We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Kevin James Snow Animator 4.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
850 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Has anyone actually purchased this yet? I would like to see a review or video. I owned the original snow animator and used it for years.

I would like to hear from people who have actually used or seen this.

Thanks for your help!

Lou
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
850 Posts

Anyone?
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
If you cantact Kevin James, I'm sure that he can sent you a demo of his new snow animator. Before to buy the snow animator 3, I've asked him to see a demo and he sent it to me the week after.

Johnny
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
850 Posts

Thanks Johnny. It's worth a try.

Lou
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
This version surprises us, it is so portable.
It also makes ppl who has bought the 3 old versions unhappy......
I would like to hear some reviews of this 4.0 version.
Thanks everybody who has purchased it.
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
eb02
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of eb02
I have seen it on FISM.
Kevin demonstrated it several times.
It looks nice and pack small.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
I heard it's LOUD....
Aspology
View Profile
New user
Belgium
52 Posts

Profile of Aspology
Quote:
On 2006-11-29 09:28, eb02 wrote:
I have seen it on FISM.

I saw it standing there, and the result on the floor ;-)
Dare 2 believe in magic
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2006-11-29 11:22, Wade Live wrote:
I heard it's LOUD....

What ? I couldn't hear you, I was using the Snow Animator 4.0

LOL Smile
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
Hahahah
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Hahahahahaha!!! a good one! ;-)))) Use a good hair dryer instead... Smile it won't cost you 1500$
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
All jokes aside--

I'm confused by what I'm hearing. I've owned all 3 animators. The first was ground-breaking in effect, but loud. The second was stream-lined, much more quiet, but became bigger and heavier as a result. The third had all the benefits of the second, without all of the bulk.

So, logically, I'm asking myself, why would Kevin take 3 steps back in terms of the noise, only to make the housing slightly smaller than version three?

Are we just spreading rumors of, "what we've heard so-and-so say", or does anyone have first-hand knowledge that it is louder than the second or third version? (And keep in mind, seeing a demo of any of the animators--close-up-- where you would never be from an audience standpoint, might make anything seem "loud". Would love to know.

Thanks,
Keith Jozsef
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-11-30 18:05, Keith Jozsef wrote:
All jokes aside--

I'm confused by what I'm hearing.

Are we just spreading rumors of, "what we've heard so-and-so say", or does anyone have first-hand knowledge that it is louder than the second or third version? (And keep in mind, seeing a demo of any of the animators--close-up-- where you would never be from an audience standpoint, might make anything seem "loud". Would love to know.

Thanks,
Keith Jozsef

Well said Keith,

I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine Kevin taking a step backward. I expect that anyone hearing the prop in an offstage environment might come to the "loud" conclusion. I suspect it IS indeed quieter than past verisons on stage. Maybe someone who purchases one can eventually fill us in.

Best,

Tim
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
One other note about the animator--

I'm holding out for the verdict on version 4, before possibly going back to version 2 (believe it or not). Here's why--

Some of the feedback that I've received from close friends/other spectators about version three, is that some people believe the snow is coming out of the box. After reviewing tape form my last show, I finally saw what they meant. The initial snow that shoots up has a tendancy to fall back toward the box and get "re-animated", if you will. I can see how some peoples eyes might see it as coming from the box. And because the unit must be manually shut off, once my empty hands seperate athe the end of the routine, other falling snow gets re-animated, if only for a few seconds, until the unit is turned off.

You see, that's what I loved about the stools. The moment you wanted the animator to start and stop, it was under your control. It is my assumption that version 4 is using the same method as version 3? This is one other thing that might deter me from "upgrading". If I encounter the same problem I'm having now, I might just "upgrade" back to version 2!

Has anyone else encountered the above problem?

Thanks,
Keith Jozsef

p.s. Tim-- I hope the new table is flying high!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-11-30 18:36, Keith Jozsef wrote:
p.s. Tim-- I hope the new table is flying high!

Hi Keith,

That is surely is. The extra weight was no problem at all. Just like you said it was VERY easy to adjust too. I think I got all my money's worth the very second I let go of the cloth to open the box and the volunteers mouth dropped open. It was priceless. You gotta get one of those boxes man!!!!

Best,

Tim
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
850 Posts

Hey Guys,

I e-mailed Kevin James directly for more info and a possible video demo. I had Snow Animator 1 (I purchased #12) and was pleased with it. Hopefully this will be the best of all of them. I'll let you know after I learn something from Kevin.

Lou
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
I have to agree with Keith about the (2.0) stool being somewhat more effective. I love the idea of sitting down while performing this effect. Also, you can use the stool for other parts of your show that are intimate or storytelling style pieces. Also, it can act as an impromptu table for some effects as well. I use mine throughout the show so it doesn't look odd being brought out just for the end.

Just my $.02

David
eb02
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of eb02
As I seen it at FISM in action, there was some noise but on stage with music no one will hear it. This version has a swich that you may close whenever you want.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
151 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi !

I bought the snow animator version 1 six years ago and I am really happy with it ! I guess it's the best model and the noise is not really a problem if you work on stage. I have done hundreds of shows with it and I never had any problems...

I agree with the posts of David Garrity and Keith Jozsef.

It's very important to switch off the wind with your foot before the end of the act and to take you bows without having to put your hands in a box...

I really would like Kevin puts new products on the market ...but not snow animator number 4 ,5 ,6...

I have the bowl-arama too and I would like to thanks Kevin for these greats two effects !
regards
allan
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Is this really a strong finale as it says in his ad? I'm considering in getting it but now I'm confused what to get, 2,3 or 4. Doesn't the stool look suspicious looking?
http://www.kjmagic.com/catalog/art/snow_animator_II.jpg

How many of you use it as a finale???
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Kevin James Snow Animator 4.0 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL