The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Immortality by Tim Hendry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
I just tried the Shopping Cart, and it worked fine.

I do always wish the e-books, and the instant downloads, would be activated as soon as the payment has been verified. That is not that hard to set up. I have already waited 2 or more days for the so called "Instant Download".

But the cart did work.

Phil
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Is there a demo video of this yet?

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
pkson79
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of pkson79
Phil, if you know how to set up an instant download, then please let me know.
at the moment, it is not an 'instant download'. that is what it says on the product page. (it will be shipped within 24 hours)

We have confirmed your payment, (assuming you're the same Phil from Palmerton, PA) as with other orders for other products, and we have sent the links and shipped the DVDs accordingly.

I do not understand the 'waited for 2 days' part because payment was made a couple of hours ago.

Thanks.
PK
http://atomiczebra.com
http://themooloolabashuffle.com
Not necessarily a new user, just lurking for 10 years, and either agreeing or disagreeing silently.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2007-01-25 18:15, pkson79 wrote:
Phil, if you know how to set up an instant download, then please let me know.

Not too easy to explain, but it can be set up with your PayPal account.
Quote:
We have confirmed your payment, (assuming you're the same Phil from Palmerton, PA) as with other orders for other products, and we have sent the links and shipped the DVDs accordingly.

I did get the emails with the links, quite fast I might add. Excellent service.
But the links did not work. I am sure this will be worked out though, and I am not complaining, just helping to get the kinks out.

Quote:
I do not understand the 'waited for 2 days' part because payment was made a couple of hours ago.

I did not mean 2 days from you, I apologize if that is what it sounded like. I have waited two days from other parties, and some I have never recieved to this day yet. And they were all advertised as "Instant Downloads".

The speed on your return emails was super fast.

Phil
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Thanks PK. I finally got my order through. I used my regular CC without having to use my paypal account. I look forward to reviewing this effect.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2007-01-25 18:15, pkson79 wrote:
Phil, we have confirmed your payment, (assuming you're the same Phil from Palmerton, PA) as with other orders for other products, and we have sent the links and shipped the DVDs accordingly.

PK

Hi Pk,

Just a friendly reminder that the links that you sent me did not work.

The link to the pdf file returns a HTTP 404 error page.

And the link to the download page, does load the page, but the page states that my download has expired or I do not have authority to download the file. This was on the first attempt as well as every attempt since.

Thanks in advance,
Phil
service189
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of service189
Did anyone get this yet?
pkson79
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of pkson79
Yes, I have just fixed that.
Sorry for the problems. Going live with kinks. Hope you understand.
(it was a typing error. of the file link. sure it works now.)

I have sent everyone (wow, lots of people are interested..) the correct link and replies.

thanks for you interest.

PK.
Not necessarily a new user, just lurking for 10 years, and either agreeing or disagreeing silently.
service189
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of service189
Got tired of waiting, just ordered it, wonder how long it will take to get this INSTANT download I hope not 24hrs.
service189
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of service189
Just got the download, didn't take long at all to get, the method is what I thought nothing ground breaking. you are dirty before the trick and after but its still a good trick, no force, any card can be used as long as it matches the gimmick if you get the trick you'll know what I mean
tim_06
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of tim_06
Quote:
On 2007-01-26 21:49, service189 wrote:
Just got the download, didn't take long at all to get, the method is what I thought nothing ground breaking. you are dirty before the trick and after but its still a good trick, no force, any card can be used as long as it matches the gimmick if you get the trick you'll know what I mean

Hello.

First off I would like to clear some things up.

You are not dirty before the effect, you become "dirty" right when you are about the puncture the card. Yes you do end dirty but after one very simple move you are completely clean. Believe it or not any gimmick will work with this, it does not matter if they are the same, I have performed this countless times using a gimmick that is different, you just need to adapt it; I will talk to Pk Son about adding the adaptation in to the PDF file.

Thanks A lot Tim
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I received this, and I will post a review once I have a chance to work with it. One thing that should be addressed however is the size of the pictures in the document. They are very hard to see because they are so small. Just an initial thought. MSR.
tim_06
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of tim_06
Hmm thanks for bringing that to my attention. No no one else has mentioned that. I will consider this in the future.

Thanks A lot Tim
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I recently received my copy of Immortality, so here are my thoughts.

After seeing the video, I immediately thought to myself 'Nice, but it looks a lot like Peter Eggink's A.E. 2.0, but done with a card.' If the effect looks familiar to you, that very well could be why. Apparently, Tim has spoken with Peter, and Peter gave his blessing for this release. I am very glad to see Mr. Hendry do his homework, and give credit where it is due. If more creators followed this model, we would have far fewer 'repeat' or 'knockoff' effects.

For those that don't know, Immortality is a pen thru card effect. A card is folded in half, and punctured with a pen in a very clean fashion. Upon removing the pen, and unfolding the card, it is seen that the card is none the worse for wear.

While the effect may not be ground breaking, it is a clever piece nonetheless. The effect is quite strong on a layperson, and for that reason alone makes Immortality worth taking a look at.

As far as the actual product goes...

When you get the Immortality PDF, you will immediately notice is has a distinct 'homebrew' flavor, meaning that it is apparent this is not a professionally produced product. The photos are on the smallish side, and are not of great quality, but they do get the ideas across.

The actual written explanation also has a few minor issues. Mr. Hendry is a clever fellow, but not much of an author. There are a few grammatical errors here and there, but the biggest issue is that it seems the PDF is not complete. Early on, Tim explains that there are 2 methods, but only goes on to explain 1.

Overall, Immortality is a good effect, even if not completely original. If the author would bring in some outside professional assistance to edit, photograph and layout the PDF, as well as offer more routines or ideas, it would help greatly. Unfortunately, the production values are far below industry standards, but with some increased care and production value, this would be a no brainer purchase. As it stands, Immortality is a good (if not completely original) trick by a clever guy that is marred by some simple production issues. For the price, however, you can't complain.

Definitely worth checking out.

Fields
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Where is the video? I didn't see it on the site.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
tim_06
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of tim_06
Hey.

Thanks for the review Sean.

I just wanted to let you know that I am actually in the process of re-doing the PDF file with the assistance of my cousin (she is an English professor).

There is no video, I showed Sean the effect over web cam.

Thanks Tim
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Hi Tim. For those that have purchased already, will we automatically get an updated copy? Thanks.
tim_06
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of tim_06
Hello.

Yes, for everyone that has purchased the effect, they will be sent an up dated copy.

Thanks Tim
pkson79
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of pkson79
Wow, thanks for the review Sean indeed.

Rest assured that the other products will be produced in a much higher quality. (as is our other products). I will personally look into all productions (even Tim's) from now on, so things will only get better. (our PDFs even have tons of pictures and even videos.)

Thanks for the review Sean. Would it be OK if I quoted you for the product page?

Thanks
PK
tim_06
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of tim_06
Hey everyone.

I am really sorry but I have been extremly busy with school and work. I have not gotten a chance to work on the new pdf file for Immortality because my computer crashed; Although I do have my new one now.

I cannot give you an exact date for when the new Immortality Pdf file will be done, but I promise you that it will be a lot better!

Thanks

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Immortality by Tim Hendry (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL