The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movie scenes that made you teary-eyed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1393 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Rudi,Glory,Rocky,K-PAX all classic's! Im just teared up watching Billy Elliot..now in fairness..I have no good excuse as to why this should happen!Great Topic by the way Smile

All the best,

Pete
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Oh wow, lots of them.

A Walk in the Clouds had me a total basket case on an airplane once. Of course I had been deployed away from home for a long time and was on my way back. Probably wouldn't have changed much though, I cry at a lot of movies.

Most recently, several scenes in CARS of all things Who'dathunkit? Some happy, some sad tears, the happy ones were when the cute little forklift showed up the "meanies" at the race by throwing the tires up in the air and... well you know the rest.

So call me a softie Smile
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Yesterday it was The Ron Clark Story, When the kids did well.
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Cool Topic, I'll open up and let it out.

The Movie "The Notebook" When he goes back into her room at the end and the both go to sleep,True Love.

Shawshank Redemption"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying...You GOD D#$% Right

October Sky when Homer's Dad hugs him and also when he tells his Dad that he was always his hero.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off when the ferrari went over the edge.

Uncle Buck at the end when they freeze on a smiling John Candy,I just finished watching that just after he died. He was awesome.

Life is a house,when the kid jumps off into the water.He had cancer which I'm sure most of us can relate to unfornately somehow.

"The Fly 2" when Brundle saw his dog that he thought was dead, crippled from the teleportal machine being laughed and gawked at when the dickheads gave the dog its food.

Obviously Saving Private Ryan.Human Sacrifice and Human Spirit,there is no equal!

Problem Child with the Late Great John Ritter,again just after he passed,when his says" We adopted Satan" made me laugh till I cried.

Patch Adams with the man in the hospital who has his last Jungle Safari with balloons.

The Seventh Sign with Demi Moore when she says she will sacrifice her life for her baby,Im not religious,it was just very moving

Superman- After the True SUPERMAN offscreen and on and inside and out passed on Mr Christopher Reeve. SUPERMAN FOREVER

Okay I think that's enough for now,thanks for listening.

hey,can I have a hug?

cheers

Derek
Derek Johnston
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Point of order:

"K-Pax" isn't science fiction. It's a story about mental illness.
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2007-01-03 09:44, Carrie Sue wrote:
Point of order:

That would be in the eye of the observer, I think.
What would Wavy do?
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
The end scene in Ordinary People.

I don't recall the exact exchange between the Father and Son but it tugged at my heart.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Requiem For A Dream.

I didn't tear up, but it did make me really sad, but in a weird way.

It's a great movie...find it.Watch it.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Radio

and jersey Girl when The husband finds out about his wifes death
polkablues
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
121 Posts

Profile of polkablues
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 23:23, Freak Prodigy wrote:
Requiem For A Dream.

I didn't tear up, but it did make me really sad, but in a weird way.

It's a great movie...find it.Watch it.

I'll second that... and I'll also add "The Fountain", also directed by Darren Aronofsky, which might still be in a theater near you if you hurry (and you should hurry).
Sean Gleaves
1982-2068 (see how impressed you'll all be if I'm correct)
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hey, Jim:

"A Walk In The Clouds" certainly was intense, but it was also a big surprise (at least, for me). I never knew Reeves could actually ACT. To borrow a phrase from an earlier phase of his career, "It was a most auspicious experience, dude."
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
LOTS of sports movies!!! And real "sports guys" don't admit it gets to them you know!!

"Pride of the Yankees"
"Rudy"
"Brian's Song" (yea, just hearing the theme does it)

And other's...haven't seen "We Are Marshall" yet but got a feeling this will be another one!

I was flying back from Mexico last week and the movie on the plane (going down there and coming back) was "Invincible" about the guy that trys out for and plays for the Philly Eagles. Well..I was watching a guy a few seats ahead and sure enough...at the end, he was wiping his eyes (and me too!).
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2006-11-26 16:15, Timothy Drake wrote:
Old Yeller, the Forest Gump scene and worst of all the death scene in " Simon Birch". That scene put the entire theatre in tears and was so sad that I think it ultimately killed the movie at the box office.

Best,

Tim

I cried that they made such a stellar novel (John Irving's "A Prayer for Owen Meany") into such a lousy movie.

Posted: Jan 12, 2007 11:51pm
----------------------------------------------
Funny that there are many sports movies mentioned, but not my favorite (and the one that gets me every time)...Eight Men Out, when they've been acquitted by the jury, and they're in the room celebrating at the same time as the cutaways with the commissioner banning them for life.

Surprised not to have seen this one - Sling Blade (at a few points, actually, but particularly when you know that he's not crazy, he knows exactly what he's doing, but he's willing to give up his freedom and be locked up forever to set things right for that family)

American History X...the end.

Also surprised to not have seen this one - either version of Of Mice and Men, but I'm partial to the Sinise/Malkovich.

The Peter Jackson King Kong

Ditto Good Will Hunting

Shadowlands

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, when Aslan is up on the Stone Table

Great movie that a lot of people haven't seen...Punch Line (Tom Hanks, Sally Field, John Goodman). Don't want a spoiler on a movie that some may try out... the scene focused on Sally Field right before the contest winner is announced.

Sleepless in Seattle get me when Tom Hanks is on the phone with the radio host talking about his dead wife.

This could turn into a really long list...that's a good start.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
Scrooge, the Ronald Neame version starring Albert Finney...when he sings - in a broken and faint voice - the waltz he remembers he danced with his old ( and maybe the only one ) love, Isabel.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5731 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
"Pay It Forward"

Right throughout especially at the end when they had that candle light vigil...

They broke into applause in the cinema I saw it in... So very moving...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2007-01-03 09:44, Carrie Sue wrote:
Point of order:

Been a while since I've seen it, but hadn't he vanished at the end?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
The most recent movie that aroused some emotion for me was 'Click'.
It was about this magical remote control that control time, language, volume etc.
Before the ending when this guy gains all the success that he dreamed of but loses his family and love, it was really an opportunity to see what really matters the most...

Sung
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
No votes for the Magnificent Seven?
Cards never lie
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Some of you have mentioned RUDY. One of my daughters- in- law is his youngest sister. The truest part of the movie is the final scene when he tackles the quarterback. I have a signed picture of the actusl play. There were exactly 14 children in the family. His parents are still alive and living in Wisconsin. They have more than 50 grandchildren. There were 7 boys and 7 girls. Five of the boys are high school teachers and sucessful wrestling coaches. All of the boys are called Rudy (last name is Ruettiger). The Rudy of the movie is named after his father Daniel. He lives in Las Vegas and earns a nice living as a motivational speaker. The movie is shown to the Notre Dame football team at the beginning of every season and Rudy also gives a pep talk to the team. My tear jerker choice is Brian's Song.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Carrie Sue,

I thought K-PAX was in fact an alien . . . as he disappeared in the end.
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movie scenes that made you teary-eyed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL