The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Instant payment share setup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I hope it's okay to post about this here. I didn't know what to title this post because I don't know if what I'm looking for even exists.

I'm working on a business deal with a magic dealer (Please no warnings about who to or not to deal with. I'll take my own chances. Smile ).

Let me outline the basics of the deal then I have a question I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction with about it.

Ok, imagine you own a magic company. You set up a deal with me. I can sell your products on my site. When I get an order I'd send percentage to you plus the shipping charge. Then you'd deliver the product to the person who purchased from me.

Basically it's an affiliate or commission program. My question is this. Right now if I where to do this I'd have to copy and paste the shipping information to the company along with their share of the payment. Then they'd ship it out. That's not a lot of work or anything but there will be times where I might be busy and not be able to show up on the computer for a day or two.

Is there a way to set this up (Paypal or my own merchant) that when a purchase is made from my site the money is instantly divided (--%+shipping, product information and mailing address to them/ --% to me)?

I know there are affiliate programs out there but they are set up on the dealers end. This is a deal that's not made for everyone so I'll have to set it up on my end. As in programmed into my "Buy now" or "Shopping cart" buttons.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions you might have.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2429 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Actually, it's more like a "drop-shipping" plan. Can't enlighten you, but the Paypal people have been fairly responsive to me when I've asked them questions directly.

Also, it seems web-hosting providers these days have all sorts of shopping carts to add to your site (some free, some not) - tech details for each probably differ vastly, and integrating them into your web might be a job for a pro (and not just a "website design" pro, but a real tech expert). Start by asking how/when/what to your web host. If your web host is a dinosauric idiot, check with powweb.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks rossmacrae.

I did some searching and the Drop Ship does look something like what I need. The only problem is I'm finding many places that offer it with their own products. But I can't find an instant method on my end (The seller).

Thanks again. It gave me some info to start on.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Again, Thanks for the info.

I've found many company's that drop ship. I just still can't find a way to make it instant. I'm only posting again to get this toawrd the top of the page in this section in hopes someone who might know what I should lokk into might see it.

What I need is a way to make it instantly do this.

I place a "Buy Now" or "Shopping cart" button on my site for a product.

When they pay for the product 40% of that goes to my account. 60% plus shipping, product info and mailing address goes to him (The drop ship supplier).

That's pretty much it. I just can't beleive that with all the drop ship businesses out there that no one has bothered to make an instant way to handle it. I'll just cut and paist until I find it but the only reason I want to find an instant way is to speed the prosecc up. Especially if for some reason I'm away from the computer for a day or two.

Ron Jaxon

leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
I think the PAYMENT end would have to be manual. Easiest way would be to put CC on file with the drop shipper and let them do the charging from their end.

You could set up a seperate shopping cart that just Fwds orders to that dealer.

If you have a good relationship with them, you could at LEAST have all your orders go to both locations, a copy to you a copy to the dealer, and they can pull out their own items etc.

The only thing that would be "manual" then would be the payment end of it.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks. That might be helpful. then at least they'll know they got the order and I'll send them the payment manually.

Could you refer me to a place to walk me throught setting that up? I'm not so lazy I won't read to learn how.. LOL

Ron Jaxon

leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Well, the shopping cart I use will interface with paypal, and you can have orders e mailed to two addresses...

mals-e.com A VERY good system and VERY versatile!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks everyone.

I think what I'll do for now is just forward the sale Email notification my myself and my supplier. So we'll both know a sale has been made and get the product and address instantly. The company will be able to get the product ready to ship. I'll have to manually forward the money but I won't have to bother sending them all theinformation. Just the total ammount for the sales made.

Someday someone should put together a system for this though. It seems there's a need for it. in my search I found many queries for it but no one seems to have a method.

Ron Jaxon

Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
I use Kagi to process payments, and they have the ability to split payments among multiple recipients.

http://www.kagi.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Instant payment share setup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL