The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi, I'm New » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rparmacek
View Profile
New user
Highland Park, IL. USA
18 Posts

Profile of rparmacek
My name is Bob Parmacek and I am new to the Magic Cafe, but I am pretty old when it comes to being on this planet, and interested in Magic and Magick.

I have been interested in Magic for over sixty years. I grew up in Chicago and haunted the shops of Berland, Irelands, and Abbotts in the ninteen forties and fifties.

At that time I was really into sleight of hand and had some great (I thought they were great) billard ball routines and card production routines.

I took lessons from Sam Berland and a gentleman by the name of Sam Berman who did a wonderful pantomine tramp act. I did gigs at kids birthdays, hospitals, club dates and in college at fraternity parties.

I spent four years in the Navy (Korean War) aboard a large aircraft Carrier (the USS Hancock CVA-19) and spent long months at sea practicing and constantly bothering some of my 3000 shipmates to watch another trick.

I left the Navy and had with me a wife and two children (another to come) and decided that earning a living had priority over doing Magic, at which I was not talented or motivated enough to do full time.

I spent the next forty-six years building a plastic manufacturing business in Food Service and Giftware and sold it to a large public corporation in 1991 and stayed with them for seven years.

I retired in 1999 and got back to my first love Magic and my best love my grandchildren and have been active in I.B.M and S.A.M. ever since.

I do less fingerflicking than I used to but am more into entertaining the audience rather than doing tricks. At this time in my life I cannot envision what it would be like without Magic and the wonderful people like you that make up the art.

Talk to you soon,
Bob
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Hi rparmacek! Smile

Welcome to the "Magic Cafe"

Smile Sixty years in magic! Smile
I'm impressed! Smile

Come in, Come in, tell us your story's Smile

:kisses: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

We all want to here what you have to say!

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Welcome Friend!

I am guessing right now, but my guess would be that you are the old timer here now. And if not, then we are certainly loading up on experience!

Can't wait to hear how things have changed. And how they have stayed the same. We were just talking today locally about how some things are so old they are new again...

And you are new to us here! But we sure are glad you dropped in!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Hi, Bob:

I am glad you have joined us here at the Cafe. It sounds like you have lived a rich life and have much to share with us. I look forward to your posts.

-Marty
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hi Bob!

Thanks for joining us!

You gave an excellent introduction!

Please share some of your experience with us!

Sam Berland, Abbotts, Billiard Ball routines...sounds like some great memories!
Please share some of this with us as it sounds so interesting!

Your Friend In Magic!
Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Bob,
It's good to have you here. I can't wait to here some stories about the magicians who taught you. I'd give anything to have sat at their feet. Please post often.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Bird Brain
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Bird Brain
Welcome to the Magic Cafe, Bob!

Dang, 60 YEARS in magic?!!! You're old! Smile lol Smile (That was said in total fun, so PLEASE don't take offense from it!)

However, I think I could use some of the wisdom, I'm sure you have about the art of magic! I don't have a lot of wisdom! Smile Lol!

HEY, maybe THAT'S why they call me "Bird Brain"! Smile Lol!

It sounds like you had an interesting life! Fill us in on the details, 'specially about getting your shipmates to watch you! I need to learn how to do that, so my family will watch! Smile

Welcome, again!

Bird Brain (my real name is Josh)
Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American Dreams, All of which are American Dreams
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1629 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Welcome to the Cafe!

Take care,
Dorian Rhodell
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Bob.
Pull up a virtual chair over in this corner, where all of us who are approaching "geezerhood" hang out.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
Wow Bob, Welcome to the Cafe, it sounds like you'll be a real asset to all of us.
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
craig fothers
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of craig fothers
...and some of us who aren't approaching "geezerhood" will pull up the chair next to you!

I'd love to hear more! Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Bob,
Very pleased to see a senior here. At least we may have chance to get benefit from your experiences on this planet Smile
I am sure you will spend a big time here. Welcome to the Cafe.

Magical regards
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Welcome to the CAFE!!!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4818 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Wow, the Cafe has grown so quickly, I missed your introduction post! I humbly apologize!
Welcome to The Magic Cafe!
It's great to have a magician with real world experience join our magic family. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi, I'm New » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL