The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » New Ideas on Reality Twister » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Although Reality Twister has just been released, it has REALLY caught on for those who have purchased it. There have been LOTS of very interesting ideas already starting to be worked on based on Reality Twister. Many people have started to play with it and have already created some terrific ideas... some using props other than the pen, some with cool additions to the pen, some wonderful handling tips, etc.

Paul Harris himself has developed several additional VERY good ideas. A few of Paul's friends have already submitted some great ideas. Paul is planning on putting out a booklet featuring some of the various ideas he and his friends have come up with. Thus if you have new routines, handlings, offshoots, tips, etc. that we should consider for possible inclusion in the Reality Twister booklet, please e-mail them to me directly. (TIMTRONO@aol.com) I will then forward the ideas to Paul.

Any submissions will be kept in absolute strict confidence. No ideas will be used until we receive your final permission once the booklet shapes up and we discuss it with you further. Please also ensure you describe the ideas in as much detail as possible. Also ensure to include your contact information so we can get in touch with you.

Paul and I are looking forward to hearing some of your ideas with Reality Twister. It offers some truly amazing offshoots.

Tim Trono
Dominique
View Profile
New user
Paris (France)
47 Posts

Profile of Dominique
Effectively, RT is this kind of gimmick which unleashes the imagination: I have just discovered it (and asked few questions on this forum-but unfortunatly, I think is not available so far in France) and I have already so many enthusiastic ideas with it: it seems actually a very powerful principle. The trick is to build routines which justify the use of a glass block.

Everybody, who loves or dislikes RT -have a look on the other thread- has understood of course, is an optical illusion: in order to understand if my ideas on the same principle are viable, I have also contact a university physic teatcher in order to understand deeply the process-no answer so far: I believe is about polaryzed materials, but my physic knowledges are a little bit short...(http://acept.la.asu.edu/PiN/act/color/color.shtml)
So I'm currently looking for other sources about the exact optical principle of RT-needed in fact to create really new applications: may you help me?
Cordially,
Dominique
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
529 Posts

Profile of sludge
Dominique, I am sure you could order the Reality Twister from a US dealer, I bought mine from magicsmith with very good service and delivery time.

Tim, I have emailed you my ideas I had in the space of an hour of receiving mine this morning...
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Quote:
I believe is about polaryzed materials, but my physic knowledges are a little bit short.
So I'm currently looking for other sources about the exact optical principle of RT

I'm glad you are interested in the science involved, which I have explained (somewhat) below. You will however need to do some further research to understand some of the optics involved. I am purposefully not
"exposing" the exact nature of the effect on this open forum.

On a very fundamental level there is a form of Polarization, i.e. the linear arrangement of optical projections. But no, the lens is not "polarized" in the normal sense (like sunglasses).

It is related (but not the same) to the
"Fresnel Lens", invented by the French physicist Augustin-Jean Fresnel in the 1800's.

To understand the optics involved in a Fresnel Lens, see http://www.howstuffworks.com/question244.htm

One might say the RT lens is a "Linear Fresnel", but that is not quite accurate (although that variety does exist). It is in fact what is known as a "Lenticular Fresnel" (or Flat Lenticular Lens).

As amazing as the optics are, it is the minds of Paul Harris and Lubor Fiedler that found its potential for magic. It is up to the magician to realize this potential and create the magic.

Readers can PM me if you would like to learn how to make your own twisted pens (much better than those supplied), and some simple presentational ideas to help overcome the common concerns with the effect like; "it's just an optical illusion", "it looks like a lens", "I can't pass out the props", "too propy", etc.

Michael Sibbernsen
Mentalist / Magician
(Ex. Physics and Astronomy Professor)
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2120 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Please refer to my Routine in the "We Double Dare You" section... Smile
*ISOLATION /QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls eBooks:
- Now just $20 each! PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com

Many reviews of 'The Safwan Papers' :
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

Reviews of "THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
Dominique
View Profile
New user
Paris (France)
47 Posts

Profile of Dominique
Thanks M. Sibbernsen for your detailed answer. I understand your reserves to go deeply in your explanation on this forum-I was also hesitant asking such questions on this forum.

I'm going to try to look further into the principle involved in RT because knowing accurate specifications is needed in order to build some new illusions on it.

Understand completly the phenomenon is necessary for angles, distances, colors used.
For example, is it possible to use square glass block (lense) rather than a rectangular one? I don't see why not at first sight. It will help to conceal the necesseary 90-turn of it (you put once the block, everything goes right, you put it again -concealing the quarter-turn easier because of the square shape and the pen is vanished in his center.
Cordially,
Dominique
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » New Ideas on Reality Twister » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL