We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Kevin James Snow Animator 4.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
I've used it as a finale ever since the first one came out! It really is strong--provided you put together a great presentation (like we're supposed to do with every piece we perform!) But especially with this piece, the presentation is what makes the illusion...the animated snow is just a magical exclamation point.

You'll hear magicians moan and groan that snowstorm in China has been done to death...but I'll tell you--the reality of the situation is that few people have the kind of exposure to the wide variety of magic as we do. I've had a few people tell me that they have seen "something similar" four score and seven years ago...but that "so and so didn't do it like you did!"

I just think that the storyline should be entertaining enough to be a stand-alone. Then once the confetti starts to fly--spontaneous applause!!!

Keith Jozsef
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
Put me in the category of:
Animator III for my Finale...
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
I just saw an act perform a version of the KJ Snow Animator (not the latest version), but the performer added in extra machines blowing in more snow from the sides of the stage. It was clear that the extra "snow" was coming from off stage. It might add to the amount of snow flying but I'm not sure it added anything to the effect.
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I really don't think NOISE is a problem, because this is a STAGE item.
I want to know how we can switch it off.
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
eb02
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of eb02
By using the switch...
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Quote:
On 2006-12-01 03:53, allan31 wrote:
Hi !

I bought the snow animator version 1 six years ago and I am really happy with it ! I guess it's the best model and the noise is not really a problem if you work on stage. I have done hundreds of shows with it and I never had any problems...

I agree with the posts of David Garrity and Keith Jozsef.

It's very important to switch off the wind with your foot before the end of the act and to take you bows without having to put your hands in a box...

I really would like Kevin puts new products on the market ...but not snow animator number 4 ,5 ,6...

I have the bowl-arama too and I would like to thanks Kevin for these greats two effects !
regards
allan

Watch what I quoted and you may understand what I meant.
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Does anyone have the Snow Animator 4.0 yet? I just want to know if it's really more quiet and more powerful compared to the previous models.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
382 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Hey Lou,

Finally got mine. It looks great and it travels really well. On the plus side KJ shares his method of creating killer snowstorm loads and it is BEAUTIFUL.

The prop looks very un-assuming, it would look great on stage or at a club...But its loud... You definitely need your music pumped up. Overall however
the prop is fantastic and looks great.
"Challenge Your Reality"
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
Sounds good..~

Is there any "angle" problem for staging the device??
Jethro Magic
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Jethro Magic
I've seen the Snow Animator 4.0 at Kevin James shop in vegas.it's a nice prop,packs small,lightweight,but the motor is louder compared to the other 3 versions of the Snow Animator.this is a stage prop so nothing to worry about.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2006-12-31 19:15, Jethro Magic wrote:
I've seen the Snow Animator 4.0 at Kevin James shop in vegas.it's a nice prop,packs small,lightweight,but the motor is louder compared to the other 3 versions of the Snow Animator.this is a stage prop so nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Kevin James advertisement:

This version of the Snow Animator is the best model to date. Using new technology we have been able to shrink the size and weight of the props. The sound is lower and the snow goes higher!!!

I am still dubious about the sound of this. I have a number 2 (second hand) and that is just fine. I do want a smaller model however.

Any more comments on the sound level of this latest model?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Well, I have seen it at FISM close-up and it is LOUD.

You need a lot of music to cover the noise. The snow animator 3 makes less noise, that I can assure you.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
851 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
BTW, I never heard back from Kevin James.

Lou
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
I played with one the other night like it a lot, still prefer the 2nd model but this one is real compact. Its loud but not as bad as I expected from the comments in this thread
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
851 Posts

How does it compare in power (lift) and noise compared to Snow Animator #1 (Stool)?

Thanks!

Lou
Brian M.
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Brian M.
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 17:01, illusions & reality wrote:
How does it compare in power (lift) and noise compared to Snow Animator #1 (Stool)?

Thanks!

Lou
]

I've been waiting to hear a response to Lou's question.

Anyone out there who's purchased #4 and can objectively compare it to previous models they've owned and performed with?

Brian
Lello999
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Lello999
Hi there

It might be a little OT, but I saw or better own a video of Kevin James doing a snow routine (with a snow animator) without using any stool, table, box or what ever. The routine he was doing is the same, that he uses version 1 and 2, but before the snow is appearing he is walking towards the audience and produces the snow (again, no stool, box, what every close to him!). I think the video was taken before DC copied the snow routine, so it´s quite old.
Does anybody know anything about it? Was it a prototype or something like that?

Thanks a lot
Domenik
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
851 Posts

The video has nothing to do with Snow Animator #4. The video of Kevin James doing that has the mechanics in the floor or small platform. It only works in theaters where you will be there for awhile and can do modifications to the stage.

Lou
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I spoke with Kevin at the WMS and he was quite surprised that people say it is louder than the other units. HE is quite emphatic that the new model is an improvement. He also has a new costume change coming out that looks very exciting.

Dan.
incompletefaro
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of incompletefaro
Can someone who owns ver.4.0 provide a comprehensive review of the same?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Kevin James Snow Animator 4.0 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL