The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.A.M. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Happy Thanksgiving from the South Carolina Association of Magicians
January 12 and 13, 2007
Columbia, SC

To register, go to http://www.scamcon.org

We're Thankful to have these great magicians at SCAM 2007: Dan Sylvester, David Regal, Arthur Trace, Tim Sonefelt, Luke Dancy, Jessica Reed, Mick Ayres, and more to be announced... We’re also thankful for all the magicians and their families who have supported SCAM all these years...Thank you!

The 2007 convention will be our 12th annual celebration of magic in Columbia, SC. Make plans to join us Friday, January 12 and Saturday January 13 for six great lectures, the cabaret show, dealer room luau, close-up show, stage contest, close-up contest, and the stage magic gala show finale!
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
I was not sure you guys were having a convention this year. There was not any information last month about SCAM. Kind of short notice, don't you think?
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Sorry you didn't get the word sooner. We've had the dates established and posted for a few months now. I think the first ad hit the Linking Ring and MAGIC Magazine in October (which is typically when we start advertising). If you've attended in the past, you will receive a registration packet in the mail soon or you can register on-line at http://www.scamcon.org.

The line-up looks pretty awesome again this year with one more close-up performer yet to be announced.

Are you going to register?

Posted: Nov 30, 2006 8:35pm
Our dealer room will be packed again this year. We're also having a late night magic auction on Saturday night. So, that's another opportunity to pick up some cool magic.

We're having a Luau in the Dealers Room on Friday night. Make sure you wear your tackiest hawaiian shirt and enter the "hula" hoop contest. Some of the dealers who will be there include: Daytona Magic, Columbia Magic, Trickmaster, Conley's House of Magic, Dancing Spring, BJW - Magical Jewelry, and Tim Sonefelt's Magic Wondery.

It should be a fun convention. I hope you can make it.
majikworks
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, FL
18 Posts

Profile of majikworks
Are there prizes associated with the competitions?
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Majikworks, typically the winner receives a plaque for first or second place in their division. You also receive the recognition of winning such a well known contest at a prestigious convention...eh em.

We'll announce the "yet to be announced" close-up performer in a couple of days. Any guesses? And no, it's not David Copperfield.
Southwest Sam
View Profile
New user
Indiana
59 Posts

Profile of Southwest Sam
I am considering attending the SCAM convention pending my vacation request approval at my day job. I'd really like to see Sylvester the Jester in person and so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will hopefully see ya'll there.

~SAM Smile
Now performing as...
-Suitcase Sam
& his Ukulele
Music ~ Comedy ~ Magic
www.facebook.com/SuitcaseSam
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Same I hope you can make it. I know how it is having to get approval on vacation requests. My fingers are crossed for you.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Hage....still looking on website for dealer info. Saw what was above, but it is 30days til convention. Can you update that list (above) at least for us Café' guys?
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
I apologize, I've been slammed at my day job, but I will get some dealer information up (God willing) this weekend. Typically I'd include a link to their website, but I may just be able to put the names out there.

In addition to the dealers listed above, the talent will also have a rotating schedule to be at the tables. So if you don't get to the lecture part, but still want to by their stuff, you can pick it at their dealer table.

Posted: Dec 14, 2006 6:57pm
We are pleased to announce that Paul Cummins will be a lecturer and performer at SCAM in January.

Also, the early registration special is good through December 31!

visit http://www.scamcon.org to register.
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I wanna go to the pizza party.....hahahaha, Great idea for the kids Smile
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Last year for the teen pizza we had Joshua Jay. We actually had some adults try to stop in and listen. Sorry, they has to leave. Oh the joy of being a teen.
Matt
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Well, I guess Smile ditto....if we had a bar jam session.
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Well lets have one!

Posted: Dec 22, 2006 4:42pm
Just a reminder when you are booking your hotel room, tell the hotel that you are with the SCAM (or South Carolina Association of Magicians) convention.

See you there!

Posted: Dec 24, 2006 8:42pm
Merry Christmas from SCAM.

Posted: Dec 25, 2006 11:04pm
Only six more days to take advantage of the early registration special!!! Don't miss it.

http://www.scamcon.org
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Looks like it is going to be a great convention. Can't wait!
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I really enjoyed scam last year, I hope I can make it again this year.
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Hope to see you there Sir Pharaul.
Matt
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Maybe next year guys I will be caught up enough to come there again. Might even do the act.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Sounds good Richard.
Matt
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I am traveling up with two other guys. Got the hotel, and will register tomorrow.

Looking forward to this!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.A.M. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL