The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Wireless headset mikes for Crate taxi/limo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Just ordered a crate limo amp and I'll be needing a battery-run wireless headset mike. Any specific recommendations from Crate users?

Thanks in advance.

DD
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'd like to know the same thing.
one day I'll either be getting one of these or a carvin stagemate.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
From what I've heard, Countryman has the best mics. They're a bit pricey though, $500 or so. But that's just the mic, you still have to plug it into something. I'd like to know the answer too for something that won't break the bank.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
The answer is simple. Use a wired headset mike. Guitar Center $99 sounds great, cost effective. I run the wire down my back and have a 20 foot cord, more than enough really.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Samson makes a great wireless microphone. You can find either a stick mic, lavalier or boom (around face) for about 300-450.

The beauty of theese is there is NO body pack. In other words, there is no wire runnng down your back to a transmitter on your belt. Nothing to get tangles up in.

They are called the Airline series. You can get them in Aerobic style too that repel moisture. I have this system and it has been tremendous!

good hunting.
---
Oops, I forgot to mention that the Samson just like any 12 volt receiver is able to be wired directly into your Crate Amp by just splicing the input plug from your power source and running the wires directly to the battery. Then when you want to plug in your receiver, just do so and you will have power!

I do the same thing and the battery has lasted me anywhere from 10-12 hours with the volume set at about half it capacity.

The headset takes 1 AAA battery and will run about twelve hours.

I cant say enough good things about this set up!
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
I was in need of an inexpensive wireless battery powered microphone and I needed it in a hurry. Then along comes our hero e-bay. I found something that fit the bill from an e-store named “Station Street”.

http://www.stationstreet.ca/dept.asp?id=......rophones

For $49.99 I received a JWL WM-383 VHF wireless microphone and receiver. The transmitter uses one nine-volt battery and the receiver uses two AAA batteries.

So far I am very happy with the sound quality and performance. I have not had any interference of any kind. Before you drop the big bucks you might want to give this setup a try.

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Thanks for the responses -- got a question for Tom: In busking shows, is the cord ever a hazard? Or can you place the amp close enough (without feedback problems) that the cord isn't an issue?

Thanks again.

DD
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
I am with Tom. I can get away with a wired setup and my Shure Dynamic gives me great sound and quality and it is affordable to boot.

Maybe if I was a juggler or an acrobat, then maybe wireless....
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
Sennheiser they ain't cheap but are amazing quality. Many of major act I've brought thur have used them and it's also my house mics. they get used 16 hours a weekend stand up great. They take AAA batteries. I generally use cheap ones and they make 9 hours. I only need them for 8 hours so I figure might as well use cheapy and get a full night than expensive and get a night and a half.
they have a full range from stick to clip on and wrap around. Vocal quality is super clear.
Can't say enough good things about them
check them out here http://www.sennheiser.ca
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Do you ever work in an environment where there might be multiple wireless mics? Trade show floor perhaps? I wonder how much interference you run into with competing transmitters? I'm thinking since I don't get out from behind a table much that Tom's wired rig would do me just fine.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Doc

I use a crate Taxi and a Audio Technica wireless. I power the wireless with a battery pack that I got at Target for about $60. I got it in the automotive dept. I got two of them use one for 4 shows a day at Ren Fairs. I keep the other one as a backup in case I run out of juice. I never have. The wireless I use has 10 channels so I can adjust it if I have a conflict with another wireless.

If you need more in just PM me.

Isaac Fawlkes
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I use a shure mic....wireless headset...it works great also you can wire the reciever into the powre suply and you will never have to by batterys and it will goa good 10 hours without re-charge if you just use the miz by the way I have limo...any tv repair shop can do this...i do this for aliving when I'm not hawking dvd's./...i guess no one really remembers that I was a street performer once?...anyine remember?....i have done big audiences 200 people easy with this system its loud
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I remember...
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
The sennhiser frequency range is from 518-866 Mhz and goes up in .2 mhz so that gives you around 1500 channels not a lot of chance you are going to be using the same signal.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Koz,
I don't remember.

Has anyone compared the Crate Limo with the Carvin StageMate?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Koz is a Busker...

I remember.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
***ed if in know frank
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
This is one thing I really like about my wireless system, which is a MiPro: it has its own built in reciever in the unit. The transmitter came with it and is the size of a pack of cards and takes one 9 volt battery.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Andrew Rusk
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Andrew Rusk
I have to agree with Tom Frank. Wired Headsets are the way to go. They are a lot more reliable, easier to fix if you break them, and you don't need to worry about interference problems.

Unless you're running around on stage (or on the street), I would save your money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Wireless headset mikes for Crate taxi/limo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL