dove / Appearing Birdcage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
I own a Norm Nielson Latex Dove and would like to attach to the inside of my appearing Birdcage. I have not used either of them in my act yet because I cant get the fake bird to perch on the bar and stay in place after the production.I have tried several things to try to perch the Latex dove on the bar but none have seemed to work. When I produce the cage the latex dove either tips forward off the perch or tips backwards off the perch.Sometimes it even falls off the perch. Any suggestions on how to attach the latex dove would be greatly appreciated.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Neil, one method is to tie a length of nylon catgut or fishing line to the top of the cage inside and thread it through the top or back of the dove with a needle. Attach the other end of the line to the perch. If you use two such lines, the dove will sit straight and not swing from side to side. Make sure you do this with the cage open so you get the right length of line to keep it tight when the cage is produced. A little experimenting will show you exactly where in the back of the bird to run the line so it doesn't tip forward or back.
Where the magic begins
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
Thanks a lot Dave. I really appreciate it. I will definitely try that out as soon as I can and will let you know how it goes.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You could also attach one end of the line to the top of the cage and the other to the bottom instead of the perch. The lines still run through the rubber dove but it might be easier to do this than attach it to the perch. Experimentation will give you the best results.
Where the magic begins
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
You might want to try self adhesive velcro on perch and dove. Just a thought.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
With the hole in the bottom of the dove, attaching velcro might be a little difficult to make the bird sit upright in the proper position but it might be worth a try.
Where the magic begins
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
Actually velcro was the first thing I attempted and even though it sounded like it would work the hole in the bottom of the dove causes a problem like dave mentioned. But thanks for the suggestion anyways "raywitko".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Latex Dove / Appearing Birdcage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL