The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movie scenes that made you teary-eyed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Schindler's List
What would Wavy do?
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
"The Elephant Man" for me too...the final scene, when he wants to sleep as a 'normal' person. But also when John Merrick recites the Psalm, and You realize he's an intelligent, conscious man...you can't help to cry, thinking of what such a person must have suffered.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I Am Sam

Hardball when G-Baby get hit by the bullet

There's a few others I can't think of.
docmagik
View Profile
Regular user
San Bernardino, CA
119 Posts

Profile of docmagik
Oh, yeah, I forgot I Am Sam. My wife had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days after my first daughter was born, and so I took her home without my wife. I cried through a lot of that movie, but especially at the start.
qwism
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of qwism
Good Will Hunting, When Robin Williams is his office with Matt Damon, finishing up his weekly psych evalutations by saying "It's not your fault" repeatedly.... Hits home.
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
272 Posts

Profile of elmago
The last scene from the movie "Best of the Best" when the loser, in a Tae Kwon Do tournament, gives himself to the winner as his brother for sparing his life and not taking revenge for killing his older brother in another tournament years before.

When "Rudy", playing for Norte Dame, makes the sack againt Geogia Tech in the last scene. You just feel so good for him you want to cry.

When Dumbo gets to see his mother locked up in the click, after she had a fit just trying to protect him from bullies, is just so warm.
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
The last time I cried in a movie was during the last scene of "Mr. Holland's Opus."

Just thinking about all the ways my life may have touched people that I don't even know about, and seeing the emotion on everyone's face in that scene, gets to me.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
"i am sam" was moving. "Robocop" where the cop try to destroy him and he is saved by Lewis."Vanilla sky" when David says goodbye to Sofia."Man on fire" the ending.Wrestling-the end of the Bret Hart/Benoit "Owen Hart tribute" match
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
So many come to mind:

The "lightbulb" moment in "Sullivan's Travels."

Theoden, newly restored to sanity and mourning at the grave of his son, "LOTR."
[We'll leave it at that...otherwise the entire list would be filled with tear-jerker scenes from the most remarkable film trilogy in memory.]

Hepburn and O'Toole's farewell scene in "The Lion In Winter."

The "Iron Giant's" resurrection.

Giosue "winning" his tank at the end of "Life Is Beautiful."

The five brothers walking/flying away at the end of "The Fighting Sullivans."

Mildred Natwick's death scene, ("...no one to tell your little secrets to...") "Three Godfathers."

And, yes, George Bailey's friends dumping money into a basket during the finale of "It's A Wonderful Life."

Merry Christmas, Magi.

Leland
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
One to add:

The table scene from Shrek, accompanied by the haunting "Broken Hallelujah."
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Pursuit of Happyness....wow.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I double that one Jordini. I just saw it yesterday.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Platoon
Deer Hunter
Saving Private Ryan
Passions
Ghost (Saw it the week after my daughter died)
Old Yeller
Dennis Michael
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
A recent one for me was the new Rocky. It had to do with some nostalgic memories. When it first came out I was on my very first strict diet plan and had just started to exercise... watching it made me work harder at my plan. Recently I've been on a strict plan again that's been working and seeing the movie brought back the memories.
I have a lot of personal memories tied to Rocky and watching this film brought them back and brought many tears to my eyes. It a very nice ending to the Rocky saga.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
The Sixth Sense.
When Haley Joel Osment replied "All the time" to his mother's question.
Bernard Sim
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Nice thread.

End of Dead Poets, and other scenes in it. Class film.

Elephant Man, I always remember the end sleep scene.

AI, again just think of what I could have been doing instead (though my wife quite liked it)

Others I'm sure, but I can't remember at the moment. There are lots of good movies here though, I think I'll go to the shop and rent some.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
How could I have forgotten "It's a Wonderful Life"? Leland remembered and I agree.

In my opinion it's of the best film ever made. Not just the best of Christmas movies, all movies. When George says "I wanna live again, please God, let me live again". That gets me. Then pretty much everything from then on. The last 15-20 minutes of the movie. George running down the streets yelling Merry Christmas, finding his family back at home, the knob coming off of the staircase, all the friends coming in with the money, the telegraph from Sam Wainwright,George finding the copy of Tom Sawyer and the Bell ringing.

Oh man, that's powerful stuff.

I can't even watch "It's a Wonderful Life" with another human being in the room. Teary eyed? No, more like weeping uncontrollably. LOL it's really pretty pathetic.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
polkablues
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
121 Posts

Profile of polkablues
The end of "Waking the Dead" with Billy Crudup and Jennifer Connelly is the most gut-wrenching thing that's ever been put on film. (If anyone else here has actually seen this movie, I'll buy them a beer.)
Sean Gleaves
1982-2068 (see how impressed you'll all be if I'm correct)
Suppo
View Profile
Regular user
Indianapolis
101 Posts

Profile of Suppo
Bambi - at least at age 7 it did.
sparks
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, Virginia
89 Posts

Profile of sparks
I’ll admit it does not take much to bring a tear to my eye… here a few movies I have not yet seen mentioned:

“Edward Scissorhands” - The scene in which Vincent Price dies and the scene at the end of the movie when it is snowing while a much older Winona Ryder is talking.

“You’ve Got Mail” – When Harry Nelson’s song “Remember” plays and the scene in which Meg Ryan remembers dancing as a child with her mother in the now empty bookstore.

“Meatballs” – I know this is a strange one (the movie is hilarious at times) but when the CITs sing around the campfire near the end of the movie it reminds me of better days (I was the same age as most of the CITs when the movie came out… the movie brings back a lot of good memories of growing up in the 70’s... simplier times for sure).

“K-PAX” – Even though it is Sci-Fi it is a very moving story with numerous sub-plots that are just as moving.
Sparks

It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movie scenes that made you teary-eyed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL